Old pulling videos January 01, 2012 03:01AM
I finally have the means to digitize old video to the computer, so I put together this video. I plan to put as many online as I can, so if you have any requests, speak up. They are from the western PA, OH area and the majority of them are from the late 80s, early 90s.

Canfield 1991 GN Super Stock

Re: Old pulling videos January 01, 2012 03:47AM
Thanks for the post!!! That was my first GN pull I was allowed to go to since I was 12 at the time. Good to see those videos since we didn't have the video cameras like we have today.

Keep em coming!

Re: Old pulling videos January 01, 2012 08:38AM
The Conner Bros were really ahead of the game back in the the early ninties. Watched em put 40 foot on all others at the Show-Me show down in Macon years ago.

Re: Old pulling videos January 17, 2012 11:08AM
It was fun watching Bad Medicine back in the day at Macon... 98mph wheel speed and moving the sled above 30mph down the track.... he looked like he was gonna take the sled home to Green Castle one night, almost drug it out to highway 63

Re: Old pulling videos January 01, 2012 04:00AM
hope you have more in future, enjoyed that very much

Re: Old pulling videos January 01, 2012 04:34AM
awsome! keep'em comming!

Re: Old pulling videos January 01, 2012 05:14AM
That's a cool video.

Re: Old pulling videos January 01, 2012 06:04AM
Here's another one... I goofed on the Canfield one and didn't put the video box in the forum. Found it this time.

Re: Old pulling videos January 01, 2012 06:19AM
you wouldn't by chance or anyone else for that matter have the one from i think '76 when donaldson won the super stock class in the pulloff

Re: Old pulling videos January 01, 2012 07:05AM
Nope, sorry. The earliest ones I have are from '86 or so. You'd be hard pressed to find anything from the pre-VHS era.

Re: Old pulling videos January 01, 2012 07:08AM
Awesome videos Oliver1655. My request would be keep um coming.

Re: Old pulling videos January 01, 2012 08:03AM
awesome keep them coming late 80's early 90's pro stocks from ohio or anywhere would be great

Re: Old pulling videos January 01, 2012 08:55AM
how about some of the 55-75 mod stock,it would be neat to see them again..

Re: Old pulling videos January 01, 2012 09:14AM
is this a drop pan sled??seems like the speed is slower than today..

Re: Old pulling videos January 03, 2012 11:48AM
It doesn't have a pushdown like the newer sleds, just the pan drops and weight in the box stops the sled. That is Dave Hager's old sled, the Mean Green sled that Mike Hilleary has now if I'm not mistaken.

Re: Old pulling videos January 04, 2012 08:29AM
The link isn't live yet, but I won't be near the computer when it does, so as a preemptive strike, here ya go patches:

Re: Old pulling videos January 04, 2012 11:12AM
hey thanks,that sounds like the few years that the 3000 rpm limit was tried.if im remembering right that lasted about 2 years then got the boot.there was a open rpm limit then the 3000 then back to open.i still think if the head rule would have been scratched out that the class would still be pulling in some fashion...hate to bug ya but got any from the open rpm years.btw when did you guys quit campaigning pappys pleasure,and does jim main still have the minus 2...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2012 11:16AM by patches.

Re: Old pulling videos January 04, 2012 01:28PM
I don't have any of the open RPM stuff, unless you count the one pull at Raccoon Twp. when some spun them hard and others didn't. McConnell was on fire that night; he won all three classes (45, 55, 75) and had full pulls in two of them.

Jim still has the Minus 2, it's sitting in the barn down at his place. It doesn't have the lightened front end on it now, but I saw that thing sitting in the shed last August when I was down there. I think he put a stock M engine back in it just to put around the farm. Plus, he had trouble keeping water out of the oil anyway. I'm not sure if he still has that engine; it was too big of a bore. I heard he had to leave some of the head bolts out because there wasn't anything left for the bolts to thread into.

I know Dad & my uncle never pulled Pappy's Pleasure during the open RPM years. I'm not sure when they started pulling it on the circuit, but I know they ran it with "work clothes" for a while before giving it some make-up. I have some tape of it in '86 at W. Alexander, which I think is when it was just getting together because it didn't have the big tires and didn't run very good. They ran in '87 & '88, I think maybe even '89, that might be when it had the big chrome pipe on it. I would need to check with one of them to be sure. I think they quit running it since the class kind of dissolved. They didn't want to run the unlimited RPM because things break a lot easier at those engine speeds. It was out for a local fair pull around '93 or so, but that was the last it ever pulled. Too many other things going on I guess. I never got to pull it. We still have it, but it's just a carcass now. It burned up in a shed fire 11 years ago this March. We took it apart and found that the block was cracked between each cylinder from the heat. The jury is still out on the head since we haven't had it checked out by a pro as of yet. Maybe someday we can piece together another one using some of those parts.

It would be nice to have that class started again since most of the "farm stock" tractors are pretty much the same as the mod stocks back then. As a side note, Jody's 460 is still pulling in the area as an "open farm stock" tractor at local fairs.

Re: Old pulling videos January 04, 2012 05:04PM
i can remember being at jacktown one of the years of the 3000 rpm limit,it was when dambachs were pretty hot with thier 190.during that summer i think a few of the guys were thinkin a 560 was turnin a little to much,and someone showed up with a tattle tale tach and some c-clamps.it was clamped on the 560 and it run like crap,some words were said to the effect of,this ... thing is messin up my electrical system.the tach was removed and the tractor was way over 3000 and ran just fine.so who knows what happened.did you ever see kevin rainey,from enon valley pull his 88,it was pretty stout too,then jeff kennedy built a 1850 gas that he pulled for a few years too.i think lloyd has been the guy to beat for about the last 15 years tho..

Re: Old pulling videos January 04, 2012 05:39PM
A few of those tapes had Rainey on them, not sure what was in it, but it sure sounded different. I've heard those stories about that 560. Something to the effect was asked, "How many did you turn tonight?" The answer was always "3." I also heard another one about suspecting a rather humorous helper on that 560. The cat was finally out of the bag when he got up to pull one time as the test puller. They purposely changed the setting on the sled about two or three times, making that 560 come back over and over. By the third or fourth hook, it would hardly run. So the conclusion there was that something was empty after that many runs back-to-back.

Re: Old pulling videos January 05, 2012 02:41AM
Thanks for the video, that was interesting. Patches I have vids from the 90's on tapes, I'd have to figure out how to get them on here. If that was from 87' that was the first year my dad had his tractor running, we have a trophy from Milebranch where we won but had a cracked block and that was the only pull we went to that year.

Re: Old pulling videos January 05, 2012 03:56AM
im pretty sure todd wright bought raineys motor,i always heard it was a dry block.it was pulled for quite a few years by him and another younger fellow..

Re: Old pulling videos January 05, 2012 11:37AM
More non-turbo mod-stock:

The 7500 class from that night is on its way.

Re: Old pulling videos January 05, 2012 01:25PM
Here it is:

AV, I don't have the '91 pull from Columbus, and Fuelish Fan, another watcher, the amount of mod stuff I have is limited. Pale Rider, I'd love to see some of those 90's vids, I'm sure I haven't seen any of those. If there are any of Pappy's Pleasure in there, that'd be great. Look on Best Buy's website for the Hauppaugel USB-Live 2 adapter. It took me a little while to get it to work, but now that I have it set up, it works great. $50 will get it to your door.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2012 08:24AM by Oliver1655.

Re: Old pulling videos January 01, 2012 08:56AM
Any videos with ALLIS CHALMERS tractors !! Thanks , thats neat !!

Re: Old pulling videos January 01, 2012 09:28AM
Great videos keep them coming.

Re: Old pulling videos January 01, 2012 11:30AM
Here's some more....

Re: Old pulling videos January 02, 2012 07:29AM
thanks for posting.

Re: Old pulling videos January 02, 2012 07:42AM
Found some Bowling Green tapes...

Re: Old pulling videos January 02, 2012 09:19AM
Did you just video the tractor classes or do you have some of the noise makers taped as well? I love all of the classes and was just curious. Thanks for posting these old videos. I like looking at the history of pulling.

Re: Old pulling videos January 06, 2012 01:45PM
It's not much, but here are some mods from BG:

Re: Old pulling videos January 06, 2012 02:58PM
Thanks that was great. I have really enjoyed a lot of your videos. Keep'em coming if ya got them.

Re: Old pulling videos January 02, 2012 09:29AM
theres a guy named e.kauff has a lot old vids on you-tube.latwe 80s early 90s good to watch..

Re: Old pulling videos January 05, 2012 06:56AM
Patches I can't find the old videos you mentioned thanks

Re: Old pulling videos January 05, 2012 07:24AM
[www.youtube.com]

there is a bunch of old video from the 80's and early 90's at this link,its his youtube channel.i just glanced at the list,which is 71,and roughly counted 30 videos from that era...i watch them quite often...

Re: Old pulling videos January 02, 2012 09:50AM
Oliver1655 has convinced me to go into my archives and start a You Tube account.

1985 USHRA St Louis

Re: Old pulling videos January 03, 2012 06:58AM
More Canfield... I'd say 95% of the videos are ag-type tractors pulling, but I'll check to make sure about any mods.

Re: Old pulling videos January 05, 2012 02:55AM
There are very few memories that I have that are better than watching those grease burners get their A$$ handed to them by the spark plug tractors in the 90's. It was Awesome!!!

Re: Old pulling videos January 05, 2012 09:07AM
Here's some 1989 OSTPA Super Stock action, this one is the July pull in Marion.

Re: Old pulling videos January 05, 2012 09:18AM
Would you happen to have the 1991 Columbus pull?

Re: Old pulling videos January 05, 2012 12:06PM
how about Mods???

Re: Old pulling videos January 05, 2012 12:09PM
oh btw, I just found some new TNT/USHRA vids on Youtube...

Re: Old pulling videos January 06, 2012 04:07AM
Why not just just read answer given 4 posts earlier in this thread from 3 days ago...

Re: Old pulling videos January 06, 2012 07:59AM
I found some more Pro Stock footage:

Re: Old pulling videos January 06, 2012 12:24PM
Super Stock from that same session:

Re: Old pulling videos January 06, 2012 12:33PM
If I remember correctly, it started raining during that class. Dad was at the sled and it started raining and he put his helmet on the stack. They waited a bit and then resumed at that point in the class. I even have had the chance to drive 2 of those tractors in that video. Thanks for the share.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2012 12:39PM by AV.

Re: Old pulling videos January 06, 2012 01:52PM
Yeah, I remember a lot of the tractors didn't perform up to snuff that day, as we were all tired by the end of that session, so we went back to the hotel and didn't even come back for the Sat. night session (I was 7 at the time and I'm the oldest of three boys, so obviously couldn't take the non-stop pulling as easily as I do now).

As for driving on of the tractors, you mean one of the tow vehicles, right? I don't think anyone but the blue shirts drive the track equipment stuff. I would really like to have one of those green White American 80 cab tractors, they didn't make many of them. Most of them were silver. If you meant driving one of those Americans, I envy you.

Re: Old pulling videos January 06, 2012 02:06PM
I have driven Groundhog and Running Red (if i was seeing those correctly) much later in their track lives. That oil pan on Running Red looks like the one I just put out of its misery in 2010 and just scrapped a couple months ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2012 02:08PM by AV.

Re: Old pulling videos January 06, 2012 02:45PM
Interesting that all of the grader tractors were White American 60's & 80's.

S'no Farmer

Re: Old pulling videos January 06, 2012 04:35PM
I think that might have something to do with them being built in Ohio, Coldwater to be exact. Those were, at the time and maybe the last ever, tractors under 100 horsepower being built in America.

Re: Old pulling videos January 07, 2012 08:46AM
Sunday's session 4 super stock from '91:

Re: Old pulling videos January 08, 2012 03:48AM
love the fist pump out of coleman wheatly!! is that tractor hortons in new york now

Re: Old pulling videos January 08, 2012 05:16AM
OSTPA Super Stocks, held the next night after the Sunday session at Bowling Green

Re: Old pulling videos January 08, 2012 07:06AM
1991 Greenville OSTPA supers. It feels like I cut the run time in half by editing out commentary. These next few, for whatever reason, have commentary by Harold Walliser dubbed over the track side audio. I prefer to hear just the pull and use graphics, so I added the graphics in to cut down on the blab time. It's not the best, but it's more bearable for me to watch this stripped down version than the original tape.

Re: Old pulling videos January 08, 2012 09:53AM
thanks for posting all these old videos..esp the old wpa mod stock ones...

Re: Old pulling videos January 08, 2012 10:29AM
It's starting to feel like I've only hit the tip of the iceberg.

Re: Old pulling videos January 08, 2012 05:29AM
Just a tidbit of info on the 91 session 2 prostocks at Bowling Green.2 hours before this class started,Carl Atley's Lethal Weapon tractor was sitting on Linder's flat bed semi trailer in 2 pieces.I was there to watch and Carl ask me to help put a clutch in it.He had problems in session 1 with the clutch not wanting to release when cold and he had to kill the engine after his run to get it out of gear.We split the tractor that saturday morning,then Carl went through the pits looking for parts to fix it.He came back with the parts as they were calling the drivers to the drivers meeting.Toby and I worked our butts off getting it ready.Carl came back from the meeting and we were putting the last of the sheet metal on.Carl backed it off the trailer and got in line for the pull.We had people standing 4 and 5 deep around the trailer that morning watching us and a few people taking video.

Re: Old pulling videos January 06, 2012 10:10AM
didn't read all the posts... just just did Richard!

Re: Old pulling videos January 07, 2012 01:16AM
OLIVER1655 thanks for all the old videos! I wonder if anyone has any from the Northeast. Like the Buck,the old Pa. farm show pulls, Ny state or anyothers. A friend of mine pulled the original Super Moose Jd back when they had the pulls at the Pa. farm show.

Re: Old pulling videos January 07, 2012 06:23AM
some where on you tube i have seen a video of the super moose back in the day but cant begin to tell you what or where to look under. good running tractor though in its day

Re: Old pulling videos January 21, 2012 09:54AM
Thanks For Posting! Keep them coming. Brings back good memories. This must have been close to the beginning of the Diesel only class with 4 of the top 5 being alcohols.

Re: Old pulling videos January 08, 2012 01:57AM
that was cool-- i sat next to Gary Hendrickson the other night at gordyville--he said that he had 9 2nds @ loiusville but never won..

Re: Old pulling videos January 08, 2012 09:32AM
1991 OSTPA Wellington super stock:

Re: Old pulling videos January 08, 2012 10:58AM
1991 Marietta OSTPA 7500 supers:

Re: Old pulling videos January 08, 2012 03:02PM
'91 Wooster OSTPA supers:

Re: Old pulling videos January 09, 2012 02:35AM
Pro stocks from '91 Bowling Green session 4:

1991 OSTPA Ashland, Ohio supers:

1991 OSTPA Dover, Ohio supers:

Notice after the very first run, a very young Jeff Hirt (I think) carrying a helmet off the track.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2012 02:39AM by Oliver1655.

Re: Old pulling videos January 09, 2012 08:37AM
I changed it up and went with some non-turbo mod stock. I have no idea where this is, other than up north since that is where the old Blue Mack roamed. Help me out, patches, so I can change the info on the video later.

Re: Old pulling videos January 09, 2012 08:50AM
Hi Great videos. Do you have any with Oh Bonnie pulling, I now own the old girl and would love to see her in action

Re: Old pulling videos January 10, 2012 01:37PM
the first one sure looks like saxonburgh,when we ust to pull just outside of town..the second is at the big butler fair,i remember that pull like it was yesdterday,i broke a rear hub there.the tri county pullers ran minirods between us and a small wall,they ran on the racetrack.and if i recall jj havel got his semi stuck in the infield...oh those were the days

Re: Old pulling videos January 11, 2012 03:03AM
Patches, they changed track locations at Saxonburg at some point ? I pulled there in 81 & 82 & remember sitting on a hill.
Remember Shulers breaking the spindle on the tricyclye of the 4320, driving it home & returning with a wide front in time
for 15,000. Never pulled there again till 97 & thought things looked a little different, but wasn't sure. I don't remember the building though. They were still running minis on the horse track at Big Butler Fair in 97. We were all getting pelted with little bits of gravel
raining out of the sky! Some interesting memories of Saxonburg. On 1st trip there I called for directions & was routed down through Butler & onto a Dinner Bell Rd. I explained we were hauling a cab tractor on a straight truck & clearance was a concern. Told not
to worry. On Dinner Bell Rd. we encountered a railroad underpass that I'd have been hard pressed to get the tractor through if it were off the truck. Got directions from a lady mowing her lawn down some winding dirt road, but it got us there. The following year they wouldn't allow my buddy to hook 15,000 until he removed the 3/4" ratchet I kept under the seat to set the drawbar. I don't know how they even saw it, but I didn't think it was likely to fly out of the cab as he blew down the track in 2nd gear. Went back in 97 since the cab tractor & straight were gone. We were eating in a tent at the carnival after the pull when my wife aked "were'd everybody go?"
The place was dead silent at 5PM. Turns out the carnival took a 2 hour intermission in the middle of the day. Do they still pull there?
Wouldn't mind going back if we ever get the tractor running again. Those were indeed the days, when we had more ambition than brains.

Re: Old pulling videos January 11, 2012 06:11AM
did you ever see schulers haul there 4010 in the bed of that dump truck,i think the axles would notr go into the dump bed so tractor sat on the tailgate,or partially on it,then the 4320 wasa on a trailer...i heard saxonburgh moved thier track.im pretty sure al juethers grandson can answer that for sure,i imagine he has some video too...the big butler fair could be a serious dust bowl with the minis on the racetrack..do you know if bill larime sr is still pullin,he has to be in his 90's buy now,he was a nice guy to chat with...

Re: Old pulling videos January 11, 2012 10:11AM
Bill Larimer Sr. passed away about 2 years ago. His son Bill Jr is still pulling his tractor Country Music with the Northwest Pa Pullers

Re: Old pulling videos January 15, 2012 11:11AM
Patches and Oliver 1655 thanks for the trip down memory lane. I am sitting in my pap's living room showing him videos of his old 560.

The track at saxonburg was always at the same place as far as pap and I know.

Some of the best memories I shared with my pap during this time.

In no particular order:
Conner brothers @ Canfield. We just looked at each other in amazement and then talked about it on the way home.

Shulers daughter breaking the spindle on the Moose.

Vern Over and Stan Auen pull off at West Alexander. Thank goodness Vern broke. Otherwise someone would have gotten seriously hurt.

Thanks again,

Brad Gray

Re: Old pulling videos January 17, 2012 10:47AM
Brad,

I still have the majority of that 1988 tape to go through, so I plan on posting them too. Trouble is, the internet isn't fast enough to keep up with me. I try to edit together videos while one is uploading, but before I know it, I have about 5 or 6 videos ready to upload before the first one is done. So it might be awhile before those are posted.

Re: Old pulling videos January 12, 2012 10:00AM
This is at Saxonburg Pa, they use to have a fair pull on Saturday mornings but haven't had one in many many years!

Re: Old pulling videos January 10, 2012 06:19AM
Some more mod stock, I don't know where this one is either.

Re: Old pulling videos January 11, 2012 06:49AM
WPTPA Mod Stock, 1987 Greene County Fair, Waynesburg, PA. A lot has changed at that place since then. There's still a lot of stuff to get through, so there will be more smoke and more mod stock.

1990 Tomah Super Stock January 11, 2012 12:04PM
From the Golden Age of pulling: 1990 Tomah Super Stocks. 31 tractors, 11 in the pull off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2012 12:05PM by Oliver1655.

OLD PULLING VIDEOS January 12, 2012 01:12AM
thank you!

Another unknown mod stock pull January 12, 2012 04:18AM
More Mod Stock from an unknown location, 1988

Re: Another unknown mod stock pull January 12, 2012 07:14AM
i dont recognize the location.you have the 5500 lb class here,based on al couldnt make 45 or dambach either...

Re: Another unknown mod stock pull January 12, 2012 07:32AM
I thought it was 4500 since Jeuther usually pulled 5500 with the wheel brackets on. Come to think of it, 5500 is even a little tough for a 560. I'm not sure on the 190, never been around them much so I don't know what it would take to get one that light. I'll change it. My sources here weren't sure either, one guess was Old Washington, but don't quote me on that.

Re: Another unknown mod stock pull January 12, 2012 10:29AM
the 190 might make 4500 with 18.4 on ,but they used 24.5 radials,on a side note ray made 5500 with his d21 and 24.5 tires...

Re: Another unknown mod stock pull January 12, 2012 05:25PM
From what I heard though, Ray's D21 looked like it had bologna skins for tires since he ground so much off.

Re: Another unknown mod stock pull January 13, 2012 03:21AM
Have any 91 or 92 tohma pro stock

Re: Another unknown mod stock pull January 13, 2012 04:09AM
Sorry, I don't. There is more on the only Tomah tape I have, but it's all from 1990.

Re: Another unknown mod stock pull January 13, 2012 06:18AM
lets see that one

Re: Another unknown mod stock pull January 13, 2012 06:21AM
amen!! if anybody had video of the late 90's tomah pros that would keep me in the house for days

Re: Another unknown mod stock pull January 13, 2012 07:23AM
I don't have any Tomah pro stock. Most of the pro stock I have left is more late 90s and newer.

Re: Another unknown mod stock pull January 13, 2012 07:36AM
Late 90s stuff is just as good as early 90s stuff. Thanks for everything you have posted already.

Re: Another unknown mod stock pull January 13, 2012 07:49AM
The way I see it, posting these videos online is the best way to preserve them. Tapes wear out, DVDs get scratched and both can be lost. Plus, a lot more people can enjoy them. Turns out these pulls are more rare than I thought.

Re: Another unknown mod stock pull January 13, 2012 09:58AM
Yeah it's not easy to find pulling from the past anymore. Some people like Klint Tucker and Fonda Barr have some and there is some stuff that was televised but there wasn't a lot. It's nice to come across stuff from yesteryear.

Re: Another unknown mod stock pull January 13, 2012 01:19PM
IF IM NOT MISTAKEN I BELEIVE RAY HAD TO RUN 18-4'S IN THE 55 HE COULD MAKE 6000 BUT NOT 55 WITH THE 24.5 USE TO RUN WITH HIM

Re: Another unknown mod stock pull January 17, 2012 01:25PM
Patches, I think Dambach's 190 always pulled at 5500 & 7500. I bought that tractor & it weighed that when it came. That tractor was rebuilt for open RPM and is still pulling. It's for sale if any one is interested. 724 586 9602

1990 Tomah 9500 Super Stock January 13, 2012 01:36PM
1990 Tomah 9500 Super Stock:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2012 01:37PM by Oliver1655.

Re: 1990 Tomah 9500 Super Stock January 13, 2012 01:52PM
The Rascal wins! Thanks for the trips down memory lane!

Re: 1990 Tomah 9500 Super Stock January 13, 2012 02:08PM
That tractor always ran strong in the pulls that I watched on tape as a kid. I had to check the tape again at the end to make sure of the driver. Was Randy Hinton a neighbor or relative? Is the tractor still around or was it parted out? Didn't Coleman Wheatley buy it and run it as the Delaware Rascal and then the Indiana Rascal? That's where the trail goes cold for me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2012 02:11PM by Oliver1655.

Re: 1990 Tomah 9500 Super Stock January 13, 2012 02:28PM
Randy Hinton and Darryl Vaske (dad) bought that tractor from Bret Berg. They are friends and business partners and Dad is service manager for Randy at the Bancroft Implement CIH store. The tractor ended up as Stanley Lloyd's Ohio Rascal and I still think he has it in the shed and was intending to do something with it for his grandson. (that info is yrs old so not sure now) That tractor won the GN Championship in 1990 in the 9500 SS, I think the last yr they split the points for 95 and 75. I think that tractor has seen the winners circle 5 times at NFMS between all of it's owners. Eads had a really good run with it for some yrs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2012 02:35PM by AV.

Re: 1990 Tomah 9500 Super Stock January 13, 2012 03:06PM
As popular as geneology sites are these days, it would be interesting to have a family tree of pulling tractors. It's tough to keep track of them when they change names when sold, either out of creative tastes or the previous owner keeping the name as part of the purchase agreement.

Re: 1990 Tomah 9500 Super Stock January 14, 2012 01:43AM
there is video of it exploding on you tube under ohio rascal. i dont know how to put up the link though

Re: 1990 Tomah 9500 Super Stock January 14, 2012 02:43AM
I got it Sully. You just click on the little movie film button above the box that you type into, then copy the internet address of the video and paste it into the box that pops up from clicking the video film button.

All too familiar of a site, looks like one of those bad Hyper blocks again, cracked right along the camshaft.

Re: 1990 Tomah 9500 Super Stock January 14, 2012 09:50AM
Avery Nauman and his dad Tracey run the super farm tractor Li'l Rascal.Avery is Stanley's grandson,Tracey is Stanley's son-inlaw.They started pulling while Stanley was still running the Ohio Rascal.Tracey told me that Stanley had NO input of any kind in the super farm tractor.I tend to believe that as I've known Tracey since we were in high school 30 years ago.As far as the Ohio Rascal tractor,I have no idea what has happened to it.

Re: 1990 Tomah 9500 Super Stock January 15, 2012 09:18AM
i thought i heard it went over sea

1998 NTPA GN Pro Stock January 13, 2012 03:08PM
1998 NTPA GN Pro Stock, Waynesburg, PA. Someone made a request for the Super Moose, so here it is along with all the heavy hitters from that class: Shope, Wilkins, Cain, McCoy, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2012 03:09PM by Oliver1655.

1994 Super Stock at The Buck January 14, 2012 05:39AM
The end of an era: Conner Brothers' "Bad Medicine" is sold...

dreaded red January 14, 2012 01:25PM
anything with dreaded red pro stock

Re: 1994 Super Stock at The Buck January 19, 2012 02:56PM
does anybody have any videos or pictures of prostock or superstock from pa/md/va in the 80's/90's?

1994 Wooster Super Stocks January 15, 2012 05:58AM
1994 Wayne Co. Fair (possibly OSTPA sanctioned) Super Stock pull:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2012 05:59AM by Oliver1655.

Guernsey Co. Fair Pull January 15, 2012 08:22AM
2 classes at Guernsey Co. (OH) Fair at Old Washington. 8200 Super Stock and 10,000 Open.

Re: Guernsey Co. Fair Pull January 15, 2012 02:23PM
did i catch that jodys tr was drove by one of your relatives here

Re: Guernsey Co. Fair Pull January 15, 2012 04:21PM
Yeah, Patches. That was my dad driving it in the 10,000 class, you talked to him up at Hookstown in August while I was down waiting in line to pull. Jim Main drove it in the daylight class. As you could tell, working the throttle is a different animal on those multi-turbo supers compared to a non-turbo mod stock. It popped out of gear on Jim, so he didn't do so well. Dad beat everyone in that open class, except for a turbine tractor (that somehow wasn't recorded). That pull was late in the year, maybe the last one of '94. Jody was going to switch to a 4-charger setup that winter. Jim and Dad had been running around with Jody that summer helping out and all, so they each got some seat time. I can still remember when Dad got home telling us kids that he beat Shotgun Red and we didn't believe him one bit until he got out the video proof.

As for that V8 Case IH, I have no idea who had that tractor or what was even in it. I would say DV550 on alky, but I don't know if those ever had a strong enough bottom end. But this one sounded like it was supercharged, not turbocharged. That was the first and last time I ever saw that thing run.

Re: Guernsey Co. Fair Pull January 16, 2012 07:31AM
Robin Elliot from Mt.Gilead,Ohio built a supercharged 1468 on alcohol.He had problems getting the thing to run right.He sold it after about a year of frustrations with it.The tactor in the video could be the same with different sheet metal.The engine in the tractor looked impressive when you looked through the grille in the front.If I remember,Robin told me he was using a 14-71 supercharger,Enderle bird catcher injector hat,dual ignition systems.

Re: Guernsey Co. Fair Pull January 15, 2012 02:27PM
Does anyone know who's international that is pullin with the two stacks"one on each side", looks like a fifty series maybe ? Is it still around somewhere pullin or settin somewhere ? It's the alcohol one.

Re: Guernsey Co. Fair Pull January 16, 2012 01:01AM
That V-8 international was Delynn Kale and another guy whos name escapes me. Dont know where it would be now.

Re: Guernsey Co. Fair Pull February 05, 2012 09:51AM
The v-8 was Delynn Kale and his widow Eilene still owns it. He sold the blower off of it and then bought the Ride the Lightning tracktor. It is for sale if you know anyone intrested.

1986 Indy Super Pull Highlights January 15, 2012 12:17PM
I had to split these up in order for them to upload. When played continuously, it's an hour long.

'86 Super Pull Highlights Part 2 January 15, 2012 04:12PM
Indy Part 2:

Re: '86 Super Pull Highlights Part 2 January 16, 2012 12:19AM
was the v8 case urmson ? i thought i remembered he played with red v8's

Re: '86 Super Pull Highlights Part 2 January 16, 2012 02:31AM
i seen delynn drive it at a few brush pulls,so i assume it was his.i was thinkin that he purchased it from urmson.when i seen it it had zoomie headers tho,and it was supercharged..anyone know whatever happened to the "i-soar" 460 of urmsons??

Re: '86 Super Pull Highlights Part 2 January 16, 2012 04:03AM
Not completely sure, but I heard its in Lustik's shop and at some point will be running in FPP's smoker series.

Re: '86 Super Pull Highlights Part 2 January 16, 2012 06:41AM
seen it sitting in lustiks machinery shed i think it is for sell

Re: '86 Super Pull Highlights Part 2 January 16, 2012 06:50AM
I believe it is there for some upgrades not to be sold. Tom just hasn't had the time for it recently.

Re: '86 Super Pull Highlights Part 2 January 16, 2012 10:39AM
i was told it could be bought...

Re: '86 Super Pull Highlights Part 2 January 16, 2012 11:29AM
Not arguing. Maybe it could be bought. Everything has a price and Tom doesn't seem to have time for much right now. But I don't think that was the idea when it went tere.

1986 Indy Super Pull Highlights Part 3/6 January 16, 2012 07:17AM
'86 Indy Highlights part 3 of 6:

1986 Indy Super Pull Highlights Part 4/6 January 16, 2012 11:38AM
Indy Part 4:

1986 Indy Super Pull Highlights Part 6/6 January 17, 2012 05:05AM
And finally, Part 6. These ones took forever to upload...

More Tomah January 17, 2012 08:38AM
5500 Super Stock from Tomah:

Re: More Tomah January 17, 2012 12:12PM
Thanks for posting, brings back memories.... before roll cages .... and hard starting sleds

Re: More Tomah January 17, 2012 02:10PM
Just wondering if you have the Pro Stocks from Tomah in 98? I saw a earlier video from out east in 98 and got to thinking. Thanks for all the great videos.

Re: More Tomah January 17, 2012 03:09PM
Nope, wish I did. But my Tomah stuff is limited to just that 1990 pull. I have a lot of stuff lined up to put online yet. It's ready, but getting it onto youtube is the holdup since the internet isn't lightning fast. I have one more Tomah SS, 3 classes of supers (55-95) from 1990 Macon and a bunch of 1989 OSTPA supers ready for uploading. And there are more tapes I've yet to digitize.

Re: More Tomah January 17, 2012 03:06PM
aaahhh my favorite class,why,variety.no other class since this era has had this variety..so why was this class abandon shortly after on the national scale,was it low numbers,politics,or since the 466 based tractors all lightened up to run the seven,it made the 55 pullers into a one hook event..

Indy super vids? January 18, 2012 07:17AM
Love the old pullin vids do you have any indy super pull vids from the early 90's???

Re: Indy super vids? January 18, 2012 11:14AM
All the Indy material I have has already been posted.

Re: More Tomah January 19, 2012 01:37PM
thanks! sweet seeing dads hook from a different view. I got some vids from the late 80's early 90's I would like to put up if I could figure it all out.

1990 Tomah 9500 SS; Macon 55-95 SS January 18, 2012 01:57AM
I put a dent in it this time. I let the computer run all night, so here are four more:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2012 03:34AM by Oliver1655.

Re: 1990 Tomah 9500 SS; Macon 55-95 SS January 31, 2012 02:15PM
thanks for the vids "oliver1655" I finally got a chance to show the old man them, he told me and I kinda remember it but it rained the friday night in Macon and they didnt get to hook and he couldnt remember if it was Larry Lundry or him leading IA points in the 55, but Larry took off for the Farnhamville hook on Sat, and dad said "well,we gotta follow!" thanks again for the vids!

More 1989 OSTPA Supers January 18, 2012 01:29PM
The Bucyrus pull has something I've never seen before or since: a second round to the pull off.

Re: More 1989 OSTPA Supers January 18, 2012 01:51PM
The only time I remember seeing it myself was 91 Hamburg in one of the SS classes. I think 8 in first then 4 to the second pull off.

Re: More 1989 OSTPA Supers January 22, 2012 04:49PM
I've been around this sport since the early 70's,the multiple pulloffs used to be fairly common.Since the start of floating finish lines though you don't see them.Interesting point about the Bucyrus pull,Shotgun Red was a pro stock tractor.Who says you have to run multi turbos to make power.

Re: More 1989 OSTPA Supers January 22, 2012 05:25PM
600 cubes and running 30.5s go a long way...

Re: More 1989 OSTPA Supers January 22, 2012 05:43PM
Yes it does,but looked like 24.5's in the video.

Re: More 1989 OSTPA Supers January 23, 2012 01:46AM
Sometimes he switched to the big tires to run super stock, sometimes he didn't. Either that, or Gall's Scoundrel was running even smaller tires than 24.5, because they look tiny compared to the tires on Shotgun Red.

Re: More 1989 OSTPA Supers January 18, 2012 03:35PM
I can't remember what year it was but I saw it on one of Klint's year end videos in a 75 super class for ITPA. It was either 92 or 97.

Last of the 1989 OSTPA supers January 19, 2012 07:30AM
Here's the last of the 1989 OSTPA Super Stocks. There are more on the tape I have, but ekauff already uploaded them (Wooster, Tiffin, Columbus 1&2, Wellington and Lima).

Re: Last of the 1989 OSTPA supers January 19, 2012 09:34AM
anyone else notice at ashland the measuring crew with the sticks and strings along trtackside...

Mod Stock: 1987 Jacktown Fair 5500 January 19, 2012 12:14PM
Back to mod stock:

Re: Mod Stock: 1987 Jacktown Fair 5500 January 19, 2012 05:59PM
i wqonder whatever happewned to the sled used here at jacktown.in the mid nineties i bought a sled from a racetrack in wva,to practice with,i still have it and it really resembles this sled quite a bit...

Re: Mod Stock: 1987 Jacktown Fair 5500 January 20, 2012 01:41AM
The sled in this video was the Westmoreland tractor pullers association's sled. Richard Love (of decision maker sled fame) has "Old Yeller" now and still uses it for farm stock type pulls. It is motorized now, so no pull back tractor. As for the one used at Jacktown in the mid 90s, I think I have a vague idea of it: navy blue color, single axle pull-back type. I remember one year (93-94-95) the track was so tacky they had to use a dozer to pull the sled back.

Re: Mod Stock: 1987 Jacktown Fair 5500 January 20, 2012 11:37AM
90-95 Darrel form Woodsfield OH. 96 Dana W. try to save money got a Sled from a FFA club Columbus OH. When Reed Whipkey hook the axel broke. They Welded axel when I hook axel broke sled operator fell off. Seld up set & broke my hitch off. They told me the junk the sled.

Re: Mod Stock: 1987 Jacktown Fair 5500 January 20, 2012 12:55PM
whatever became of the awesome m

Re: Mod Stock: 1987 Jacktown Fair 5500 January 21, 2012 12:33AM
The M is in the shop with my Pro Stock. A friend has pulled it a little. I Just like to look at it has a lot memories.

Re: Last of the 1989 OSTPA supers January 19, 2012 01:29PM
Heck I went to a state hook here in Illinois about 3 years ago that was still using the stick and string plus a white board to relay the distance to the announcer. It blew my mind that somebody was still using that method.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2012 01:30PM by Fuelish Fan.

Re: Last of the 1989 OSTPA supers January 19, 2012 01:56PM
Just curious if anyone has louisville pull with the fourwheel drives pulling there. Not sure what year it was.

1992 Canfield mods January 20, 2012 10:13AM

Re: 1992 Canfield mods January 20, 2012 12:53PM
this is the hook were art tried the "turf"tires on the green monster

Re: 1992 Canfield mods January 22, 2012 06:06PM
I watched Dusty run the "turf" tires at Dover about the same year.Man did the hookup,she won the class.The front end lifted at the start and never touched the ground until she stopped past 300 ft.,the only full pull.

1994 Canfield Fair Pulls January 21, 2012 04:24AM
Mod Stock & Full Pull Productions "Smoker Series"

2000 Canfield Fair January 22, 2012 02:27PM
ATPA videos from Canfield:

Re: 2000 Canfield Fair January 22, 2012 02:54PM
I didn't know Ray link puller limited pro, Looked like some good pulling the crowd was really wound up. Papa smurf looks strong as always.

Re: 2000 Canfield Fair January 23, 2012 01:38AM
Not to take anything away from Jason Forrester, but thats probably the only time that he beat Link. Gone Mokin' was pretty much unbeatable when it was a limited pro. And the class was pretty skewed then. Other than link, most of the guys from western pa were running 540 cubes, p-pumps, 3x4 turbo because that's what the class rules were supposed to be. Feicht was worried about numbers so he let the interstate guys run and they dominated. Then the guys starting switching to that setup and pretty soon the original class rules were competely thrown out. You can tell by looking at the smoke which tractors are which.

Re: 2000 Canfield Fair January 23, 2012 03:37PM
Maybe, maybe not but it looked to me that they both had great runs but big blue smoked the Deere.

Re: 2000 Canfield Fair January 24, 2012 04:57AM
Maybe, maybe not what? Pulled the class back when it was started. It was a big surprise that Jason beat him at Canfield because he hadn't beat him all year. And funny the tractor blew away Forrester's other tractors which it had been running head to head with all year and then the last pull it ran like that. I was there. All season long.

Re: 2000 Canfield Fair January 24, 2012 10:28AM
Maybe jason saw the 2 wts on the pan and adjusted for that ?

Re: 2000 Canfield Fair January 24, 2012 11:38PM
Yea he adjusted alright . Have seen it many times before it makes you wonder sometimes.

Re: 2000 Canfield Fair January 25, 2012 02:18AM
I edited it out for time's sake, but both of Forrester's tractors hooked first. The 9600 pulled first and they reset the sled. Papa Smurf pulled next as the test puller, but hit the chalk line so he dropped. So he had the benefit of knowing how the tractor reacted on that track before he had a hook that counted. But if you notice all the mud piled up along the sides of the track, it rained really hard about an hour before the pull and they had 9 pieces of equipment clearing the mud off the top.

Re: 2000 Canfield Fair January 25, 2012 04:43AM
I was at the event, watching these videos brings back some good memories. It was the first time I meet the Forresters, I stood near the starting line and talked with Curt for quite a while. If I remember right, a lot of rain came down in sheets around 5:00 pm or so, but it didn’t last long.

If you watch the Pulloff, Link has to hammer on the left brake to keep the tractor between the chalk lines. I sure looks to me like Link had more power, but Jason just outdrove him that night. There was nothing funny about it, but it takes more than horsepower to win.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: 2000 Canfield Fair January 25, 2012 03:23PM
We did what your suppose to do when you get beat, we stepped up our game all season reeling Link in. Mr. "back than" don't worry your not taking anything from Jason he took home the trophy at canfield and the points title for 2000 and your just a poor sport like you have always been. Come on you think Jason had an advantage because he got to pull twice down the track? I am pretty sure Link did also he made a full pull and came back in the pull off and could have made adjustments just the same as Jason. Wouldn't it be a disadvantage to run your hot tractor three times like Jason did? Just seems like a lot of excuses to try to explain something that is self explanitory on that day on that track Jason won fair and square and by a comfortable four feet margin thats all nothing more nothing less.

Re: 2000 Canfield Fair January 26, 2012 12:27AM
2 ton on pan . Move some weights on tractor.

Back to 1988 Mod Stock January 23, 2012 12:51PM
I'm not sure where this first one is from, somewhere in Ohio is all I can guess.

Not sure on this one either, Saxonburg again?

Re: Back to 1988 Mod Stock January 23, 2012 03:29PM
the first one is hoppels arena in west point ohio,south of lisbon about 10 min..last vid looks like saxonburgh again..

Re: Back to 1988 Mod Stock January 23, 2012 03:56PM
I agree the last one is Saxonburg.

Re: Back to 1988 Mod Stock January 23, 2012 04:59PM
I thought it might be because of the bank and the church or whatever in the background. Had me fooled from the reverse angle from the first time around. I had never been to or even heard of Hoppel's Arena. But I guess it was a lot easier to travel back when gas was around $1 per gallon, so that's why a lot of them got around back in those days of pulling.

Re: Back to 1988 Mod Stock January 23, 2012 06:13PM
Would like to see any videos from 1993 through to 1997 of the nfms light and heavy superstocks, looking for any videos of the old black widow tractor. Thanks

Re: Back to 1988 Mod Stock January 24, 2012 02:09AM
That one from Hoppels is great, might be the only video of my Grandpa pulling that exists. Thanks for these, they are great!

1988 mod stock continued January 24, 2012 10:30AM

Re: 1988 mod stock continued January 24, 2012 11:20AM
arw these mod stock vids yours or are they on the net somewere

Re: 1988 mod stock continued January 24, 2012 12:48PM
I have the tape sitting right here on the computer desk. Bruce made copies of the tapes back in the day and this one survived until technology could preserve it. They might be on the net elsewhere but I wouldn't know where to look.

1988 Jacktown Mod Stock and others January 25, 2012 12:07PM
Marching on in the 1988 Mod Stock season. There are a few mod stock pulls left, but this is getting to the last of them. I'll need to run the computer all night to catch up with what I have edited and ready to go.

This is the pull that McConnell snapped a governor rod and couldn't shut the tractor down after his 5500 run. He came back for 7500, but I'm not sure how he fixed it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2012 03:14PM by Oliver1655.

Last of the 1988 Mod Stock plus 2001 Smoker Series January 26, 2012 02:14AM

I think this is Crawford county, based on my source, but I could be wrong.

Fayette Co. Fair Smoker Series Full Pull Productions

1998 Butler Farm Show January 26, 2012 01:13PM
I also have the double tree class from that night, if anyone would like to see that. The mod turbo class has some ultra rare runs by Carlton Cope, on the Massey, pre-Warpath.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2012 01:15PM by Oliver1655.

Re: 1998 Butler Farm Show January 29, 2012 05:17AM
what trs are double tree,the antiques and the stock gt still do that up this way..

Re: 1990 Tomah Mods and Unlimited January 27, 2012 02:32AM
wow right out of the box,4 allisons,7 cherys,6 knox,4 turbines,3 turbo allisons,and a unl with wheel weights.what variety.the last few times i seen gardners tr hook ,it just didnt seem to hook up at all,just visually remembering it from this era to the present,it didnt seem to change much appearance wise anyway.i overheard him at bg the last time he was there,talking to another person about this,i concluded that his opinion was that the sleds have changed,and his tractor doesnt hookup like it once did.im assuming he is referring to the drop pan sleds.im curious at what point did the drop pan sled become the norm at this level,and how the chassis have changed to fit this...

1989 Columbus NTPA GN Supers & Pros January 29, 2012 11:41AM
I don't have any more videos beyond local farm stock/open hot stock, etc. But I was able to get more material. Some of these videos lack quality, but what do you expect from after 20+ years? Unless otherwise noted, all videos are from Jody Ross' collection, so he's to thank for giving me the opportunity to share them. The good thing is I'll be able to save them to DVD so they can be enjoyed for more years without further degradation.

91 Smoker Series at the Buck/Fayette, Hookstown Pros, '89 Mod Stock January 30, 2012 01:58PM
Watch for Wheatley's Never Say Never to grenade at the Buck:

1989 mod stock, West Alex (Pa.) open classes February 01, 2012 10:28AM
Here's some more mod stock, one from Greene Co. Fair and one from Guernsey Co. Ohio. The West Alexander pull has the open classes, so there are mod stocks plus smoke later on, including a Deutz! Pale Rider, there's a run by the Cockshutt in the Guernsey video.

Just to get everyone in the "indoor mood" February 03, 2012 05:16PM
With Louisville right around the corner, I thought everyone could enjoy this look back at some previous NFMS pulls. Also is a gem from a semi truck exhibition from Tomah in the 80s sometime.

Anyone have any videos of minis from 1976-1980 February 03, 2012 11:52PM
Wondering if anyone has any video from of minis from 1976-1980 in either ostpa or ntpa. Or 1980 nfms. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

4800 views! Thanks! Plus more Louisville February 04, 2012 01:14PM
More from 1993:

Another Mod Stock, plus 1994 Louisville February 06, 2012 11:21AM
Watch the Super Stock video to see Gettinger split Up 'N' Atom.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009