Best Clutch? Atlas or Rursch? January 11, 2012 01:59AM
I am looking at buying a triple disc atlas or rursch clutch with the spring assist/centrifugal pressure plate. Anybody having problems with the atlas not holding or just go with the Rursch and be done with it? Will be running 3000 RPM intercooler tractor with hopes of 1400 hp and 3000 ft/lbs or torque. They are almost identical in looks but I was wanting some first hand information from guys running that style of clutch. Spend the extra for the Rursch or go with the Atlas and be just as happy as i would be with the Rursch?

Re: Best Clutch? Atlas or Rursch? January 11, 2012 03:22AM
My vote is Rursch. I have never had any problems with mine, it has held up very well. I think Rursch's service is a notch better too. Just my 2 cents though.

Re: Best Clutch? Atlas or Rursch? January 11, 2012 04:39AM
Atlas. Karl treats you right and prices are reasonable. Wouldn't go anywhere else. Bill Rice

Re: Best Clutch? Atlas or Rursch? January 11, 2012 05:08AM
Call kenny at Kennys Pulling Parts & Machine good work and a strait shooter look in links page

Re: Best Clutch? Atlas or Rursch? January 11, 2012 07:58AM
Love my Atlas. i would go with atlas clutch & put the money you save into HP!

Re: Best Clutch? Atlas or Rursch? January 11, 2012 09:24AM
Do it right the first time and go with Rurch! We are pretty much the same set up you are talking about and we have had no problem with our Rurch slipper clutch.

Never had an atlas clutch so can't say how good it is.

Re: Best Clutch? Atlas or Rursch? January 11, 2012 09:31AM
What kind of setups are you running as far as Atlas? All spring clutches or are you that have posted above having good luck with the spring assist/centrifugal pressure plate? I have an all spring clutch but looking for something that will hold more hp.

Re: Best Clutch? Atlas or Rursch? January 11, 2012 12:54PM
Have a 3 disc spring clutch from atlas. I have a ppl superfarm and I have had great luck with it.

Re: Best Clutch? Atlas or Rursch? January 11, 2012 02:21PM
Sounds good. Just trying to get some information of guys that are running them and If anybody had to switch from an Atlas to a Rursch because of not holding. I'd hate to have to buy a Rursch clutch after trying to save some money by buying the Atlas first.

Re:Spinning Best Clutch is AtlasSpinning January 11, 2012 03:29PM
I like my atlas!! Carl is great to work with!!!!!!!!!!! I have a spring 3 disk...... Jeff Kapinos

Re: Best Clutch? Atlas or Rursch? January 12, 2012 08:16AM
have a clutch from both off them.there both good clutches . ones a slipper and a four disk there both great people and there work is the best in the business you wont be dissappointed with either one fact.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,669, Posts: 229,756, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,075, Posts: 225,932.

Our newest member JD_8520