bg museum,if you could pick??? November 24, 2011 07:06AM
which tractors would you pick if you could??...perry and stangle-solid junk,milt bergman-rambuctious,the old version where he sat out front and had 7or8 motors ,one row on top of the other,carl bid well-chevy national,4x4 international pickup,conners bad medicine or thier white painted jd,one of mellos fly minis,pipers haulin harvester...i could go on and on ....what would you pick????

Re: bg museum,if you could pick??? November 24, 2011 10:04AM
Mean Old Allis !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: bg museum,if you could pick??? November 24, 2011 10:40AM
oh yea..cant believe i forgot that one..when i was a kid it was my favorite tr...

Re: bg museum,if you could pick??? November 24, 2011 02:19PM
I think it is still out there. Last I heard, Phil Overdorf is turning it into a light pro stock with help from Max.

Re: bg museum,if you could pick??? November 24, 2011 01:58PM
Warren Ropp's- Iron Elk 4430

Re: bg museum,if you could pick??? November 24, 2011 06:09PM
wonder what ever happened to smith's deere harvester motor with the ih head on it

Re: bg museum,if you could pick??? November 24, 2011 11:25PM
I think the Deere Harvester is the buckeye bandit.

Re: bg museum,if you could pick??? November 25, 2011 12:17AM
Ted Dibble's Itty Bitty Binder , 1468 in the 5500 SS class!!!

Re: bg museum,if you could pick??? November 25, 2011 10:20AM
i know stones from in dexter ran it for a few years as hyper johnny,but it had a steel head on it..so i guess it wouldnt be the deere block with the ih head.its probably in a barn somewere

Re: bg museum,if you could pick??? November 25, 2011 12:26PM
John Klug and the Red Baron or Rob Russell's 3688

Re: bg museum,if you could pick??? November 25, 2011 02:03PM
Bennie McKinnon's Old Faithful D-21

Re: bg museum,if you could pick??? November 25, 2011 02:58PM
Conners Massey, white JD are cool, Bad Medicine was the best, Dibble's 1468 in the 55 was sweet, anything Blackbourn drove from his 706 to Slowride and now the Dangerous tractors, cant beat em'!

Re: bg museum,if you could pick??? November 25, 2011 09:45PM
what about the famous cajun queens!!!

Re: bg museum,if you could pick??? November 26, 2011 12:32AM
How about Claude Woodworth's blown F 30? By all accounts it may have been the first with a supercharged engine.

Re: bg museum,if you could pick??? November 26, 2011 04:34AM
Don Newlin G1000 with the Allison in it
Don Nolin g1000 alcohol pro stock (i was told it's still in the shed around Taylorville IL)
Charlie Declerks Lightning Bolt
Wayne Andrews 2 engine mod (it is in Illinois)
Eddie Govro Blue Ox (someone on here said it was setting outside at his place in Mo)
Pipers Haulin Harvester

Pic Of Thunderbolt November 26, 2011 05:46AM
gt puller
Don Newlin G1000 with the Allison in it
Don Nolin g1000 alcohol pro stock (i was told it's still in the shed around Taylorville IL)
Charlie Declerks Lightning Bolt
Wayne Andrews 2 engine mod (it is in Illinois)
Eddie Govro Blue Ox (someone on here said it was setting outside at his place in Mo)
Pipers Haulin Harvester

The Nolan-DeClerck Thunderbolt Allison was on display this past August at the Half Century Of Progress Show in Rantoul,Illinois..

Re: bg museum,if you could pick??? November 26, 2011 10:04AM
i thought about nolan's mm too,but i didn't want to put 2 of the same model trs on my list..3 yrs ago i took a old mod out to the museum,it was a gentelman's from our local town,who had passed away.i recruited a few of the young pullers from our area to help my wife and i get it cleaned up.it was parked in 6-1980.i will never pull at bg,but the experience of the preparing the tractor with the younger guys was priceless,in my mind anyway.the tractor did pull in bg in the 70's,and we had the pics on display to prove it.the guys at the museum are very interested in displaying tractors that pulled at bg,heck they even gave us a couple free passes and paid us the the fuel cost for transporting it.i know these tractors are out there,in a field or a barn, and you guys the pullers and fans see them every day.this is a great tribute to the pullers from the past,anyone considering doing this,it is a wonderful experience and a great oppourtunitty to show the young guys how inovative pullers can be..this would be a great senior project for a couple of students to do as a tribute for a past local puller too..as a side note,we recieved a very nice plaque for the tractor participating in the museum.when i returned home and handed the plaque to his wife and thanked her for letting us do this as a memorial...well you just dont get that feeling very often....

Re: bg museum,if you could pick??? November 26, 2011 04:35AM
Deere Hunter 1466
Bennie McKinnon's Old Faithful D-21

It would be a treat to see all (4) of the old McKinnon family D-21 pullers lined up in a row..

Bennie-- Old Faithful
Donald-- Joker
Herb--- Polecat
BIL Lucky Ed Miller--- Queen Chabela

Also would love to see N D Harrisons twin turbo 220 AC..

Theres probably not much left of any of these tractors..

Re: bg museum,if you could pick??? November 26, 2011 09:21AM
Cat's Meow 2255 from Ky.

Re: bg museum,if you could pick??? November 26, 2011 01:00PM
how bout danny deans rooster, john klugs red baron, jerry harts barnstormer, esdon lehns red line fever, max simpson, jerry van dorpe, banter brothers orange, tim englers mission impossible, macon bacon special (cant think of the name), walsh brothers irish challenger, roger simon simon sez, warren and ernie ropps iron elk, wilken/lorenz sneeky snake, larry shope iron dragon, alan and dennis brabec. just a few to start with.

Re: bg museum,if you could pick??? November 26, 2011 02:01PM
The bad thing with alot of those tractors from the last post are that most of them are still running or have bee turned into something different,there are alot of tractors that are just like they where the last time they where unloaded setting in the barn would love to just take a road trip and go see them all I dont care if they pulled at BG or not.Alot of the old tractors from Illinois is what i saw groing up and would love to go see them now.

Re: bg museum,if you could pick??? November 27, 2011 12:59AM
Their 4020 " Pike Co. Stud " and the Red Bone Coon Skinner 1206 would have to be there also.

Re: bg museum,if you could pick??? December 04, 2011 03:48AM
If you would like,I can go ask Kenny or Mike.I could also ask Linders about their overhead cam motor they ran in Prostock.

Re: bg museum,if you could pick??? December 04, 2011 04:23AM
i wonder if smiths and schrier used the same setup.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009