Aluminum front wheels November 09, 2011 09:28AM
Any help you can give, would be appreciated! I'm trying to put aluminum wheels on the front of my Super MTA puller. I now have a Schwartz aftermarket wide frontend that i narrowed and lightened alittle. I would like to put 16"x4"rims (polished aluminum) on this frontend. What hubs off what tractor will work for this frontend? And will I need adapter plates depending on what wheels i Choose? (Meaning size of center hole in rim?) Is there anywhere that makes aluminum front wheels and hubs and adapter plates and etc. for pulling tractors of different makes or in this case Farmalls? Where are everyone buying 16"x4" rims? And what size center holes should i be looking for? THANKS for any info PULLER GUYS!!!!! JIM..

Re: Aluminum front wheels November 09, 2011 11:22AM
Does the Schwartz front end have the 6 hole industrial hub, if so we made some for our combine axle.

Re: Aluminum front wheels November 09, 2011 01:16PM
Pictures of adapters

Re: Aluminum front wheels November 09, 2011 01:54PM
I have had many schwartz or speeco hubs machined and drilled to fit 5 bolt rims without any adapters. Figure out which rim you want to run and go from there. Also you could build your own spindle-hub set up by buying some 5 bolt trailer hubs at TSC or some other farm supply place that has them. And another thing I haven't seen too many 4"X16" rims around definitely a lot more 15" rims. Also JEGS has a large supply of rims to choose from.

Re: Aluminum front wheels November 10, 2011 11:42PM
Mr. MolineOliverCockshutt, I really like your front wheels on gold digger, Do you know where i can get 16"x4"? I think i found a hub that will fit my frontend, but it is six bolt hub, and can not locate any rims in a 16"x4" or 15"x4" without the wheels going to a 5 hole bolt pattern. At this point, i'm back to looking for adapter plates, or cutting wide rim like yours in half and taking piece out of center and rewelding to my size.... What do you guys think? Thanx again.. Jim

Re: Aluminum front wheels November 11, 2011 01:27AM
I have modified a bunch of 6 bolt Deere hubs to accept 5 hole Chevy aluminum wheels. That is a possible solution for you as well.

Re: Aluminum front wheels November 11, 2011 05:31AM
This is kind of my plan to be truthful, just not exactly sure how to go about it. What did you do to accept five bolt rims? The chevy rims you used, how wide were they? I need a 4" to 4 1/2". Does chevy have any rims this narrow with a diameter of 15" or 16" off of anything? I see some aluminum rims for Dune buggy and sandrail cars are from 3", 3 1/2", 4", 4 1/2", etc. but has VW hubs and spindles and such and not really sure how much expense and machining i would have to go through and if it would be worth the trouble if there was an easier way. I might be just as well to get my 6 bolt hubs, and find a pair of aluminum rims 16" x ?" and cut center out of it and reweld back together at 4"? I don't know? Any Help??? Thanx Jim

Re: Aluminum front wheels February 08, 2014 08:21AM
I want to put aluminum rims on the front of a 70 john Deere. Can u b of help

Re: Aluminum front wheels November 10, 2011 04:48AM
if you are trying to get rid of the cast center wheels, i believe all states ag parts or steiner has a direct replacement hub that will allow a six bolt
wheel.

Re: Aluminum front wheels November 10, 2011 06:16AM
I will try Steiner and A.S. Ag parts, thanks.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,785, Posts: 229,971, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,049.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009