diesel colleges January 06, 2009 04:28AM
Does anyone know of any good colleges or been to college for diesel mechanic mainly for tractor motors? Thanks

Re: diesel colleges January 06, 2009 04:50AM
might want to try nashville auto diesel college. its not cheap but a good facility and great place to get an education on diesel mechanics.

Re: diesel colleges January 06, 2009 04:54AM
take a look at the university of northwestern ohio

Re: diesel colleges January 06, 2009 05:23AM
Wyotech is a good place, but is mostly trucks. UTI is the same way. Southeastern community college in Milford NE has an excellent AG mechanic program you might check them out.

Re: diesel colleges January 06, 2009 07:19AM
SUNY Cobleskill or SUNY Morrisville, in New York

Re: diesel colleges January 06, 2009 12:43PM
Suny cobleskill under ag engineering. Excelent school. Sponsered by john deere.

Re: diesel colleges January 07, 2009 02:24AM
If you are around the Iowa area Kirkwood in cedar rapids has very good tractor program or you can check out NICC in Calmar Iowa also has a good program for John Deere tractors.

Re: diesel colleges January 06, 2009 07:18AM
Try the State University of New York @ Cobleskill and the State University of New York @ Morriseville. Look under Agricultural Engineering.

Re: diesel colleges January 06, 2009 07:34AM
Lake Land College in Mattoon, IL has a very good diesel program. They also have a John Deere program at that school as well. Definitely worth looking into.

Re: diesel colleges January 06, 2009 09:11AM
Sarah I am not sure what you are looking for good program in Milford Neb and Nashville diesel Tech, although if you want to have Knowledge and experience with some management and leadership skills to take to a dealership or even for your own personal business I would look into the Military you don't pay for the schooling and you get the same certificates and additionally with the economy kind of sucking right know it is a quarantined pay check for four years that also provides you with 80000 dollars in college money once you get out so you could use that to get a bachelors degree. Just food for thought and if you sit down with all the services and cost compare what you will spend in a tech school and what the Military can provide for you if you meet the basic requirements I doubt you will be able to bet it.

Re: diesel colleges January 06, 2009 09:15AM
Parkland College in Champaign, IL has a diesel program that is becoming increasingly difficult to get into and from what a I hear is very good.

Re: diesel colleges January 06, 2009 09:22AM
Where are you from?

Some of my friends went to Madison Area Technical College in Wisconsin I they were pretty happy with it.

Re: diesel colleges January 06, 2009 02:43PM
Im from Southwest Iowa.
Thanks to everyone for all the help and info!

Re: diesel colleges January 06, 2009 11:04AM
Mankato(MN)Tech. agribuisness diesel mechanics program. Instructor used to work with Lagod(hyper-max) back in the IH years. Good stories to hear!

Re: diesel colleges January 06, 2009 12:04PM
Hey Lakeland is a good choice. I went into the JD program and it is a very good program but probably not a diesel class more of JD. But the otheir class have to be just as good know some kids that went to parkland and the were very impressed

Re: diesel colleges January 06, 2009 12:34PM
Mr. YUK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mankato(MN)Tech. agribuisness diesel mechanics
> program. Instructor used to work with
> Lagod(hyper-max) back in the IH years. Good
> stories to hear!

Isn't that Jerry Cramer ( spelling) ? There's a flood of memories. I graduated in 1986 from MankatoTech and he was a blast to learn from.I always brought in the latest Puller Mags for him and the talk would start, especially with what Brett Berg and Esdon where starting to do with their SS tractors . Class act school to go to with 100% job placement upon graduation.

Re: diesel colleges January 09, 2009 05:06AM
Thats the man! Should have seen his and Gordys face when I brought in all my "new" parts for my jd466 overhaul my second year, Muller Performance boxes getn' shipped right to the school! Then the stories started to come out!

Ken Witt
class of 94'
Mr. YUK JD 7520 light superstock

Re: diesel colleges January 06, 2009 02:03PM
ICC in East Peoria Il great school highly connected to cat/jd/caseih

Re: diesel colleges January 06, 2009 02:07PM
Ferris State University in Big Rapids, MI has an excellent heavy equipment program.

Re: diesel colleges January 06, 2009 02:34PM
Go to JohnDeerePowerup.com, several schools offer this program. 100% job placement with JD dealers.

Re: diesel colleges January 06, 2009 03:00PM
Northeast Community College in Norfolk, NE has a good ag diesel program, which is separate from their truck diesel program. Two year program, goes thru the basics on a tractor & overhauling procedures from front to rear. Second year students do engine overhauls & diesel injection system repair. Internship program between student's first & second year require students to work as a mechanic at an ag dealer/repair shop to lean the trade during their summer break.

Re: diesel colleges January 08, 2009 07:40AM
I strongly recommend Northeast Community College in Norfolk Nebraska! Two strong training options, one track that specializes in Diesel Ag equipment and the other in Heavy Truck Repair. The extensive live hands-on-training in a state of the industry building with highly qualified teachers makes for a program second to none. Excellent placement and starting salaries have been the norm for graduates. Good experience all around for me.

Re: diesel colleges January 12, 2009 01:52PM
Ya I'm going to northeast right now love it. Would be a good choice would take a look at it. You do a lot of hands on things has ties with all colors.

Re: diesel colleges January 06, 2009 03:45PM
Illinios Central is a great school. I am about to start my second semester there in the Machining classes and have had a great time there. The teachers are top notch and they don't have junk for you to learn with. They also have a really good Cat Program which has a lot of high tech equipment to learn on.

Re: diesel colleges January 12, 2009 02:24PM
Since you live in SW Ia. Walk in to one of the fuel shops in Red Oak or St. Joe. Tell them you'll work for free to learn the trade. Then get a 2 yr. degree in electronics and you'll be in the drivers seat with a lot more money left in your pocket.

Re: diesel colleges January 16, 2009 11:18AM
I noticed no one said anything about DMACC i was wondering if that is a good one or not?

Re: diesel colleges January 17, 2009 02:38AM
For anyone looking to get into the Ag service technician field the John Deere Ag Tech program has many advantages such as have a job right from the start (you need a dealer sponsor to be admitted to the program) earning while you attend school during occupational work periods. Learning all the technolgy of todays equipment in the areas of Hydraulics, Electrical & Electronics, Fuels & Engines, Mobile HVAC, Precision Farming Hardware, along with Planting, Harvesting and Hay & Forage equipment. The program also includes the Associate Degree at its completion.
Because of the John Deere sponsorship the goal is that the student forms ties with the dealer sponsorand stays as a employee after the program but if they would leave it is next best if they stay employed by a Deere dealer somewere. These dealers can be Ag, Construction & Foresty, CC&E (70 horsepower and down) and Engine Distributors. the reason for this is that for every $1 the student spends for tution Deere has about $1.80 added to it. In Madison were i am the insructor/Program Director 2 years which is 5 semesters in length the cost is about $7500 for the program (not counting books, room and board, Tools and travel) Are school along with all the other Deere Ag Tech programs need to increase enrolment just to cover the retirements that are increasing in the shops.
For more info copy and paste this link www.johndeerepowerup.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2009 02:56AM by Ag Tech.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009