ceramic bearing turbos January 18, 2012 10:33PM
Has anyone tried to machine and fit ceramic thrust bearings in their existing turbos?

Re: ceramic bearing turbos January 18, 2012 11:00PM
Interesting idea but where would you get them?

Re: ceramic bearing turbos January 18, 2012 11:18PM
I'll have to do some more digging, but lily bearing makes them. troulbe is they have minimum quantities and they are expensive

Re: ceramic bearing turbos January 18, 2012 11:27PM
turbonetic's turbos already have the ceramic ball bearings

Re: ceramic bearing turbos January 18, 2012 11:31PM
Turbonetics Confused yeah they do is ANYONE running their turbos in tractor pulling?

I know of a few pullers that have them sitting on the shelf.

Re: ceramic bearing turbos January 19, 2012 11:28AM
Nothing against turbonetics, i just have several garrett 90s, 95s,74s,holset 60s and 80s. it would be cheaper on my end to bearing them than buy a new one.

Re: ceramic bearing turbos January 21, 2012 05:06AM
.call Rod at diesel performance engineering I know he has had bearings installed in hc 5s . Iknow u have to use a pair of angular contact bearings usualy only on the commpressor side like turbonetics does otherwise a cartrige like the gt 4X 's use, also balancing becomes an issue as it has to be balanced as a stack if u want it to live and this requires special tooling not somthing that can be built in a average machine shop

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,765, Posts: 229,931, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM