John deere flywheel or clutch cuts tractor in half photos?? November 08, 2011 03:59AM
Looking for the pictures that were posted on here a quite awhile ago of that john deere that was basically inhalf after the flywheel i believe exploded. Any links or info would be helpful!! Looked all around on here but couldnt find it! Thanks Guys!

Re: John deere flywheel or clutch cuts tractor in half photos?? November 08, 2011 08:40AM
I have these that a friend of mine took in Wooster, OH in the spring of 2010. He sent them to me in a text so I don't know if they're posted anywhere.

Re: John deere flywheel or clutch cuts tractor in half photos?? November 08, 2011 11:33AM
What happened to the driver, other than dirty pants?

Re: John deere flywheel or clutch cuts tractor in half photos?? November 09, 2011 12:07AM
the driver was very lucky no serious injurys

Re: John deere flywheel or clutch cuts tractor in half photos?? November 09, 2011 12:32PM
Was the tractor running too high of RPM without steel flywheel and safety equipment? The only equipment I see on the picture is side shields. Must have been a farm stocker.

Re: John deere flywheel or clutch cuts tractor in half photos?? November 10, 2011 06:46AM
Hey guy I took the pic if you like to them all ill post them later if you like to see them

Re: John deere flywheel or clutch cuts tractor in half photos?? November 10, 2011 09:41AM
please share more photos.

Re: John deere flywheel or clutch cuts tractor in half photos?? November 10, 2011 05:01PM
Yes, I would too. I'd like to show them to the over-reved farm stock boys. They keep thinking it won't happen to them.

Re: John deere flywheel or clutch cuts tractor in half photos?? November 10, 2011 06:16PM
im sure there has to be a video of this somewhere..

Re: John deere flywheel or clutch cuts tractor in half photos?? November 11, 2011 01:33AM
Yes I think you are right, the rpms were crazy. There is a need for common sense in all areas of any thing
one does in life. I do not think all farm stockers would extend their equipment to that point. In this case one did.
Now I am waiting to see what kind of cage, saftey equipment,ect will be required to prevent a repeat of the Gordyville
mishap when the JD lost it's wheel.
Just think about what caused that mishap.

An 85hp tractor was turned up to 400+++++ hp
Tractor was running road gear or above
Clutch was probally dumped how many times??
Operators manual warned against rough starts and heavy loads at high speeds
Tractor is 50 some years old
Hard to tell what type of abuse it suffered in it"s first life.
I could go on and on
It is not only the farm stockers taking risk and being risky
I am in favor of saftey equipment and rules for that promote saftey
Thankfully no one was injured in either event

Re: John deere flywheel or clutch cuts tractor in half photos?? November 12, 2011 01:42PM
Sorry we had problems loaded pic. Here some pic. We have others. Try here later get them up

Re: John deere flywheel or clutch cuts tractor in half photos?? November 12, 2011 02:00PM
Found anther pic.

Re: John deere flywheel or clutch cuts tractor in half photos?? November 12, 2011 02:15PM
Found couple more. Got couple more put to put up

Re: John deere flywheel or clutch cuts tractor in half photos?? November 12, 2011 02:22PM
Well ther some pic. to look at. Hope these pic. Help out .after a buddies seen pic thought he's Goin check his flywheel in a antique pull. an to his surprise heat cracks were huge. Replaced his flywheel right then. After seeing these pic. Anyhow here pic. U guys wanted to see.

Re: John deere flywheel or clutch cuts tractor in half photos?? November 12, 2011 02:28PM
Jus noticed if you blow pic. Up u can see flywheel peases. Stuck to bolts on crank. An one pic. See gear shifter is in gear it was pullin

Re: John deere flywheel or clutch cuts tractor in half photos?? November 13, 2011 12:13AM
Why was this tractor even allowed to go down the track with no fenders? Looks like Puller was trying to commit Suicide more than One way!

Re: John deere flywheel or clutch cuts tractor in half photos?? November 13, 2011 09:42AM
Hey Minn-Mo-Man, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the accident that made the folks in Wooster require that ALL tractors that hook to a sled have a steel flywheel? I think that's what my buddy told me LOL! By the way, you never sent me those other pics where you can see the pieces, holy cow!

Re: John deere flywheel or clutch cuts tractor in half photos?? November 13, 2011 10:14AM
Mister Moline Puller. The other pictures that you have not seen yet are from the kids yard at home. We know the kid personally. It was a brush pull as why it was running in that class. Everyone was lucky. We put the pictures up for everyone to see WHAT can happen . Now they are required to have a blanket or sheet metal at that pull. Oh by the wS pinkys is pretty good. Sorry you will be missing out this weekend

Re: John deere flywheel or clutch cuts tractor in half photos?? November 13, 2011 11:21AM
Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Re: John deere flywheel or clutch cuts tractor in half photos?? November 13, 2011 11:39AM
Agreed, thank you very much for sharing more pictures (the original ones you posted were still burned into my memory from the first time you posted them). A steel flywheel sure looks like pretty cheap insurance to me. I'm a firm believer that all thing can be used for good. Thankfully nobody was hurt, and hopefully many, many farm stock pullers can learn from another puller mistakes and spend that extra few hundred to buy that steel flywheel.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: John deere flywheel or clutch cuts tractor in half photos?? November 13, 2011 12:08PM
was there the day the tractor split it two still remember driver laying on the track in pain seemed like it took a long time for squad to get there 2inch part of casting was laying on ground were i was standing 100 ft away was glad my wife and boy wasnt standing there when she let loose, that could of been a bad day, hope driver is doing good and putting a red tractor together,

Re: John deere flywheel or clutch cuts tractor in half photos?? November 14, 2011 12:27AM
We were standing right there with my little girl who is a die hard pulling kid. I know the kid this happened to personally. Matter of fact he bought our old 4010 and pulled it this year. The poor kid was nervous to say the least. So I tried to help him by giving him some positive thinking. He kept asking me if my dad was coming to the pull. I called dad at hkme so Jessie could talk to him. Dad was too sick to be there that day. So dad gave him some advise on the tractor. I waited with jim in line and told him. If you are too nervouse to pull this girl I can show you how to run her. He smiled and said thanks for being here in line with me. It makes me feel better. So i gave him a good luck hug and told him to remember to slip the clutch at a certain point and she will roll. Jessie smiled and i ran down to the end and video taped him pulling my dads old puller. It was the first time in23 years she had been pulled. I told him he made the Drysdale boys proud again. I have video of that pull. It was pretty awesome. Jessie pulled her a couple more time this summer.

Re: John deere flywheel or clutch cuts tractor in half photos?? November 14, 2011 01:28PM
HEY deere daughter is dan or ed drysdale your father

Re: John deere flywheel or clutch cuts tractor in half photos?? November 15, 2011 12:19AM
Ed is my dad. Dan is my uncle. Do you know them?

Re: John deere flywheel or clutch cuts tractor in half photos?? November 16, 2011 11:57AM
yes i know both of them also no Dans wife and your late uncle Dale and his wife done a lot of business with Dale when he owned the j.d. dealership, my younger brother owns a share of the dealership where dale was (shearer equipment) thanks Brad Giauque i have a 4010 puller named (Awesome Johnny)

Re: John deere flywheel or clutch cuts tractor in half photos?? November 16, 2011 01:26PM
I know Brian. He has always been good to me. Yeah. I miss uncle Dale alot. I need to stop in at the Shear store so I can get my daughter some decals for her garden tractor. She is 7 and pulls a john deere 210. But I have to add that it is painted minnie mo yellow and red. She lives tractor pulling. She is going to be the next Julia Conny. Lol. She almost got a full pull at the last pull a few weeks ago and now she thinks she needs to go bigger and faster. We take her to some of the big pulls and she knows the drivers by name . Its in her blood i guess you could say. She will sit and watch the last tractor of the night pull. We are building a moline to run divison 5 this next year. Want to tk about harrassment. Boy am i catching it. Dad keeps telling steve if he wants to win he needs to go green. I pulled the gtb this year at wayne countu fair and i caugjt alot from other guys that know my dad. It was pretty funny. Steve is working hard to get this tractor on the track. It will be great to see all the brands of tractors pulling. Dad hasnt made many pulls this year cuz of his health. Its hard for him to walk much of a distance. Send me a private message sometime and tell me who you are. Glad you got a pulling tractor going. Its alot of fun. Have a good night

Re: John deere flywheel or clutch cuts tractor in half photos?? November 16, 2011 01:41PM
ARE YOU GOING TO PULL THE MINNIE MO IN THE DIV. 5 C.S.S. CLASS, THATS WHAT WE ARE GOING TO RUN NEXT YEAR. Brad

Re: John deere flywheel or clutch cuts tractor in half photos?? November 13, 2011 03:24PM
Safety is paramount, no ifs ands or buts about it.
I was in Stanford, KY On a very bad night, still haunts me.

Chris Watson
Watson Motorsports
Batavia, OH

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009