Ford tractors January 11, 2009 02:06PM
Hey there...just curious ..as a fan.....why is that the Ford/ New Hollands dominate so much in the LSS...but never see them in the HSS...or unlimited SS.....is it due to the cubes allowed in engines?...just seems like each class is domintated by one color or the other...always see IH or JD..but never see Fords / New Hollands....I personaly enjoy the LSS and Super Farm classes due to the variety of tractors represented in these classes. Thanks for any input given.

Re: Ford tractors January 11, 2009 04:31PM
Primary issue is cubic inches, as for the unlimited classes or heavy super stock. The alky fords in orvtpa in KY are very strong, as are the diesels of Travis Gordon and Unbridled, owned by a gentleman whom also owns an 8 time national champion field dog----can't walk at his place for all them dogs wantin attention!!! As for the alky, Blue Blazes has forged a long trail of research and development in Kentucky, and has been helpful to the llss boys. The Forresters Papa Smurf has been a force, and multi-time champion on the east coast with their 520 to 540 cu in 9000. An NTPA regional super farm class has been won by a ford, in 07, I believe. The fords are expensive to get above the 550 cu in range, but 600 cu in can be done, and a radically build 640 has been documented on here a time or two. The ford block is rather small, similiar to the AC 426, while the late model 8.1 small block deere blocks, bb deeres and ih 400 series can readily be built in huge motors. The Gensis 456 agi head is the premium head of the ford line, and not all of the 474 truck engine, 401 old engine style, and 456 cu in engine parts are interchangeable with all blocks, cranks, etc. Forrester's small block alky runs well, but it is a small block, heavy tractor. As is Jesse, of the east coast. Eastern Extreme, in related links, can reveals photos of them, as well as Papa Smurf and Old School. A handful of other fords have been successful of late, Moody Blue, and it would be remise to mention the beautiful Rapsody in Blue, out of Illinois, who never met a class he didn't want to pull in, from llss to pro-stock with Raps!!!! A case of too many wt bars!!! But it is a healthy little 456 booger.

Re: Ford tractors January 12, 2009 12:45AM
It was a Ford Superfarm From Hartford Wisconsin, In Sandwitch ILL in 2007 Won a grandnational NTPA event. That is a 636 cubic inch 7.8 liter block the owner of that tractor is building an 8000 due out this season for superfarm. I will be driving the old tractor Blue By You. 636 is pushing it for cubic inch out of the Ford engine. As art said the block is smaller bore spacing is tighter 600 cid not so bad I would like to see 600 for the new NTPA limited prostock class but some have their doubts if it will hold together with a 4.1 on top. As far as parts being interchangable most are 465 crank can go in 401 and 474 engine the 474 can fit in the 465 block heads all interchangeable. You see more IH and JD becuse there is more places to get the parts and more parts avalible. If I wanted to build an IH call Hyper get any thing you want JD Genes Machine. Who do you call for Fords? Other Ford people. At least this year there will be 2 blue ones around Wiscosin in the Superfram Class. If the NTPA would not have their heads up their crap holes and would have kept the Limited Prostock Class at 505cid and the class took off there would be more. I have the engine ready to assemble but no class ne more. The 540cid and lower cube classes the Fords are right there with the next color.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,781, Posts: 229,964, Members: 3,339.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,046.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009