indoor pipe November 07, 2011 06:48PM
I have a pipe that comes out the side. Does anyone have a idea on the pieces I should buy to get it back over the top of the rollcage. Never done this before. Thanks.

Re: indoor pipe November 07, 2011 11:28PM
Its not as bad it actually looks. Try using 45's, not 90's. N0t sure what class you pull, but consider going to a larger pipe than you run now.... so if your a 5" go 6", just my opinion. Start with a 45 off the top of your exhaust pipe and start working back. Then make the mount that goes on top of your cage. That will ensure your at the right height for the sled pipe. Then you can eye up the pipe between.

Re: indoor pipe November 08, 2011 02:42AM
Should go without saying, but it's worth repeating. No matter how you build the pipe, don't cut corners and make sure it's on there good and solid. I have seen more than one of these pipes come off during a pull, resulting in a DQ, not to mention the hazard to judges, track crew, etc. Would make for an awful long ride home.

Re: indoor pipe November 10, 2011 06:19PM
One more important rule of thum... make sure u have enough room between the clamp on top the tractor ad end of the pipe to be abe to back into the hose on the sled.. I think the normal distant is appox. 3 feet.

Seen many try to back to the sled but the clamp kept them from hook to the sled due to it being to far back.. thus resulting in a DQ as well...

Re: indoor pipe November 11, 2011 08:57AM
Where is a good place to buy chrome or stainless?

Re: indoor pipe November 13, 2011 10:11AM
Don't know where you are, but the Iowa 80 truck stop has more chrome pipes in one place than anywhere else I know of.

Re: indoor pipe - Look for pic of Hurricane Allis November 16, 2011 02:39AM
Anyone got a pic of the Hurrican Allis from an indoor pull? This is the first side exhaust that comes to mind, although I am not sure if they ever pulled indoors. But, I was thinking I either head or read at one point they went to Gordyville, but could be wrong.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009