Gambler December 16, 2011 02:24PM
Just wondering if anyone remembers the Gambler on the line in 2011... the engines seem to change their tone and it starts throwin some serious flames out the headers...is it just me?

Re: Gambler December 17, 2011 04:22AM
it is just the fuel they are putting in at idle, its just rich

Re: Gambler December 17, 2011 08:15AM
the flames that come out of the pipes is from the header design i made and the extra fuel at idle. its noting special that makes it happen. if you want a set for your tractor give me a call ill build you a set. Im building a set for a twin engine hemi right now. 585-409-3992

Re: Gambler December 17, 2011 10:41AM
We would love to see the Gambler tractor up at our pull in Brooklin Ontario the First Friday in June.

If you guys are interested please let me know and we could get it arranged.

(905) 435-0633 Winking

Re: Gambler December 17, 2011 12:24PM
if you have that much extra fuel for 3 foot flames,wouldn't the motors pop,fart,and pretty much run like crap?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2011 12:37PM by espfan.

Re: Gambler December 17, 2011 12:49PM
It sounds like ESP is kicking him out anyways.

Re: Gambler December 18, 2011 01:52AM
why is it when the motors are fired in the pits to warm the motors there isn't any flames then?
how come the flames don't start until the tractor rolls 10ft or so?
if it's just the newest fancy header design and not down in the hole,wouldn't the motors throw flames anytime there running?

Re: Gambler December 18, 2011 03:08AM
very interesting dont you think

Re: Gambler December 18, 2011 03:38AM
I seems that they only change theis tone and start flameing when it is right on the line hooked to the sled... almost like something changes...that thing sure runs strong tho

Re: Gambler December 18, 2011 04:04AM
if you paid a little more attetion you would see that they do flame up in the pits when the motors are warmed up and it only does it at idle, not 10ft down the track. u can look it up on youtube and watch our runs. Here is a link of a good one for you to watch. [www.youtube.com] actually KENYONCLIPSVIDEOS has alot of good videos he does a real good job. I find it funny that any negitive post are never followed by a real name just screen names. it is pretty simple thing to do if someone feels there is something not right then all they have to do is put up the money. We are not getting run out of any club either just so you all know. Robert Alves i will talk to Mark and see if it is possible and we really appreciate ur invitation thank you.

Re: Gambler December 18, 2011 06:44AM
Yes- This last summer watched in 1 pit area the team working on and running the tractor and at idle in the pits there is flame just like at idle before and after a run on the track. As soon as they give it fuel the flames stop. The only thing I wondered are the 3 motors the same head and design? I thought there was more flames at idle from the 2 lower motors and the stair step upper motor less flame and a couple of times on the line ready to pull no flame from that motor. It could be just the different angle but that is how it appeared to me.

Re: Gambler December 18, 2011 02:04PM
Will ESP continue to let you use your datalogger?

Re: Gambler December 21, 2011 03:52PM
seems to me that the ignition timing might be retarded at an idle and when the RPMs increase the timing increases thus why there is a flame at an idle and no flame when RPMs are increased

Re: Gambler December 21, 2011 11:16PM
nope there is no ignition curve or retarders mags are locked out

Re: Gambler December 23, 2011 03:46PM
So the timing never changes......why does it sound different rite after it is hooked to the sled...and why is it not all 3 engines? seems like the front right engine flames a bit more than the others...even on your clip john

Re: Gambler December 27, 2011 11:45AM
I realize I am inexperienced with their set up, my guess is the barrel valve is set richer on that motor. Watch the allisons sometime.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2011 12:32AM by Policy Peddler.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,915, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,014.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM