mets machine shop January 04, 2012 02:44PM
Anyone had any crankshaft work done by them, looking at having them stroke me one for a IH?

Re: mets machine shop January 04, 2012 05:07PM
Yes I have. They are cheap and fast. Enough said

Re: mets machine shop January 04, 2012 11:12PM
If u don't mind me asking what was the problem?

Re: mets machine shop January 05, 2012 02:25PM
I had them stroke a crank. The journals were .030" different from the big to the small. (They were supposed to be standard none of them correct) There was no pattern, they were all over the place. The rod journals on my crank are 1.800" wide. When they offset ground the journal, they only ground the width of the stone, approximately 1" some were centered some were to the right, some were to the left, again no pattern. It cost me $1300 to get this fixed. No I didn't take it back to them.I figured if they screwed it up that bad, how much worse would they make it if they had another chance? I found a guy who isn't as fast or as cheap, but damn is he good.

Re: mets machine shop January 05, 2012 11:38PM
thanks for the info!

Re: mets machine shop January 06, 2012 12:13AM
try harts machine shop in cecil ohio they are realy good, don't no there phone no. but google does

Re: Try TPP January 06, 2012 09:41AM
Try Adam at TPP.

here is another option January 08, 2012 12:57AM
ck out C&P MACHINE in ft. wayne indiana. high quality work at fair price. look them up on google

Re: here is another option January 08, 2012 05:48AM
Here was my experience with them.I took a crank,block,propane head,and misc.parts in for a M Farmall I was building for a customer.It was supposed to be done,crank stroked to 7",block bored to 4 1/2",oversized valves put in the head with a 5 angle grind on them,and misc. parts hot tanked,in about 3 weeks.Called them at 4 weeks,parts not done.They said it would be a couple days.I called them back a week later,still not done.I finally got the parts back 3 months later.During this time I talked to a friend who had a crank for his super farm done,block cleaned and machined and head redone there.Come to find out he took his in after mine and got it back a week later.I try to support local business's but after that I quit doing business with them.Now I go to REI or Fowler in Columbus.

Re: here is another option January 08, 2012 05:52AM
Almost forgot,when I went to pick up my parts they gave me a stock M head,not a propane head.They had given it to another person by "mistake"

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009