2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks November 28, 2011 11:45PM
December 3, 2011 - ORVTPA West Region Annual meeting - 2181 South Hart Street Road, Vincennes, Indiana - 510 Limited Pro - 2.6 Diesel Pickups - propose farm stock class - propose diesel street stock class.
DeBuisseret Shop is where meeting is held - 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm eastern time. Any questions call 812-881-7275.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks November 29, 2011 11:27PM
any details what kind of farm stock class may be proposed? or what kind of rules may be proposed and weight? kinda wanna know before i make the trip if its worth my time.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks November 30, 2011 12:08AM
two choices for farm stock tractors

510 cube or 466
3x3.5 inch charger
20.8 x 38 top cut tires
p- pump
all safety equipment
3000 rpm
11000lb
role bar

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks November 30, 2011 04:41AM
you just killed 90% of the tractors currently available with the p pump and the weight. Saved me a trip however.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks November 30, 2011 04:54AM
sounds like a 3000 rpm hot farm class. thnaks for saving me the trip. a class like that will never happen. try A pump and 2.75x3 turbo guys. geez

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks November 30, 2011 01:35PM
466 cu
20.8 X 38" top cut tires
A - Pump
3000 RPM
11,500 lb
Water injection in crossover pipe
2.75 X 3" charger with a 2.5 restrictor plate
with safety equipment

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks November 30, 2011 02:26PM
those rules sound fine, rules are not in stone yet, when the people that wanted to start something before, no one could agree on rules, so we pointed them in a direction, been on phone today and the 2.75 or 2.8 turbo is some of the feedback i have heard, if we get 15 tractors interested in starting a class then we will sit down and tweek the rules, if majority wants to change from initial rules, but if the majority of the tractors dont agree , then original rule will probably stay. looks like my phone survey came out with 2.8 or 2.75 x 3 turbo, restrictor plate is optional, somewhere in the 11,000 lb area, top cut 20.8 x 38's, water is optional, a or p pump according to what the group wants, all safety equipment.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks November 30, 2011 05:31PM
How about a different class there are classes like that already. That's just another hot farm class.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 01, 2011 01:36AM
If you really want a farm stock class that can really be called a farm stock class, I suggest a box 3lm turbo, factory type injection pump for make and model, 2850 rpm, and no more than 466 cubes. There is plenty of room within these basic rules to make enough power for the class to be fun to watch, yet somewhat affordably competitive. Allowing P pumps, cut tires, water injection, etc just makes yet another hot farm or profarm wannabee class, and people that push to allow these things in a farm stock class don't want to pull farm stock, they want to beat up on farm stock tractors.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 01, 2011 01:49AM
Getting 15 tractors wouldnt be a problem if the rules are where they dont have to change a bunch of things just to run this class. Needs to be flexible enough to go ahead and let guys run the pulls that are already set up in indiana kentucky and illinois. Another question is how much is this gonna cost pullers, how many places are gonna pay to see this class run and how many possible hooks will there be?

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 01, 2011 02:07AM
i know safety equipment is needed to some extent, but ski's and a cable around the engine in a farm stock class? come on, get real. its only 3000 rpms. how about this- MANDOTORY sfi steel flywheel!!! blanket, air shut off, side shields, wheelie bars, roll bar, non cut tires. so perhaps some of these tractors can still pull in the MPH classes and not look all bastarded up.. not too crazy about the stock appearing pump rule, ( that had to be a ford guy wanting that!) but at least then some of the MPH tractors could have a little fun in there. the B.O.B. hot farm class is 466, 2.75x3 and having good turn outs so far! for get the 510 rule, if a case wants to pull they can build a 451 just like the rest of the class that is 466. 466 is your best way to go on cubes. cost efficient!!!

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 01, 2011 02:21AM
Just wondering if the class would have to be 11,000lbs? Could it be lighter?

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 01, 2011 03:06AM
I must be missing something. I dont run a ford but im gonna stick up for them cause seems like they always get the blame for everything. Pulled against them for years and never had a prob. How many p pumps have you ever saw in a mph class anyway? And anything liter than 12 alot of "farm" tractors have problem getting there.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 01, 2011 11:03AM
how is the cube limit going to be checked or inforced? does not do any good to have a limit everyone knows it will never be checked

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 01, 2011 11:26AM
Easily done. Be easiest rule to enforce.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 01, 2011 11:55AM
im sure there are no ways to get false reading from that

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 01, 2011 02:35PM
measuring fluid going into a cylinder doesn't lie!! several clubs in WI, IL, IN, IA have been using for a few years.
A pump was money and time well spent to eliminate bickering. quick and easy to do for all members at the beginning
of the year and any time motor was torn down., then put a seal on the oil pan. takes about 10-15 minute per tractor.

just another thought on this class, not sure if it is a good idea yet or not???

12,500# hobby farm trying to get started in WI.

rules 1. 12,500#
2. 20 MPH
3. safety equip.
4. NO ALTERED TIRES ALLOWED, CAN BE ANY SIZE

*** ANY CUBES, TURBO, PUMP, WATER INJECTION ALLOWED***

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 03, 2011 03:19PM
DONT THINK THATS FARM STOCK !

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 02, 2011 12:50AM
Why not use the rules that are already in place for the ky orvtpa group, instead of making your own version. We run 2.75 turbo, 470ci with a 1% tolerance making 474 ci the max limit allowed, 20.8x38 non,cut tires, a,pump/ (but may be allowing p-pumps this year, 13mm p7100 max no 14mm p8600) , 3000 rpms checked off the dampner while tractor is pulling. All tractor motors are pumped and sealed before first hook of the year. all saftey equipment. This is a great class, with growing numbers, this has been ran in kentucky as a sancation class for the last four year, with the b.o.b. And the ky orvtpa, and this 2012, season will be ran by the ktpa.club as well. We average between 12 and 15 hooks at most events. This is again a very good class that is very popular with the local fairs. we aslo.allow a slugg in the turbo, and water injection. please have a look at our rules on the , ky orvtpa website, or the battle of the bluegrass website, and consider using them.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 02, 2011 07:59AM
these are going to be the rules we will offer at meeting, if you are not comfortable with these rules, sorry, we feel this is the best set to start a class from scratch, to save someone the most money we can to build a tractor.
up to a pump
11,500 lb
20.8 x 38 not cut or possible top cut
2.75 x 3 turbo
466 cubes + or - 1 percent
water injection in crossover pipe only
all safety equipment
rops for first year, probably have to put on cage for 2nd.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 02, 2011 08:12AM
You will not save anyone any money by going with the A-pump rule. P-pumps are cheaper and more reliable.Also when,if ever you want to step up you dont have to buy another pump.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 02, 2011 10:34AM
1these are going to be the rules we will offer at meeting, if you are not comfortable with these rules, sorry
2rops for first year, probably have to put on cage for 2nd.

HOW MANY PULLS ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE?
WHAT KIND OF PRIZE MONEY/ PLACINGS?

VERY INTERESTING YOU ARE TRYING TO GET THE PULLERS INPUT ON RULES AT YOUR SO CALLED MEETING AND THEN YOU POST "these are going to be the rules sorry" SOUNDS LIKE HENRY D'S WAY OR NO WAY!

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 06, 2011 02:30PM
Take it from one of the guys that helped start the hotfarm class in ky, you will save the furture pullers a great deal of money by allowing the p pump in the begining of this class. The class will end up running the p pump anyway because the big expensive a.pumps are about as reailable as the hyper 15mm rotatary pump (u might get a good one or u mite get a lemon its about a 50/50 shot with the big apumps) but one things for sure u will pay double the money for the same proformance as the p pump. So i sugguest u allow both.a or p pumps just dont allow the big p 8600 pumps. This way anyone who has already spent big money on the a pump can run , but u save a new builder alot of money. the rest of your rule are great and pretty much match the ky orvtpa, but if u want that class to take off, and grow i would seriously consider the p pump

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 02, 2011 09:17AM
if your interested go to the meeteing and speek your opinion, thats the whole point of having the meeting. also why have the same hot farms that orv already has they are wanting to run bob and orv and kpa how are they going to run all of these hooks?

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 02, 2011 09:49AM
So much for getting much input from pullers who currently have tractors that would be close to making this class. Wont do much good to attend looks like.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 02, 2011 11:39AM
I agree done deal that's what I was told on the phone today. It has already been decided on.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 03, 2011 02:50AM
I figured that would happen. It seens that not many things get voted on by the membership. One guy is shooting from the hip and making things up as he goes along. The West Region leadership is pretty shady.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 03, 2011 05:55AM
Than not worth my time you should show up and voice yourself. I'm sure not everyone that henry has been in contract with is on here. And it is a meeting and they vote on what happens or atleast they have at every meeting I have been to in the last couple of years.
That's my two cents
Rusty Oeth

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 03, 2011 10:59AM
So what was decided at the so called dictatorship meeting!!!!!

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 03, 2011 02:58PM
A group of farm stock pullers showed up and discussed rules. Not sure what they decided on or if anything got decided. If you are interested im sure I can get you a phone number of some of the guys in the next day or so. As for the rest of the meeting it went really well and everyone had a good time.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 03, 2011 03:26PM
Curiosity killed the cat. Guess you ll have to figure out who was there and ask them. Just remember rumors are rumors unless you talked to someone who sat thru the entire meeting and know what was discussed. The offering may have gotten changed a bit who knows? May have been worth somebodys time to attend. Thanks Henry for the meeting place (you big dictator ha ha)

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 03, 2011 05:02PM
Your right rumars are rumers and the rumars 95% of the time are started by the H.Raiser in the hot farm class.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 04, 2011 01:54AM
Both these classes offerings have nothing to do with the Hell Raiser or the hot farm class. Their organization was nice enough to considering having these classes. Wouldnt benefit him if they have them or not. Not a done deal anyway. Considering is the key word in the sentence by the way.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 04, 2011 02:45AM
who ran the meeting? story goes as i was told that the same guys busted up the midwest group before it even got going. i was told they wanted to set their own rules after the rules were already set? is this going to happen again? and then again maybe those were just rumors. maybe any one going to this meeting needs to be alert and pay attention to whats really going on.but then again maybe just rumors you all know how rumors are, don't you? and who set the rules? is it just one guy or is it the class?

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 04, 2011 03:20AM
I like watching this stuff to see if a club or promoter wants new pullers or if it already has its pullers/winners selected. If this club wanted new or more pullers it would have posted what happened at the meeting and what the rules are so that others can decide if they want to participate or do something else or go somewhere else with rules that fit what they have or want to do. If u want to put together a class and don’t want outsiders or pullers from other areas to come pull don’t post it on here. You will not be successful and you will not draw new fans if you continue to have this attitude. Some pullers interested in the class could not make the meeting and yet you do not post any results sounds like a good old boy pulling club that welcomes nothing or no one.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 04, 2011 05:13AM
While we are on the subject of rumars, maybe the orvtpa w.r. is needing to add more classes in order to get more pullers/membership dues which would allow them to have the funds to start a group of their own. That way they would not have to answer to someone else. Maybe this is just a rumar but history just has a way of repeating it's self with these guys.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 04, 2011 05:54AM
Yeah I heard they told the president of orvtpa they didnt need him at the meeting. Sure thought he had to approve any class going in. Sure looks like to me he would need to be there! Just Sayin

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 04, 2011 08:05AM
With the 466 limit I suppose that knocks out any 6030's or 5020's.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 04, 2011 08:27AM
Wish they had something for more of the pullers in western ky not just another hot farm class.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 04, 2011 09:57AM
have you ever heard of a 5020 or 6030 with a 466? geez, this aint rocket science!!! hopoe this answers ur question philip! there is a class for 6030s, its called super farm and prostock! u 6030s are the whole reason why they want to make a farm stock 466 class.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 04, 2011 12:42PM
You don't think I know what a 6030 or 5020 has in it? I know exactly what it has in it. I know my 6030 is not some pro stock tractor pulling in a farm stock class. I would like to have a place to pull it. But a lot of people act like its a crime to pull it anywhere. And futhermore if you saw it run the one time it pulled this summer you would be less than impressed. Jokes on you then.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 04, 2011 12:55PM
Are you in western ky phillip d. What kind of class are you wanting and how many hooks a year?

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 04, 2011 01:24PM
well I am in Central KY actually and just looking for as many places to pull as possible. an 11,500 or 12,500 farm stock..

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 04, 2011 01:39PM
Well shouldn't farm stock run STOCK rpm's. That let IH run 2800 and 6030's 2200. Wouldn't that be compairable? Little more far?

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 04, 2011 01:48PM
I was thinking anywhere from 2600 to 3000 RPMs. Thats just my 2 cents

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 04, 2011 02:21PM
So would u pull a plow w/ur 6030 @ 2600- 3000 all day long? Its a farm stock class. Im tryin to help u out w/the 6030 so u can pull more. Im an ih na guy but I see and hear all day long ih guys itchn bout 6030's n farm stock "got a p pump" well it came factory w/one but. Not @ 3000 rpm. Ih turns up 150 rpms to b 3000. 6030, 800 rpms that's y they DON'T want to pull w/u. Isn't the BIG reason we pull is to have fun and meet people in the farm stock class or is it to see who could spend more money on cheating to win what $100?

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 04, 2011 02:32PM
Could care less about winning. I just pull for the fun of pulling, my family and me don't have the thousands of dollars to spend to make a super farm or pro stock tractor. We have done some to this tractor to have fun with. I just wanna pull. Theres not many places we are allowed to pull. And that get's smaller each year and by the looks of the rules posted earlier we don't fit the rules in the ORVTPA west. We'll just hook where we can and have fun there!!!

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 04, 2011 01:47PM
I am located in Crittenden County and have a sled of my own. We will be hosting 4 pulls next year not sure about how much prize money yet but that 6030 will be welcome over in my neck of the woods any time. My tractor is over there cube limit as well and I also run an intercooler so I am not interested in detuning a tractor to pull with that organization. So the only group I can pull with is Kenten which is a good group to pull with just some of the pulls are a little far for me. Will have more details later but I did have one pull this year in October just to see if it would go over or not and I was shocked at the turn out. So don't get to bent out of shape thinking you won't have anywhere to pull I have already been down that road. If you have any questions give me a call 2706251577.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 04, 2011 02:11PM
Where is exactly are you loacted? I'm interested in the pulls depending how far they are for me.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 04, 2011 02:22PM
results of meeting -
20.8 x 38 top cut
2.75 x 3 blower
12000 lbs
470 + or - 1%
water injection in crossover pipe only
a pump
all safety equipment
class is based out of Vincennes, Indiana with a possible 100 mile booking radius
class is projected to have a 400.00 to 500.00 purse
meeting went well
for more info call 812-881-7275

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 04, 2011 02:30PM
Our first year with ORVTPA was very successful and working with Dave Chappell and the other ORVTPA staff was easy. We are sure we have found a permanent home with ORVTPA and are very proud to be apart of them. We all work together very well and everyone is always informed of what is going on with the club.

Henry DeBuisseret
President Limited Pro Class

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 04, 2011 02:46PM
I think if 15 tractors that agree on a set of rules and are willing to pay a membership the day they approach an organization can probably have a class of there own, need to find a organization close to the area you want to pull in and ask them. Have your rules complete, have everyone in agreement, and have all safety equipment and I think any organization will give you a fair shot at starting a class.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 04, 2011 03:22PM
One things that wasnt on list that was just posted was no intercoolers.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 04, 2011 03:37PM
3000 rpms

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 04, 2011 03:53PM
class will be called altered farm

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 05, 2011 10:35AM
All safety equipment. Will that include:
1 SFI clutch and flywheel (paperwork)
2 Front skies
3 Gulitine
4 Steel hubs
5 SFI scatter blanket (current)

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 06, 2011 12:11PM
Dont like the rules dont pull in the class. Critics are a dime a dozen.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 04, 2011 03:07PM
2 hrs from Bowling Green 1.5 from Litchfield (Marion KY 42064)

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 04, 2011 11:41PM
This sounds like the 10,000# hot farm class except for the top cuts and 12,000# weight.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 06, 2011 06:17AM
I dont think you guys that are calling this farm stock have a clue . The guys that are wanting to pull farmstock you have to drop some seriuos bucks to be competive with those rules. How i know this is I own a 10,000lb 3,000rpm 2.75charger 470cube waterinjection ky tractor.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 06, 2011 11:07AM
They have no idea of what they are going to have for rules you just wait and see. We will see ten diferent versions of the rules before they drop the class.

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 06, 2011 03:09PM
To mr james hunt you are one of the guys that have ruined the farm stock class by trying to run your (585ci intercooled road gearpuller as a so called farm stock tractor with guys, that come straight off the farm to pull, your should have built your tractor for the ky hotfarm class insteady of building for the open hotfarm, sorry u didnt do that so now you have to run at the very few 13000lb open classes offer in ky, guess you should have thought about that before you went and built that big motor. As for the guy with the 6030, you bought that 6030 for a reason, you should have weighed the pros and cons of buying a 6030 to pull. My suggestion to u is to put it back stock and restore and sell it because if its a true 6030 it worth way more money that way and it a shame to ruin a good 6030, then buy you a good john deere 466 3000rpm hotfarm tractor that you and your family can run all over ky. Just my two cents

Re: 2011 Annual Meeting - Add farm stock tractors and street stock trucks December 06, 2011 03:48PM
Why is that everybody thinks they know so much about my tractor and the classes I pull in????? It doesn't have a 585 motor wished it did but it doesn't. So just which ky hot farm puller are you I want to know which one of is starting sh*t now.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009