BBJD Rearend Question January 02, 2012 01:12AM
Putting together Pro Farm 640ci 3000 rpm together, I have a 5020 chassis besides stripping 3pt and hydraulics I have been told i need to needle the rear end what exactly does this entail? which bearings need to be changed and when i do this would it be the best time to put in a better set of gear selections like a profab? I would like to get this part of the project started any help would be great thanks for helping a beginner.

Re: BBJD Rearend Question January 02, 2012 01:30AM
to needle the diff you can go to your john deere dealer and it was a update from deere they will order you all the parts with directions to do it. If you decide to go with a 3 or 4 speed or something similer contact the builder for that tranny and they might have a needled diff in it already.

Re: BBJD Rearend Question January 02, 2012 02:16AM
Thanks for the info, im just getting started and need to know how to spend my money in the right places since im on a budget.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009