Attn: BOTH Limited PS and Light PS pullers in Indiana/OH/KY/MI November 27, 2011 08:05AM
HSTPA website link

(on the HSPTA website)

“Light Pro Stock ” and “Limited Pro Stock tractors” will be added to the classes already offered by HSTPA for the 2012 season providing that each class gets 10 paid HSTPA members by January 1, 2012. HSTPA membership for 2012 is the same as last year $125.00 + $100.00 if the competitor wishes to receive end of season money.

The Light Pro’s are almost at 10 paid members already and the Limited Pro class is half way there.
Both classes will be “point earning classes”. If the competitor wishes to earn points and get end of season monies they will need to pay the same fees as all other established classes

If you’re planning to compete in one of these classes please send in the HSTPA membership ASAP to insure the classes are available for the 2012 season.

Re: Attn: BOTH Limited PS and Light PS pullers in Indiana/OH/KY/MI November 27, 2011 08:25AM
when do you think limited pro's will be in bowling green

Re: Attn: BOTH Limited PS and Light PS pullers in Indiana/OH/KY/MI November 27, 2011 08:50AM
Honestly, I suspect maybe never.

The Light Pros will be there years before the limited pros, reason being in just 2 years it has become an established class.
If every single Light Pro in Region II showed up to a pull this year, there would have been between 20-25 of them, with more tractors either being built or converted from other classes (likely) for 2012. Add some of the Interstate guys (if they ever ran at BG) they could easily get near or over 40 tractors in that class.

The limited pro class, if they can ever get consistent rules from association to association, will have no trouble with numbers.
If you add Outlaws, PPL Midwest, Illinois, and other groups from the midwest/great plains area, not sure of numbers but wouldn't be surprised if there are over 40 of these tractors out there already. However, not as many in the Region II area where BG is located.

I personally prefer the Light PS to Limited PS for this reason: The 9500 lb limited class is still a red and green show (with 2 black cases from Missouri). In contrast, the Light PS class I saw at Ft Recovery last year had quite a variey of color. The rules may not be perfect, but they are producing vehicles that aren't just Deeres or Binders.
I have no inside info, just my thoughts.

Re: Attn: BOTH Limited PS and Light PS pullers in Indiana/OH/KY/MI November 27, 2011 11:06AM
Great post, you make some great points, and I for one would love to see the Light Pros at BG (and Louisville). The 4.1 Limited Pro would be a good addition to Louisville as well, but as "The Original Michael" stated, it "is still a red and green show (with 2 black cases from Missouri)", so if I had to choose between the two, I'd take the Light Pro.

The only thing I'd argue is that it's not 9500 lbs that limits color in the Limited Pro, rather it's the 640 cubic inch limit. The much more reasonable 540 cubic inch limit of the Light Pro makes that class awesome as far as color is concerned. Those Fords and true Allis' sure can be tough when they are all at even cubes. The Light Pro and Light Super are both proof that less is actually more, cubes and variety that is!

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,961, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,044.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009