Ford 6.7 November 13, 2011 06:05AM
Little off the subject of pulling, but does anyone have any comments on the newer ford 6.7 diesel? Milage, power, ect.....

Re: Ford 6.7 November 13, 2011 10:06AM
Have one with about 1600 miles on it, have averaged about 18mpg. so far. Have only pulled a trailer about 40 miles, but the power is definitely there. So quiet you'd swear there is no way it is a diesel. This is an F350 sinsle rear wheel, super cab long bed. as far as ride, not bad for a ton truck with 80 psi. in the tires. Replaced on '08 diesel same specs, no comparison.

Re: Ford 6.7 November 16, 2011 03:50AM
I have worked on three 6.7 fords. Do the spartan dpf/def deletes. Truck will get better mileage and have more power. www.spartandieseltechnologies.com

Re: Ford 6.7 November 16, 2011 04:47AM
when we towed with ours (approx 20k). goin down the interstate it got about 6 or 7 mpg..just drivin it will get about 18. It is super super quiet like dirtfarmer said. Does ride nice and has LOTS of room in the front and back if you get a 4 door. Overall I love the truck

Re: Ford 6.7 November 16, 2011 05:32AM
I personally like the H&S performance for those deletes.

Just remember if you do a delete on a truck like this and have an issue pop up with the truck a dealership may not want to touch unless everything returned to stock. Even if you are willing to bypass the warranty.

So if you have to have this truck on the road everyday for work use, I would be very careful doing a delete. The down time and hassle can easily wipe out any fuel savings you may have had.

Pretty good feedback from customers that have purchased new 6.7l and some have the deletes done with positive feedback as well.

You just never know when a gremlin can appear with something man made and need that dealership to go to bat for you.

Re: Ford 6.7 November 16, 2011 10:57AM
A lot come with the 3.33 gears or you can find some with 3.55 can a guy get by pulling a heavy load with the 3.33 with the 6 speed auto by just shifting down a gear or doesn't it work to well?

Re: Ford 6.7 November 17, 2011 12:40PM
I have had mine about a year and it does a fine job of pulling my camper or my trailer with the tractor on it. It has a 355 gears. On 2 lane hilly roads it does better if you shift back to 5th gear. I get around 10-11 miles per gallon. Better than my 7.3 and it has waY more power and it was chipped and had big exhaust.

Re: Ford 6.7 November 18, 2011 12:00AM
So has anyone tried to hot rod one yet? I gotta wonder if it has the capabilities of the Duramax....

Re: Ford 6.7 November 22, 2011 02:34AM
Have an '05 with 6.0 with 150000 and love it!!! Traded off our '05 duramax for an '11 F350. NO COMPARISON!!! F350 will walk away from duramax and get way better mileage. Have 3500 miles on now and is getting 18 in town, 22 on hwy. 3.33 rear ratio. Pulling enclosed trailer with no problem. Getting 15 pulling trailer. Have crew cab short box. Have not had def fluid level low enough to add any yet. They are saying 7500-10000 miles add 5 gallon. Is very quiet running! Just got phone call that there is a notice coming out to all owners for a "programming issue". Was told DO NOT DO as is it is for not meeting California emmissions. They want to turn hp back down to 390 from 400+. The early ones were 390 and when GM released their 2011's with 395 Ford increased their p/u's to 400+. They now are not meeting California emmissions and Ford wants to reset them back down. You can request NOT to have it reset down if you currently own one! Most new ones being purchased now, dealer will automatically reprogram down before p/u leaves lot unless you have a dealer that will work with you. Absolutely love both Fords and used to be strictly GM!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009