Clyde Butson Wnning Iowa State Champ. 1972 November 26, 2011 03:18AM
discalimer: Daughter helped me do all this. Thank you, Dear Smiling.

Re: Clyde Butson Wnning Iowa State Champ. 1972 November 26, 2011 03:22AM
Opps! try it this time.

Re: Clyde Butson Wnning Iowa State Champ. 1972 November 26, 2011 08:32AM
Stacy that's one heck of a good looking trophey being held there. Don't have to worry about that one sitting on the shelf collecting dust.

Re: Clyde Butson Wnning Iowa State Champ. 1972 November 27, 2011 01:33PM
Thanks to all who find this old stuff interesting. History of the tractor is we bought from Noble Harrison, Don Mckionn pulled it in 1971. It had a T04 turbo on it when we got it. Blew 3 of those, then we went with a T06, and , boy it really liked that!! about the same time, we took a set of 18.4 38 armstong tires off of a 4010 JD we had on the farm, cut them down {perry did most of this}, and things really started to come around!!

Back in the day all of the state assoc. had thier own championship pulls, We won the Iowa ,Minn, and WI. pulls got 2and at the ILL. pull, Hill Bros were first. The M&w power show was a big pull back then too, Got 2and there.

What remember most of this time is we when left Platteville WI. with Dale Rupp and his 4020 JD, went to Union City Tenn., then to Douds IA. , back down to Jerseyville IL. only to be told we could not pull cuz we from out of state!! then we ran up to Danville IL , then home. Rode the whole way in the BACK of a pick-up with a 5th wheel!! Best finish of the run was 1st at douds. I was 11 yrs old at the time, still remember it was yesterday......

Sold the tractor to Don Krienske in Minn. and that was it. Dad came back to pull antuiqes with a WARDS in the late 80's early 90's, Very succesfull with that too!! We wonder where this pull fever comes from!!!!!!

Re: Clyde Butson Wnning Iowa State Champ. 1972 November 27, 2011 11:37PM
history on the tractor is ,my dad purchased the tractor from Noble Harrison in so. ill. It was run by Don Mkinnon in 1971. when we got it, it had a To4 turbo on it, blew 3 of those. then we put a T06 on it and she really took off!! Also took Armstong 18.4 38 tires off 4010 jd we had on the farm and cut them down. tractor then went on a streak!! Back in the day all of the state asciastions had their own championship pulls. Dad went on to win the minn., iowa, wis. pulls, and got 2and at the ill. stae champ pull, got beat by the Hill Bros.

The M&W power show was also a big pull back in the day, got 2and at that one too! The tractor was actually quite a piece in its day,, metal flake custom paint on the hood was nice. What i remember most of that time is the run we made when we left Platteville WI. with Dale Rupp and his 4020 JD. went to Union City tenn. , then to Douds IA., then to Jerseyville IL.

Re: Clyde Butson Wnning Iowa State Champ. 1972 November 28, 2011 08:27AM
Stacy,

Glad you and your family learned your tractor pulling skills on a great color!

I love to see all of the older photos. I could post a bunch if I would just take the time to do it???

Take Care, Todd Domann

Re: Clyde Butson Wnning Iowa State Champ. 1972 December 11, 2011 03:35PM
Thanks for the great picture and info! I was just a kid back then and remeber hearing about this tractor from a Puller in Ridgeland,Wi area who had seen it pull at State Pulls! What a fun piece of history!

adjustable cam gear 4 ih 466 December 11, 2011 02:50PM
ih 466 ajustabel cam gear ? any one

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,915, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,014.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM