Gordyville, IL Light Super Stock January 09, 2009 11:04AM
What does everybody think about running the light super stocks in such a small building.

Re: Gordyville, IL Light Super Stock January 09, 2009 11:25AM
]Man, is this really something to complain about? I was at several indoor arena and saw multi engine mods run on a 140' track with no run off area. Gordyville has plenty of room and a great BIG sandpile; I don't see the problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2009 11:25AM by ol George.

Re: Gordyville, IL Light Super Stock January 09, 2009 01:16PM
Not complaining just wondering everybody's opinion and the ceiling is to low will see

Re: Gordyville, IL Light Super Stock January 09, 2009 03:04PM
Well,
I am a little concerned about the alky fumes.
I started mine up in the shop this past Wed. and MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Talk about eyes and nose hairs burning!!!!!!!!!!! But that was in a 27x54 shop.
I can't remember what the size of building Gordy is, but it is ALOT bigger than my shop, and the way Klint has the classes staged, it should be okay.

Re: Gordyville, IL Light Super Stock January 09, 2009 01:40PM
I cant wait, thats why I bought my tickets. great tractors to watch indoors in the off season. not worried about the room aslong as the sled is set right and not stoppin them at 200'

Re: Gordyville, IL Light Super Stock January 09, 2009 02:06PM
Should be a good time as long as it is warm enough for the tractors to start and perform.

Re: Gordyville, IL Light Super Stock January 09, 2009 03:11PM
go ahead and put the smoke tubes on the alchys that smoke machine can suck alcohol exhaust out as well

Re: Gordyville, IL Light Super Stock January 10, 2009 01:40AM
If any alcohol is left in that tube and then one detonates, that tube might become the biggest tubine you've ever seen!!!!
I forgot to add, in my above post, we are supposed to get an additive at the pull to help cut down on the smell of the fumes.

Re: Gordyville, IL Light Super Stock January 10, 2009 04:14AM
additive? what is it or is it the stuff VP sells that smells like fruit? the girlfriend thinks that is the most awsome smelling stuff there is!? i myself love the smell of alcohol inside. o wait im talking about the kind you drink sorry!

Re: Gordyville, IL Light Super Stock January 10, 2009 05:13AM
I think it is a top lube.(and don't anyone turn that around either) I am not sure if it is coming from VP or who. Where are you guys staying on friday night? And I think that there will be plenty of the drinking kind of alcohol inside at the pull!!!!!!!!Smiling

Re: Gordyville, IL Light Super Stock January 10, 2009 09:04AM
I will never use VP scented top lube EVER AGAIN!!! I can not get that smell out of my Shop! Their fuel is awsome, I have been using M1 but has anyone ever used their M5? It doesn't require any top lube, so I hear. More power out of it supposedly.

Re: Gordyville, IL Light Super Stock January 10, 2009 02:50PM
I have never used the M5. I was going to try it at Gordy untill I found my block cracked after this year. I figured I better leave things alone as far as fuel is concerned so I don't have to work on it for the summer pulls while I am getting everything else ready for spring planting.

Re: Gordyville, IL Light Super Stock January 10, 2009 10:48PM
It is just scent, no lube to it. We are going to have to concentrate on keeping the air in the building as clean as possible. It's going to be cold, so opening the doors is a last resort. But I hear it's going to be a DRY COLD!

Re: Gordyville, IL Light Super Stock January 11, 2009 03:17AM
Ah, ok thanks for the info. I'll be talking to you this week.

Re: Gordyville, IL Light Super Stock January 11, 2009 10:05AM
Gonna be a very "wet" cold if you ask me!!!!!! plenty of port-a-bombs I hope, gonna be too cold to have willie out for very long!!!

Re: Gordyville, IL Light Super Stock January 10, 2009 10:54AM
super 8 in leroy. unless we decide to drive back friday night. were did you get the info about the additive? i usualy mix my own top lube in and wont if they are going to supply it. but anyways how dumb are we to try and go pulling in temps that are close to zero!!!!!!! o well gotta love it!

Re: Gordyville, IL Light Super Stock January 10, 2009 03:08PM
Klint told me that himself about the additive. The way he talked, it was not going to be that much that we have to put in. Bring your top lube with you and if you have to, mix it there. He did tell me, they would supply it, but I do not know how much we will all get.
Yes the forecast is cold, but remember, this is Illinois, the forcast can change in an hour.

Re: Gordyville, IL Light Super Stock January 10, 2009 03:39PM
Goveners change buy the hr too it seems in ill. ha ha ha ha

Re: Gordyville, IL Light Super Stock January 10, 2009 04:04PM
I am sure honest rod will be at Gordy. He may try to sell it even though it is not his.

Re: Gordyville, IL Light Super Stock January 10, 2009 10:53AM
I think it will GREAT!!!, Wilder, the better!!!. Looking forward to the pull, Even if it is all "farm tractors", been a long, snowy winter up here already.!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009