question from the seat December 06, 2011 07:53AM
We all know tractor pulling is a sport and a hobby that we love or we wouldn't compete,my question or poll to other pullers is to rate the experiance of it,wheir does it rank on the level of adrenline rush you have ever encountered in your lifetime I am sure the more horsepower one has driven the higher it will rank.Me I'll give it a number one,or maybe number two!

Re: question from the seat December 06, 2011 08:48AM
I've been on a super farm. I'd rate it #2 behind being on a crotch rocket at 110 mph.

Re: question from the seat December 06, 2011 09:08AM
played around with an autogyro at one time,even was airborne briefly! you know you are having too much fun when your mouth is too dry to spit! have yet to have that on a pull tractor yet!

Re: question from the seat December 06, 2011 01:31PM
have done outside and inside loops in a citabra aerbatic airplane,that compared to a unlimited super stock

Re: question from the seat December 06, 2011 01:32PM
I know your going to think I'm nuts but I used to pull SF and Profarm. I now pull garden tractors. Now when you stop laughing, let me tell you that the ones I have now are by far more of a rush than any of my big tractors ever was. And I'm not talking about junk old big tractors either. The last 3 I had road gear was my low gear and was points champ 3 times in both classes for a total of 6 times. Granted I never had anything like the Silver Bullet. But think about being on something that runs 25 mph when you yourself are 20% of the total weight of the machine and the tire track is 36" center to center. You don't use brakes to steer, you use your butt! I know your gonna laugh about this post but I invite any of you to get on my new "baby" puller and at the end of the track look me in the eye and tell me that the front of your pants isn't sticking out!!!! Not knocking big tractors. I will always love them. But there other venues that accomplish some serious rushs!!!

Re: question from the seat December 06, 2011 01:46PM
been their nitro burning super stock cub's and one with a gs 1100 suzuki all the way to a 4 turbo unlimited,them little quarter scales can give one a ride and be a hand full,they will tune up one's reaction time I would challenge the the best of driver's to get on a hard running one,I sure won't laugh at you.

Re: question from the seat December 07, 2011 01:25AM
well havent pulled anything wilder than a too hot to farm yet but workin on it, give it a 2 tied with my mid 11 sec oldsmobile i had in high school but don't compare to racing street stock roundy rounds, nothing like setting a car sideways at 80 mph 2 inches from 20 other idiots!! lol

Re: question from the seat December 07, 2011 01:39AM
I raced dirt stock cars for a number of years in several divisions from hobby stock all the way to super late models, and nothing I have done since, including pulling tractors, has even come close. Well, there was that one misunderstanding with a jealous husband, but that's another story.......................

Re: question from the seat December 07, 2011 02:20AM
I went to tractor pulling b/c it seamed like a good idea at the time, I raced motocross growing up till I was about 18 then moved to sport bike racing for a couple of years. That was probably the 2nd most adrenalin rush I have had there is nothing like runnin 100+ then dropin a knee into a corner. # 1 for me was sky diving and i plan on getting more jumps in.

Re: question from the seat December 07, 2011 02:43PM
So Far it looks like fast mortorcycles and motorcycle racing #1
Flying and sky diving #2
auto racing #3
pulling#4
what about bull riding?Rodeo?
could be pulling is the safe sport for a adrenline rush for elders farm country boy's and girl's

Re: question from the seat December 07, 2011 02:51PM
Best rush I've had so far was turning a blown mini sideways in front of the sled then being pushed down the track by the sled.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2011 02:51PM by sdangus.

Re: question from the seat December 08, 2011 04:34AM
I drive a 3 engine RN/State level Mod with 3 blown KB Hemis but I must say from an adrenalin rush it comes in second.

We have driven Dodge Vipers on 5 of the super speedways and that will get the adrenalin rushing big time. They use the infield road course as well as 3/4 of the big track for this track time and it is a blast although a little scarier than I would prefer. Maybe a little too much adrenalin for me!!! That is why I like tractor pulling, you can run vehicles with lots of H.P. and the risk is very low compared to racing. I've always loved H.P. but was not real fond of high speeds.

S'no Farmer

Re: question from the seat December 08, 2011 06:01AM
I have a 52 cube Kohler Command roller motor on a racing mower that will cause your pulse to rise. I haven't had the engine on a dyno but it should be in the 80 hp range and the mower tips the scales at 275 lbs. Here in the south we race on red clay and it's a rush to pull'er open in a pack of 10 other "MowRons".

Re: question from the seat December 08, 2011 09:38AM
I was driving at NFMS that thing hooked to the track imediately,then started duck walking on me.My first thought was to ease off enough for it to stop,but not to much for it to ruin my pass and even worse ditinate,before I knew it the sand pile was there I've done a lot of crazy things over the years but that was the biggest rush I've ever had!

Re: question from the seat December 08, 2011 11:08AM
I've draged race, pulled superstock, prostock,. drove a mod couple times.pulled anitques . Jumped out a perfectly good air plane It comes down to three.
frist time I put the 460 in direct . In the 7000lbs class 1976.
the ol M wining 3 classes at the Ohio State fair the same day
anytime I run the light super

Re: question from the seat December 08, 2011 11:49AM
number one for me was strapped in with walker evans in his dodge off road racing truck going around the coarce
tractor pull is number three running the pull sled behind the pullers is # 2

Re: question from the seat December 08, 2011 07:49PM
Here`s what you want for the rush. One horsepower with a will of its own and little in the way of brakes or steering, chasing a pack of hounds in full cry cross country for 5 miles and jumping anything in the way. Beats the prostock hands down for the buzz!
[youtu.be]

Re: question from the seat December 08, 2011 09:08PM
Ya but my prostock doesn't @#$%& everywhere lol

Re: question from the seat December 09, 2011 11:08AM
the submarine breach took my breath away, went up in a little 2 seat plane fellow driving did what seemed like endless loops and drops, but my biggest heartrace came in college when i actually rejected a potential dunk the look on the other fellows face and my heart rate climbed about 200 beats per minute but I still want to tractor pull

Re: question from the seat December 10, 2011 07:05AM
Way back in the 70's, on the way to work one morning, a GTX 6-pack decided he wanted a piece of my '68 'Vette. Well, when we came out of an S-curve and I took the passing lane, the speedo read 147 as I eased in in front of him. I would never do that again. Jason has a snowmobile on asphalt that does a mild 146 in the quarter and we have plenty to tune. I quiver each time he takes off. It was also a rush when we dropped the old 496 from "Stepchild" in a rear engine dragster and it went 180-ish the first pass even though I wasn't driving. The third time I hit the track with the old Buick mini and the front came up about 150' and took a right turn was enough to say "EeHa!". I think it would be fun to pilot an Unlimited once. I don't think I have the nuts to get in an alky drag car, though. JW

Re: question from the seat December 10, 2011 08:06PM
Pulling mowers is so gay why would anyone even think thats an adrenaline rush????????????????????

Re: question from the seat December 10, 2011 11:07PM
Maybe you should try it. May change you mind?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009