Factory sponsored tractor pulling back in the day December 17, 2011 03:08AM
Back when tractor pulling was just getting going with the 6 cylinder diesels etc , was manufacturers sponsoring tractors , ? Why was ALLIS CHALMERS always the top dog for so many years ?? Now the IH engines are the power houses- and the ones to beat - how popular was IH in the day ?

Re: Factory sponsored tractor pulling back in the day December 17, 2011 04:06AM
IH has always been popular in pulling and when jerry stared developing parts as an IH engineer they really became the kings for along time

Re: Factory sponsored tractor pulling back in the day December 17, 2011 04:51AM
didn't a-c offer a twin turbo motor for pulling,through noble harrison..around the time of the 210-220 model's..and i think the cajun queen had some deere backing too..

Re: Factory sponsored tractor pulling back in the day December 17, 2011 07:49AM
Did Andy Main work for Case? He was very strong around 1973.

Re: Factory sponsored tractor pulling back in the day December 17, 2011 12:47PM
Allis had a twin turbo 426 option avaliable for the 7000 series tractors for pulling , AC made custom injectors, steel cranks,etc at Harvey for pulling engines , i have a complete Harvy built engine P pump and all in my 180 that can never be matched - they also had fast gear sets for 180,s 190,s D21,s thru the 1970,s all made at West Allis , Noble Harrison coulda had a gold mine if he woulda kept up

Re: Factory sponsored tractor pulling back in the day December 17, 2011 01:03PM
Minneapolis-Moline was in to pulling in the late 1960's-early 1970's....They helped some of the top running MM pullers..

Re: Factory sponsored tractor pulling back in the day October 20, 2014 12:56AM
I just found this forum. I am N.D. Harrison from Pittsfield, Illinois and I am Noble Harrison's son. I worked on the AC engines with Dad and was the normal driver of the D-21 and, later, 220 we pulled in the late 1960s and early 1970s. I can answer some questions about AC tractor pulling in those days, including the "kits" supplied by AC, our twin turbo setup, the torque converter we ran for a while in the 220 and other things.

Re: Factory sponsored tractor pulling back in the day October 20, 2014 02:53AM
n.d. you on face book??on the good ole days page theres been lots of talk about the harrisons and the quad squad,just in the last few days

Re: Factory sponsored tractor pulling back in the day October 20, 2014 05:43AM
Patches,
I've heard a lot of people on the pulling sites refer to the "good ole days" (I think it's a pulling site). Where is this located on the net? I've not been able to locate it under that name. I'm really into the old school pulling and would love to read some of the postings.

Re: Factory sponsored tractor pulling back in the day October 20, 2014 11:24AM
one sick puppy , the site is on Facebook called good ol days tractor pulling

Re: Factory sponsored tractor pulling back in the day October 20, 2014 02:03PM
its on facebook,search this...good ol days tractor pulling..very,very interesting page,if you love old school youll be addicted to the page,id highly recommend it to any fan...

Re: Factory sponsored tractor pulling back in the day October 21, 2014 02:08AM
The only thing I've been able to come-up with on Facebook is Loda Good Ole Days Truck and Tractor Pull. Is this the site you've all been talking about? If it isn't, would someone be so kind to give me a link to the correct site? Thanks in advance.

Charlie

Re: Factory sponsored tractor pulling back in the day October 21, 2014 05:25AM
one sic puppy,if puller892 link doesn't get you there call me when your infront of a comp,ill go in the house and get on mine and see that you can find it,my num is 724-920-8470.

Re: Factory sponsored tractor pulling back in the day October 22, 2014 01:35AM
Puller892 & Patches,
Thanks to Puller892 for the link and your help as well Patches. Looks like a great site, I especially like the old photos and comments. I'm not very familiar with how long this Facebook group has been up. Does anyone know how far back it goes? Also, I'm not knowledgeable enough to know how to get to the first posting. I tried scrolling down the page and can't get to the end because it keeps returning to a certain spot. Is there any quick way to go to the very first posting? Thanks to all of you for your help. I love reliving the old days of pulling that I remember, along with the pullers of the era.

Thanks,
Charlie

Re: Factory sponsored tractor pulling back in the day October 20, 2014 05:19AM
I'd love to hear more about the torque converter. I've often wondered if that would work today in some of the limited turbo classes.

Re: Factory sponsored tractor pulling back in the day October 27, 2014 03:11PM
N.D. you need to get on Facebook site "Good'ol days tractor pulling". Several guys there that would sure be glad to here from you about the early days!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,731, Posts: 229,864, Members: 3,332.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member WestonFarms