water injection January 19, 2012 12:07PM
is water injection better before or after the turbo? what is the best way to build a water injection set up? thinking about putting sprayers into intake manifold going strait into the cylinders is this a good idea?

Re: water injection January 19, 2012 01:47PM
yes it can be all of the above. It depends on the setup and amount of air and fuel being used. Some set ups just need a pint or 2 sprayed before or after the turbo in the piping. and some set ups can take 10 qts and will be sprayed before and after the turbos in the piping and the intake and the ported in the head.

More info of your set up might gain info from others with your similar situation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2012 01:48PM by AV.

Re: water injection January 21, 2012 09:37AM
anyone else?

Re: water injection January 21, 2012 10:26AM
The amount of water you need will all depend on the amount of power you are trying to make. We often add or change nozzles depending on conditions. All of our nozzles are in the intake and the pipes between the turbo and intake. One thing you don't want to learn the hard way is the pump pressure will be offset by boost, decreasing volume of water your trying to inject.

Re: water injection January 21, 2012 11:23AM
Use a vickers stye pump with a gear center. 1000lbs. psi easily and consistently.

Re: water injection January 21, 2012 11:48AM
also if you are building your own intake header, place the individual nozzles for each cylinder as far away from the engine as possible-allows you to use a lot more volume!I put two nozzles in front of the turbo to act as a failsafe way to get some water into all cylinders in case one of the port injectors were to plug I use a roller pump with boost activated electric solenoid valves.

Re: water injection January 21, 2012 12:17PM
what kind off eletric pump can i use and what kind of nozzels looking to set this up myself

Re: water injection January 21, 2012 12:21PM
at 60 pounds of boost how much pressure do i need for the water

Re: water injection January 22, 2012 02:05AM
anything over 60 psi will overcome the 60 lbs of boost. The more above 60 the more consistent and more volume you can get into the motor.

For instance if you had a pump that maintained 500 lbs of pressure. Then when you're valve is open you can use 440 (500 minus 60) psi to set your system. If you know your goal on volume you can then chose the proper nozzle or nozzles that will spray that volume when the system is at 440 over an average time for a run. We use 15 seconds.

Don't skimp on pressure and set up your system up using 100psi total. Give yourself some room for error if the pump would slow down or you get a spike in boost. At 100 psi you could loose a significant amount of volume in a couple seconds if something changes during a run. But at 500+ psi you won't notice those slight irregularities.

And on a side note if you call Max Simpson (or any other supplier with water systems) and tell him your set up, he will have a kit for you with everything you need including a chart and different nozzles that you can use to set up and change things as you dial it in. I know you could spend less getting all the pieces yourself and sometimes that's the fun of it. But depending on your set up how much does a set of pistons cost? Getting complete kit with a complete set of instructions and a starting point to set it up has some insurance value to it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2012 02:23AM by AV.

Re: water injection January 22, 2012 06:30AM
could i have some phone numbers for supliers. and also whats a round about price on a set up?

Re: water injection January 22, 2012 07:35AM
Simpson Performance - 517 543 3467

Re: water injection January 22, 2012 03:19PM
I also sell water injection systems. I offer boost switches, nozzles and pumps starting at $550. These are compact, electric, high pressure units. 715-773-2697. Leave message if no answer. Thanks

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,768, Posts: 229,934, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009