OSTPA Randolph, Ohio January 19, 2012 09:12AM
Well we are going back to just Saturday night. SM4x4, SS tractor, Super Farm, Modifieds, and Semis are the plan at this time. The Pro Stocks are missing due to the lack of numbers left after a bunch figured out they are as good as any national runner out there. Now is the time to speak up. Flail away. Don

Re: OSTPA Randolph, Ohio January 19, 2012 11:56AM
Lack of pro's at Randolph? There was nine tractors this past year at that pull. A couple were broke or at National hooks. Normally there would be 12 to 14. The Portage County Fairboard could do their part and rent a better sled not just the cheapest one. Pro Stock pullers amongst others are attracted to pulls that supply good pulling sleds not boat anchors that are gonna cause engine damage.

Re: OSTPA Randolph, Ohio January 19, 2012 12:15PM
so there's going to be no central ohio division 5 class....if i recall they bring 12 to 15 tractors every hook if not more...also if i remember...the stands were packed friday night...always...what the reason for a change.

Re: OSTPA Randolph, Ohio January 19, 2012 12:21PM
so there's going to be no central ohio division 5....i dont understand..they always had 12 to 15 tractors at a hook..also qas i recall from pulling farm stock there the stands were packed on friday night...why the change?

Re: OSTPA Randolph, Ohio January 19, 2012 12:27PM
sorry...i think i miss read the post...i believe friday night will stay the same...Right?

Re: OSTPA Randolph, Ohio January 19, 2012 01:17PM
Friday stays the same. I posted to here for comments before everything gets set in concrete. I hope some of the Pro drivers can weigh in on this year's plans.I have been left with the feeling to expect less this year.Those drivers have been supporters for many years.

Re: OSTPA Randolph, Ohio January 19, 2012 04:52PM
HOLMES COUNTY FAIR also dropped the pro-stocks this year because of no puller support we had 5 and i specially invited 2 of them that dont even pull ostpa anymore (shotgun & wildside) just so we would have a decent class, we even moved our pull to a friday night a week before b.g. (and we even had a good sled -singers) i think the prostock class is leaning to a grand national class only, i want to thank steve ortner and monte mccoy for there past support hope you both can go to sandusky to the g.n. pull that evening Thanks Brad Giauque

Re: OSTPA Randolph, Ohio January 26, 2012 05:18AM
Look at last years Grand National Standings 3 of the top 5 were from right here in the tri county area. Everyone wants to support te local fair but when you have that kind of money tied into a piece of equipment who can blame them for not wanting to tear something up? On a regional level a fair has to be happy to get 5 Pro Stocks if they are not paying GN purse or points. Again not to cut anyones throat but have they looked at any other promoters? I am speaking of what you get for what it costs? Some of the other orginaztions out there put on a pretty good show. Just explore your options.

Re: OSTPA Randolph, Ohio January 26, 2012 06:58AM
Part of the problem with Randolph is that the track won't hold the horsepower and most pullers would rather be someplace else.
Some are forced to go there if they are in a points race.
Most promoters want to blame the pullers or the ORG. for a bad turn out.
I have never seen a bad turnout where there was a good track if run properly.

Re: OSTPA Randolph, Ohio February 28, 2012 11:44AM
Homes county fair needs to have a light pro (540 p pump)and limited pro (540 a pump) class

Re: OSTPA Randolph, Ohio February 28, 2012 11:18PM
Hey Shotgun Red, good luck at the Keystone Nationals !

Re: OSTPA Randolph, Ohio February 29, 2012 12:14AM
heyJohn, i have to agree with you on your statement would love to run the light pro's (p pump and a pump )but that conflicks with the bunker hill shoot out and that would limit our tractors,i will keep working on it, thanks Brad Giauque tractor pull chairman H. C. F.

Re: OSTPA Randolph, Ohio February 29, 2012 05:49AM
its Kolt Andreas i just driver for john here and there, he is letting me get my feet wet with driving hope in a couple of years i can have one too, but ya that class is so much fun to pull in lots of colors.

Re: OSTPA Randolph, Ohio February 29, 2012 02:25PM
Kolt, i will let you know what i decide maybe could get a wed. night hook at our brush pull,ps work on your dad and build a classic super stock for div.5 with c.o.a.t.p.a. should have mine out this year as a classic super stock, Brad Giauque h.c.f.

Re: OSTPA Randolph, Ohio February 29, 2012 09:09AM
Why were the TWD trucks thrown under the bus ?

Re: OSTPA Randolph, Ohio March 01, 2012 03:12PM
Waiting on OILFARMERS response !

Re: OSTPA Randolph, Ohio March 02, 2012 12:08AM
Just saw the post. I answered over on Fonda's a while back. The semis seemed to create more buzz than the TWDs. The last I heard was waiting to check on national conficts for the semis. If there is, TWD will likely be back. We can afford only X number of classes. Personally I liked all the classes on 2 nights. We got crucified by the fans for the lower numbers Saturday night. I think OSTPA needs a "lite something" to round out 2 nights of 4 classes.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,745, Posts: 229,887, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,992.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM