dyno pullin,is it possible??? December 30, 2011 12:43PM
as you can tell from my avatar my son ands i campaign a garden tractor,a prostock.off the top of my head i cannot think of any reputable engine builder that does not dyno tune each and every motor that goes out thier door.i know and understand that this is alot simpler and easier for our scale of pulling.i am also a very big gearhead like most of you are,and most of us are into the engine world,and anything related to it.my idea comes from the magazine,popular hot rodding,they sponsor the engine masters challenge,and have for many years,and continue to plan for the future for this event which is held at northwestern university in ohio.if you are not familiar with this,the current issue of,popular hot rodding,is on the newstand with coverage of this years event.while i know this sounds impossible for the large tractor pulling world,i believe it is possible.with the recent controversy over builders on this board,this could be a golden oportunity for a builder to prove thier packages and thier professionalism to thier customers,and future buyers.this could be done with multiple smaller hp classes to start.my thought for instance would be,say put on by castners or sheid,(i picked them only based on they have been mentioned on board recently for having facilities to do so),lets use a 466 class which probably has the largest customer base,and a 3000 rpm limit.and of course other common pewrformance limits.a date would be set for the competion of say one year away.of course an entry fee or for would be required to keep the riff-raff out,and keep it to builders only.the formula used by phr seems fine too me.a winner would be crowned,but most importantlythe customer,you the pullers can see exactly what each entrant has proposed as thier package for this class,and the builder has a sewt of numbers and a package to sell to the public.this could be done yearly,and followed and updated on here.this looks like a win win for supplier and customer alike...so what do you guys think??sound reasonable,or just plain crazy.....

Re: dyno pullin,is it possible??? January 02, 2012 09:02AM
im surprised this wasnt a good idea

Re: dyno pullin,is it possible??? January 03, 2012 12:11AM
Sounds crazy to me. Not everyone wants the same motor. We generally play a little on the side of caution. Would rather have a motor that can last a couple seasons and keep us very competitive rather than peak horsepower with no regard to durability. And what would keep a builder from pushing the limit just to win the competition? Not only that, different fuel pumps, turbos, valvetrains, intercoolers, water injections, etc can make a huge difference and most pullers like to pick and choose these things themselves rather than have a builder give them a complete turnkey setup.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009