jd 7.6 engine problems January 11, 2012 12:28AM
Have a Jd 7.6 engine in 9600 combine w/electronic P-pump and getting fuel in the oil. Changed primer pump and gasket and was ok for a about 20hrs then we got a leak on a injector on top of the pump. Changed the Teflon seal and o-rings and still leaking. Getting fuel in oil again. Getting about a 1/4 pint of oil/fuel out of breather at mid idle in 10min. What all could be causing the fuel in the oil? Engine has 3700 hrs and has been well cared for. I really hate this electronic pump. We where getting complete shut downs and code 41 came up before all the stuff started happening. I know it's not pull related but I know that some of the best mechanics are on this site. Can anyone help a fellow puller. My dealer/mechanic is stumped. Only 2 of these combines in our county. I can't trade for a red one cause I'll loose my operators!! Thanks

Re: jd 7.6 engine problems January 11, 2012 12:57AM
have you put a inline pressure gauge on the incoming fuel line-return line to tank plugged or kinked? I am assuming pump is pressure lubricated from engine-oil not getting away from pump quick enough? I do not own one of these or even have seen one so I am just throwing out a few suggestions? good luck!

Re: jd 7.6 engine problems January 11, 2012 02:12AM
Code 41 is start signal missing. Letting key fly back too fast and going back to run seen it many times no problem though. Problem with fuel in oil could be internal leak in pump just like a p pump, would do, or does the engine have miss might be an injector gone bad and fuel going past piston. Seen all these situations on those combines.

Re: jd 7.6 engine problems January 11, 2012 04:02AM
I would agree with turbo. Pull the injectors first and have tested. Easy to do first!

Re: jd 7.6 engine problems January 11, 2012 10:56AM
That leak you mention on top of pump is not an injector. That is your barrell/delivery valve assembly sounds like you removed the two nuts and pulled the barrell out. The oring on top of this which has a plastic spacer ring keeps fuel from leaking externally. There are also two orings on the bottom which keep fuel out of the crankcase those very well could be your fuel in the oil problem. Also those are slotted so the fuel delivery can be balanced for each cylinder hope you got it back exactly where it was. Injectors on that engine are outside the valve cover so they are not going to be the culprit of fuel in the oil unless your missing a large portion of piston or something. hope this helps.

Re: jd 7.6 engine problems January 11, 2012 11:53PM
Thanks for the input. Will re look at the delivery valve 1st. The mechanic didn't realize the importance of the valve position until he had taken it out and talked to his pump man. Should we remove the pump and take to a pump shop or is there another way to make sure valve is in there right? I am also concerned if this has hurt the engine. Again thanks!

Re: jd 7.6 engine problems January 12, 2012 12:09AM
better take it off and get it checked, they will probably find your fuel problem as well

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,793, Posts: 229,992, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,066.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009