Louisville List is up November 11, 2011 06:30AM
They have posted the Drivers List for Louisville. Get ready for some surprises.

Drivers List

Re: Louisville List is up November 11, 2011 09:36AM
Are Davidson's bolting on the little charger and running in SF again since they don't have the Lim pro class?

WHERE IS THE BILLET BINDER November 11, 2011 10:35AM
HOW COME THE PPL NATIONAL CHAMPION IS NOT IN. MAKES NO SENSE TO ME.

Re: WHERE IS THE BILLET BINDER November 11, 2011 11:12AM
You got to send in to get in.

Re: Louisville List is up November 12, 2011 01:10AM
There are going to take it as is,see if anybody can tell the difference

Re: Louisville List is up November 12, 2011 12:16PM
cool to see red line fever "LITE" in the heavy class!!!

Lite's cage? November 12, 2011 12:56PM
Good to see him in there should be a good show.

But will he weigh 8000 lbs with a 2 bar cage? Pull at 7000 or put a 3 bar cage on it for NFMS?

Re: Lite's cage? November 12, 2011 01:06PM
I don't believe there are any SFI requirements at the NFMS. The pull is completely independent and they make their own rules. I don't think the 2-bar cage will be an issue.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Louisville List is up November 12, 2011 12:19PM
Wow another RED AND GREEN show , ho hum outa be exciting

Re: Louisville List is up November 12, 2011 12:24PM
Hey Ted! Don't go! If you don't like it. That's the way it's been for the last 20 years.

Not much color in the light class November 12, 2011 01:36PM
Bunch of IH and JD there as well

So..Lets get this right... November 12, 2011 05:55PM
Your NTPA SF Champ isn't is (Did he even apply?)

The best way to NFMS is with a Whoopie Pie.....or Pie's

The Midsouth SF Points Champ isn't in.....

Last year's Midsouth SF Points Champ and this year's GN 6th place isn't in....

This year's 7th place SF GN tractor is in....

A Deere from Dixie wins a hometown brush pull and 8th in GN and still gets in........

No Wildermuth's????

Re: So..Lets get this right... November 13, 2011 01:06AM
The region 3 winner isnt in, the region 5 winner isnt in, Bowling Green second sesion isnt in, Tomah first sesion isnt in, but at least they got alot of PPL tractors...

Re: So..Lets get this right... November 13, 2011 02:26AM
Did they all apply?

Re: So..Lets get this right... November 13, 2011 03:41AM
Dean doesn't own the tractor anymore, so I doubt he would have applied with it.

Re: So..Lets get this right... November 13, 2011 03:46AM
John applied though

Re: So..Lets get this right... November 13, 2011 03:52AM
Adam your friends with John Platte and facebook and you should of seen he applied with "A grey Area" aka Big green tractor! and didnt get in

Re: So..Lets get this right... November 13, 2011 04:37AM
sorry missed that update.

Re: So..Lets get this right... November 13, 2011 03:47AM
I don't think the committee has a set of guidelines that just cause you win a region or a specific pull doesn't mean you automatically are in.

Re: So..Lets get this right... November 13, 2011 04:55AM
Nope, you just cram the lovely little whoopie pies down Richwine's throat till he pulls sum strings for ya!! UM UM Good....

Re: So..Lets get this right... November 13, 2011 05:02AM
they took the top 4 in outlaw points..would of though they would of took the winners of the ntpa region points..how did red iron get in doent even pull the class?????????

Re: So..Lets get this right... November 13, 2011 05:42AM
I THINK THEY SHOULD JUST THE 1 PLACE WINNER OF EVERY ORGINAZTION WETHER ITS PPL NTPA OR OUTLAW. THEN ALL THE REGION WINNERS WETHER ITS PPL OR NTPA AND MAKE IT A TRUE CHAMPIONS PULL

Re: So..Lets get this right... November 13, 2011 09:43AM
outlaw tractors
they took the top 4 in outlaw points..would of though they would of took the winners of the ntpa region points..how did red iron get in doent even pull the class?????????

Previous years winner gets an automatic bid the following year!

Re: So..Lets get this right... November 13, 2011 09:19AM
10 wins, and 22 top threes doesn't get the Region 3 winning tractor in?

Re: So..Lets get this right... November 13, 2011 01:14PM
He dont own the tractor anymore

Re: So..Lets get this right... November 13, 2011 01:19PM
He didn't apply. He wants to focus on getting the new project going. Really excited.

Re: So..Lets get this right... November 13, 2011 10:18PM
Dont forget also there are many SFs that are converting over to the 4.1 class this winter.

Re: So..Lets get this right... November 14, 2011 02:05AM
The national farm machinery show is for farmers who think they are big shots. The farm show means nothing within the pulling community other than those who with deep pockets trying to make a name for themselves. The commitee only knows certain farmers hence the denial of many non farming families to there event. The commitee's history of picking competitors is poor and the show is even poorer. The mods, twd's, and hss are the only three classes that should be there. I think the LSS need a 300' track to look any different than the Hss anyways.

Re: So..Lets get this right... November 14, 2011 11:32AM
You're way out there man...

Re: So..Lets get this right... November 14, 2011 03:46AM
Quite honestly for all this weeping wailing and gnashing of teeth Im seeing here, the NFMS MUST mean something more than what some of you are saying. Otherwise this thread wouldn't have the legs it's had. At the center of all this is that the committtee will be villains when picking Super Farm tractors for their show. Did some very good tractors not get in? Yup. Is it unfortunate? Yup. This is an invitational event with a finite number of spots, and of the tractors that didnt get in theres probably a half dozen or so that would play at the top quite easily and the rest arent slouches. I do not envy trying to pick Super Farm and TWD competitors, those seem to be the two most closely matched classes from top to bottom.

As for the comment that its a Big Time Operator (BTO) show, you gotta have substantial means to afford to do this. I do not in any way begrudge anyone of making and having above average means. I think that this the last place where we need to start a discussion of the haves and have nots, we have politicians that try to make us turn on one another as it is. The sport takes both intellectual and financial capital, theres not a dull knife in this drawer full of competitors.

Im not gonna suggest that the process is fair or unfair; and for lack of a better way of stating it, it is what it is. There are some competitors in other classes (some good LSS tractors on the sidelines) that I personally feel that had every right, every reason to be in, but they're not. It is what it is.

If the process was easy, we'd all try it. It's not. Anyone who takes on the battle of putting together an indoor event from a horse barn full of antiques to a pull in Freedom Hall, its a job and a challenge. Adding the invitational process into it makes it that much harder to do.

The only thing I'd suggest is ask competitors that got in what they have done, especially those who are competitors who have only been in the last couple years. What did they do different on their application? What separated it from the rest of the pack? I come from a history of judging FFA kids Proficiency submissions, and when there's a ton of them and they're all good, you gotta start digging deeper. I've taken a couple hours before to read and re-read applications (in one area, dairy production), just to make sure I made the right call. You can never tell what made an application be denied. And quite frankly it sucks to return a Proficiency/CDE form to a fellow advisor and tell them their star player didnt go to state because they didnt follow through somewhere on the application. Yes it is almost apples to oranges because there is a defined, publicly available rubric for FFA competitions, but this is a starting place.

just my .02

Good to see the board woke back up Smiling

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: So..Lets get this right... November 14, 2011 04:41PM
It might help if you played by the rules last year so that you had a chance of getting in this year. Even if you were the ntpa champ this year.

Re: So..Lets get this right... November 15, 2011 02:10AM
For many reasons this pull is a wonderfull event,1st the farm show without it the pull would not have an allready huge population to fill the seats,2nd it has became prestigious to do well or win this event put's a feather in ones cap,location and facility a one day's drive that can bring many pullers in,now the selection process has always seemed political,the short track is just an indoor thing,and some puller's do not want to get their rigs out on winter roads and deal with a cold conditions for a few seconds of short track pulling with the possability of crashing into concrete behind the sand pile,let's pray their is never a sled problem at the end of a pull.So for those who like to pull their great,and those who don't that is fine as well.

Re: Not much color in the light class November 19, 2011 10:02AM
sir i know of a d 21 that is invited from missouri

Re: Not much color in the light class December 07, 2011 12:10AM
wouldn't want there job, but is alot of fun to watch

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,762, Posts: 229,923, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,094, Posts: 226,019.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM