Double-Wall Chrome Stack January 29, 2012 01:29AM
I need a new chrome stack for my 1066, as the one I have now is all rainbowed and tarnished looking. Where do I find a nice double-walled 4" x 36" chrome stack? I see that several of the online tractor parts houses sell a curved version that looks nice, but obviously that won't work for pulling. Any ideas? Am I better off making my own? Thanks.

Re: Double-Wall Chrome Stack January 29, 2012 02:57AM
Just get a 4" plain steel steel pipe (if that is the size for your turbo elbow) and then mount a 5" chrome one over it and that will give you about 1/2" gap between pipes. We just tack welded some spacers to the outside of the inner steel pipe that allowed the chrome pipe to still slide over top while keeping them in line with each other, with a more firm attachment @ the base of both. No more rainbow!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,796, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member CBeard