gordyville trip permits December 26, 2011 01:58AM
Coming from Wisconsin to Gordyville. Does anyone else get permits or just chance it and go, If you get permits where you get them from and with farm plates does the permits make it legal or not

Thanks for the Help

Re: gordyville trip permits December 26, 2011 04:05AM
Permits are different in every state. They are usually not very expensive. I've seen them as low as 15 dollars. As far as allowing farm plates not sure. Go to wdot and idot. gov. They can help you with permits and you can do it online from home even print them off.

Re: gordyville trip permits December 26, 2011 09:18AM
Farm plates are getting harder to get by with all the time. Depends on the mood of the cop, but you will usually get some tickets with the farm plates more than 150 miles from home. Regardless of any permits.

Re: gordyville trip permits December 26, 2011 10:51AM
I do not think you are allowed to haul a pulling tractor on farm plates in Il, at least not on IL plates.

Re: gordyville trip permits December 26, 2011 11:33AM
Well i was just wondering if there is any ways to be kind of legal about hauling tractor with a semi down there. Some say that if u get a permit u are ok, but dont know myself and if getting permits works where do you get them
Thanks

Re: gordyville trip permits December 26, 2011 11:39AM
even with your farm base plate if you get a trip and fuel permit you should be ok.

Re: gordyville trip permits December 26, 2011 12:13PM
www.carolspermit.com

(262) 662-2068

I have gotten our oversize permit there over the phone in the past was really easy.

Andy Keyes

Re: gordyville trip permits December 26, 2011 12:34PM
google usdot390.3 interpretation read question 21 to see how to use a commercial vehicle for personal use

Re: gordyville trip permits December 26, 2011 12:46PM
With farm plates don't bother with any permits. Won't do you no good no how. Find somebody with a black trans am to run interference.

Re: gordyville trip permits December 26, 2011 12:57PM
ARE THERE ANY SPECIAL PERMITS, ETC. I NEED FOR BRINGING A LEGAL SIZE AND WEIGHT TRUCK/LOAD INTO ILLINOIS?
In Illinois all issues pertaining to 72 hour Trip Permits, licenses, special haul stickers, etc. are handled by the Illinois Secretary of States office which can be reached at (217) 782-4815 or by internet at: [www.cyberdriveillinois.com]

Looked this up on IDOT, hope it helps, good luck at Gordy, going to be unable to make it

Re: gordyville trip permits December 26, 2011 01:27PM
The farm plate is intended for you to be able to move your crops from field to market. NOT haul your toys around. As usual, somebody wants to beat the system. If you wanna play, then pay up. What's next? Do you need some food stamps or a LINK card so you can buy a new turbo?? I hear medicare has a great new billet wheel if you can a prescription written for it. I just get sick of people abusing the system that was designed to help them. If you have a farm plate, stay home or hire a licensed carrier to haul it for you. DUH!!!!!

Re: gordyville trip permits December 29, 2011 03:40PM
TO LET YOU TRACTOR PULLERS KNOW IN ORDER TO CROSS STATE LINES LEGALLY YOU HAVE TO HAVE APPORTION PLATES WITH THE STATE YOU ARE ENTERING ON YOUR REGISTRATION CARD. WITH OUT THESE ITEMS ALONG WITH HEALTH CARD PLUS PROOF OF INSURANCE WITH AN INTERSTATE ENDORSMENT PLUS USDOT # ALONG WITH ICC # ALONG WITH NUMEROUS OTHER DOCUMENTS. YOU FARMERS HAVE BEEN GETTING AWAY WITH STUFF WITH YOUR SEMIS WAY TO LONG. I HAVE TO FOLLOW THE LAWS WHY NOT YOU. IF WE GET CAUGHT WE ARE HIT WITH A BIG FINE AND PUT OUT OF SERVICE. IF YOU WANT YOUR BIG FANCY RIGS TO JUST PUT A FEW MILES ON EVERY SUMMER, AND LOOK COOL IS DOESN'T MATTER YOU SHOULD HAVE TO PAY THE FED.GOVERMENT JUST LIKE WE DO. I TRUCK FOR A LIVING, BY THE WAY

Re: gordyville trip permits December 29, 2011 04:43PM
you can have a state tag, buy a trip and fuel permit, and enter in to another state, yes you need a DOT # and a cdl license and a med card. Having prorated tacs makes it easier, but not necessary, and take you caps lock off. Its on the left side of the keyboard!

Re: gordyville trip permits December 26, 2011 01:51PM
Single trip permit will get you down there and back with no problems wouldn't matter if you had a plate on the truck or not since you are permitting the truck for that run. The only problem with a single trip permit is they are usually only good for 3 days.

Re: gordyville trip permits December 26, 2011 01:57PM
is that something i can get on the computer and print off or do you have a number i could call? for that 3 day permit

Re: gordyville trip permits December 26, 2011 03:36PM
WRONG! You must be plated and insured. All your trip permit does is pay the Illinois Motor Fuel tax for the miles you drive in this state. And if you can't prove your delivering a commodity such as grain or livestock you won't get a trip permit.
And 1: I farm. 2: I have a tractor. 3: I have to follow the rules and so should you. 4: My brother is an Illinois DOT officer and one more smart $ss comment from you idiots and I'll make sure he's sitting outside the front gate at Gordyville. Illinois could use a little bit of you out of state cheaters money!!!!

Re: gordyville trip permits December 26, 2011 04:18PM
Well he kind of got riled up there but he is right. Your Farm or county plates are only for raw Ag commoditys not for hauling tractor around. You need Apportioned plates for that. It all depends on if you get stopped by officer in bad mood what will happen. Depends on whether you feel lucky or not. Regardless a trip permit is as simple as a phone call to state or states your going through.

Re: gordyville trip permits December 26, 2011 10:57PM
Have semi fully licensed and insured will haul tractors to Gordyville for fuel,room,& tickets.

Re: gordyville trip permits December 27, 2011 02:00AM
Easy, I don't think you want to do that. We don't need anymore attention around the facility, than we already have. Might have a hard time getting the lid back on that jar!!!!!!

Re: gordyville trip permits December 27, 2011 02:46AM
REALLY???? A "professional" promoter comes on this board and makes a comment like that? Why shouldn't a puller have to abide by the same laws that the monster truck guys, or the nhra have to follow? I guess the whole farm tag thing is just like deciding if you are going to have a farm tractor or a pulling tractor, it has came to that point, if you want a dedicated pulling tractor, have a dedicated pulling hauler, get another farm tractor, get another farm truck!!!! And while your at it, don't forget to seperate them all on you tax returns coming up!

Re: gordyville trip permits December 27, 2011 03:07AM
grow up , where is it anyone elses business what someone hauls with. Jeez, you would think they were asking who they could shoot and get away with it. The fellow ask about a permit and now someone want to unleash his supertrooper family. Wow who knew how petty people can get.

Re: gordyville trip permits December 27, 2011 03:08AM
Not too worried about the D.O.T. officers. Most guys take care of their business. But like I said, I don't think you, the "FANS" or competitors want to draw any excellerated attention. Might end up getting caught in your own bear trap. And by the way NASCAR and NHRA are occupations for those guys. Tractor pulling is a hobby. Unless you want to start paying $50-$60 per session, to watch pulling. It will always be a hobby.

Re: gordyville trip permits December 27, 2011 03:15AM
Call Transposrt Permits I just talked to them they have permits just for this kind of deal as long as you have your truck licensed in some way or form they collect the money and pay the state that you are using. Make sure you have your plate number, insurance and credit card ready when you call with a your planned route. Hope this helps guys have fun and good luck! 800-373-9033

Re: gordyville trip permits December 27, 2011 03:23AM
Man!!!! It sounds like Santy Claus didn't bring some of these guys what they wanted. GeezZZZ!!! See everyone next week. Looking forward to great weather, and another big show.

Re: gordyville trip permits December 27, 2011 04:06AM
Hahaha,

I have to bring this up with all the stuff going on.

With DOT being set up, Should I switch out the OFF Road fuel before I cross the state line..........lol.........

Sorry, I had to bring it up.

Thanks
Justin, See you all there can't wait.

Re: gordyville trip permits December 28, 2011 01:07AM
Pullinfan4255
REALLY???? A "professional" promoter comes on this board and makes a comment like that? Why shouldn't a puller have to abide by the same laws that the monster truck guys, or the nhra have to follow? I guess the whole farm tag thing is just like deciding if you are going to have a farm tractor or a pulling tractor, it has came to that point, if you want a dedicated pulling tractor, have a dedicated pulling hauler, get another farm tractor, get another farm truck!!!! And while your at it, don't forget to seperate them all on you tax returns coming up!
I cant believe conduct from people like you,,Mr. Tucker puts all this time into this puller for regional level competitors to compete indoors. I think its great.. Before people post garbage like this guy,just think about how inconsiderate youre acting..

Re: gordyville trip permits December 27, 2011 05:22AM
Been There
WRONG! You must be plated and insured. All your trip permit does is pay the Illinois Motor Fuel tax for the miles you drive in this state. And if you can't prove your delivering a commodity such as grain or livestock you won't get a trip permit.
And 1: I farm. 2: I have a tractor. 3: I have to follow the rules and so should you. 4: My brother is an Illinois DOT officer and one more smart $ss comment from you idiots and I'll make sure he's sitting outside the front gate at Gordyville. Illinois could use a little bit of you out of state cheaters money!!!!

That way you will be easy to find ;-)

Re: gordyville trip permits December 27, 2011 06:06AM
been there you are right we could really use some out of state money because as I know, there are NO cheaters in this state!!!!!!

Re: gordyville trip permits December 27, 2011 09:43AM
Heck, the fines are tax deductable for farmers anyway.
Jump in it and drive!
Some foolish farmers from the land of Cheese went GN pulling on farm plates a summer or two.
One trip in the winter,,, what could happen?
Nobody has found me yet.

Re: gordyville trip permits December 27, 2011 10:01AM
wright on. Get in the truck and go. It is easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission. Thats my thoughts

Re: gordyville trip permits December 27, 2011 10:55AM
You are right! If you ask for permission all you are doing is asking for trouble. The smartest thing to do is do like me, which isn't very hard for me, just act like the dumbest sob in a truck. They feel sorry for you and your parents and usually let you go when you start asking them questions that they can't answer. LOL!

Re: gordyville trip permits December 27, 2011 05:09PM
Do i need any permits with a 1 ton and goose neck w farm plates

Re: gordyville trip permits December 28, 2011 03:09AM
IN MO. OVER 26000 PLATES YOU NEED A CDL DOT# IF YOURE GOING OUT OF STATE.. CANNOT GO OUT OF STATE WITH FARM TAGS. BEST BET IS TO PLAY STUPID AND WORK UP A FEW TEARS FOR THE BOY IN BLUE..

Re: gordyville trip permits December 28, 2011 07:01AM
Take the wife, dress her skimpily, (swim suit top, really short cut off blue jeans, cowboy boots), make sure she has to come inside the scale house with you, done.
Happy motoring!
That is what I call a win-win !!!!!!!Beer

Re: gordyville trip permits December 28, 2011 10:15AM
The DOT guru might think you have picked up a HOOKER and have transported her across state line. How much worse could it get????????

Re: gordyville trip permits December 28, 2011 02:10PM
DOT cops don't like girls.

Re: gordyville trip permits December 29, 2011 01:39AM
The girl ones like girls.
Just sayin'

Re: gordyville trip permits December 28, 2011 02:50PM
If your caught in Illinois with a farm plate with a pulling tractor on the trailer your in big $hit. The Illinois dot can put you out of service until you buy the legal Illinois plate for that vehicle. A base plate for a semi will cost you about $2800. Don't know about a 1 ton. Probably $250 for the truck and the same for the trailer. Trust me. I know as I have had it happen. The farm plate is intended for one purpose only and you guys know what it is. It's not a "discount" way to get to a pull. Roll the dice if you want. Go ahead and smile, act dumb, put your 200 lb wife in a bikini. You'll learn real quick that the Illinois boys in tan, not blue, have no sense of humor. I don't want to see any pullers get in trouble but you should know in advance what could happen. As far as the idiot who posted about Gordyvilles impact on Illinois tourism, DUH!!!! Gordyville doesn't equal one third of the tail gate partys at a Bears game. Great pulling venue but has no impact on 99.7% of Illinois residents.

Re: gordyville trip permits December 28, 2011 03:09PM
u know what Been there, im half tempted not to come. i have my truck licsensed correctly, but u are making the dot's sound like a bunch of a-holes. i dont want to get pulled over when im legal, or i will say something they wont like. so u tell your brother that you are going to have sit in front of gville (tattle tail) to look closely at the trucks. i have a feeling some boys that have farm plates put a whooping on you, so u gonna make a big deal of it so they get in trouble. its one weekend a year, let it go

Re: gordyville trip permits December 28, 2011 04:14PM
And been there, IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII have NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sense of HUMOR for the ILLINOIS BOYS IN TAN after a pair of those dumb SOB"S just abpout hit ME at an intersection when THEY ran a RED LIGHT after IIIIIIIIIIIIII was coming HOME in October from getting MY truck and trailer safety inspected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: gordyville trip permits December 28, 2011 10:55PM
been there (cbjj1956@yahoo.com) needs some serious help, done some investigating on him and every post i have found he is bashing or complaining about something, must have had a bad childhood or nothing goes his way, my experience in life told me that, we all put ourselves where we are at, when we realize that, then things start to get better, because we take responsibility for things that happen to us in life, instead of blaming everyone else for where they are at in life. Hope this blessing comes to him. Hope he does not ruin the pull for the fans and the pullers, no money made by pullers, doing it for the fun of the sport.

Re: gordyville trip permits December 29, 2011 09:26AM
Well Boys here is what ILL. told me and this come directly from a ILL. Dot Offical and the ILL Sec. of States office. They don't care what plate you are running in the state you come from. In Ill. you need a trip permit and that requires a USDOT no. You have a USDOT # and he told me all you had to do was call the Ill Sec of State and get the permit. They don't care if it's a farm tag or a commercial tag. That is what I was told by the Ill Dot and that is what the Ill. Sec. of state told me. Problem with that issue is some states don't require USDOT #'s on farm vehicle like in Mo. Farm tags are exempt in Mo. from federal road use tax and some Dot requiments, but once you get a USDOT # your exemptions go away and that's where the problems starts. We firgued out how we're going to get there. See you in Gordyville.

Re: gordyville trip permits December 29, 2011 10:31AM
permit price $62.50 good for 96 hours. 6084552300 call this number have ur license plate number and dot number ready takes about 5 minutes

Re: gordyville trip permits December 29, 2011 10:34AM
Limited farm plates are just fine as long as you have that fuel permit

Re: gordyville trip permits December 29, 2011 01:53PM
You couldn't be more wrong! You may not move anything with a farm plate in Illinois unless it's a commodity that you own and intend to deliver. Just because you didn't ask the right questions doesn't give you the right to get on here and give people the wrong info. I wish no one any ill will. I just think you should know what the law is. And since I have to abide by the law, so should you. But I guess once a cheater always a cheater. So knock yourself out and roll the dice just like you do at every pull. Some days you get caught, some days you don't.
And to Sherlock Holmes. cbjj1956@yahoo.com is only one of several emails I have because if you want to be honest on here you have to shield yourself from the keyboard know it alls. But I'm really impressed with your digital skills!! Did you get that Superman cape that you always wanted for xmas??

Re: gordyville trip permits December 29, 2011 12:58PM
what about rv tags on the semi

Re: gordyville trip permits December 29, 2011 01:40PM
I have pulled over 30 years with ITPA.I use a pickup and trailer,use farm plates(I know this is not legal) but have never had any type of problem.But I would advise against RED FUEL AS THISWOULD BE A VERY INVITING PLACE FOR A SPOT CHECK.

Re: gordyville trip permits December 29, 2011 02:10PM
Perhaps Mr. Been There is just trying to scare off the competition. Sure seems to have issues with pullers from out of state. Sure seems to have a lot of issues.

Re: gordyville trip permits December 29, 2011 02:34PM
I will not be at Gordyville. And the issue I have is ANYBODY who thinks their above the law or the rules. Slam and belittle me all you want. Your only showing your ignorance. Here's some info for you direct from the Illinois Sec. of State office web site. Maybe if Sherlock would have looked here instead of wasting his 10 seconds to find my email he would be slightly smarter.

Are there any restrictions on a Farm plate?
Farm Plates may be issued to any vehicle that is used exclusively for the owner's agricultural, horticultural or livestock operations and not-for-hire. Farm Plates may also be issued to for-hire vehicles only in the transportation of seasonal, fresh, perishable fruit or vegetables from the farm to the point of first processing. An applicant is limited to five sets of plates for power units, of which only two sets of plates may exceed 59,500 pounds plus two Farm Trailer Plates.

And EXCUUUUSSE me if I don't think Gordyville is a point of first processing. I wish the best of luck to Klint and all of the pullers who get there legally. This is a great event and great for pullers. Has zero tourism impact on the miserable state of Chicago. OOPS. Meant Illinois.

Re: gordyville trip permits December 29, 2011 04:04PM
it really gets me how many experts on the laws for trucks their are here on pull off BEEN THERE and a few others have got it right . i have and own a trucking business.so i do believe i should know what it right. you guys who want to come in to the state illinois with your semis with your farm plates just come on in , but when the dot officer pulls you over don't get mad its your own fault you are getting a ticket. apportion plates are needed to cross states lines along with other numerous papers farm plates can be used if it is a commidity going to a processing plant or market but even then i believe there is a mileage limit on that even. these are not state laws these are federal laws to control trucking companies . and to track the trucks as they cross the country. you farmers been getting away with a lot so far but the feds are on to you guys and they will get you. a neighbor got audited this pass summer and it cost him 12000 dollars in fines plus he had to pay back fuel taxes as well. pretty expensive thing to have just to use 6 weeks out of the year and show off to your neighbors.

Re: gordyville trip permits December 30, 2011 07:42AM
pro trucker has obviously had too much windshield time He has no idea what he is rambling about You do not have to have apportioned plates to cross state lines just like sdangus stated Get your a** back on the highway pro truker and leave the computer alone!

Re: gordyville trip permits December 29, 2011 04:53PM
If you had paid attention, you would have remembered the man asking was from WI, so you are rattling about someone based in IL, not someone entering into the state. There is a post that stated what is needed to enter the state. Geez, where's Abigail Beecher reading teacher when you need her!!!!

Re: gordyville trip permits December 30, 2011 12:28AM
exemptions for the plates are given under the usdot code 390.3 question 21. you do need a fuel permit, cdl, and a medcal card

Re: gordyville trip permits December 30, 2011 12:46AM
1 more bit of advice..... don't be talking on your cell phone while driving because thats a big fine now in Semi. Most Farmers don't know about the new Federal law, been kept kind of quiet. No cell phone, GPS, or any kind of hand held device can be used while operating vehicle! There is no talking out of this one and they are enforcing this! BIG time fine!

Re: gordyville trip permits December 30, 2011 01:37AM
As the officer rolls up behind you tapping on his computer (like he has been for the last 5 or 10 miles) and gives you a ticket for distracted driving, and as you leave, he pulls away, tapping your ticket information into his computer while driving down the road and gets a text and cell phone call, and he handles both of them while driving,,,,,,,,,and still tapping on his computer.
Just sayin'

Re: gordyville trip permits December 30, 2011 03:01AM
Yep, 100% true everytime, whats good for the goose is not good for the gander!

Re: gordyville trip permits sven? December 30, 2011 07:52AM
Sven,How are you and Ole getting to gordyville for the traktur poll?

Re: gordyville trip permits sven? December 30, 2011 01:16PM
Well, we wuz a gonna go with Ebineezer Yoder in his buggy, but he heard aboot our little "accident" and doesn't want me an Ole anywhere close to his horse and buggy.
We called up the local bus company, and tried to rent a bus. Relaxation Express or somethin' like dat,nice busses, but they heard aboot me an Ole's axle cuttin adventures and Ron and Troy said we ain't a haulin none of yew crazy Norwegian trater poolers too gordyville.
We plan on a hidin in the local boy's trailer when he heads to gordyville. We are a gonna wait till he leaves the powder coating factory and stow away in his hauler trailer. Figgered, if nothing else, we could be wheel chocks.
Gonna bring lotsa beer and go chase the dancin' girls!
An like I told Ole, we aint a payin for the sex,,,,, we are payin for them to LEAVE!
Gotta go, pimp my buggy is on the AMISH channel!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009