Thumbs DownMy Opinion, the new Limited Pro Stock ClassThumbs Up January 12, 2009 12:53AM
The new Limited Pro Stock class that the Outlaws have, and the NTPA will sanction in 2009 has the potential to be a very interesting and exciting class. I think that the class will grow at a rapid rate , and within 5 years the class will be one of, if not the largest class in tractor pulling.

Here is why I think that:

1. With 640 cubic inch rule this opens the door for the Super Farm pullers to make a rather easy turbo switch to enter in the LM.PS class.

2. Another factor is just the sheer number of SF tractors that are out there today. If just 25% of SF's switch to the LM PS, the class would already have sufficient numbers in its very first year.

3. The state level Pro Stock Class in some area’s is not very healthy [make that, almost dead] and most of these state level PS’s are at or under 640 cubic inch and are noncomponent tractors, the switch to LM PS's will be easy.

4. Most Pullers will seize the opportunity to go faster (a lot faster!) if they don’t have to make lots of expensive changes to do so (and this seems like one of those opportunities).

Here are my predictions;

1. 90% of all SF pullers will buy the larger turbo for the LM. PS class and hook in both classes.

2. The state level PS class will eventually become extinct by attrition.

3. The overall effect on the existing SF class will be minimal, now they will have two classes they can pull in.

4. The PS class at the national level [NTPA and Outlaws] will see their number of GN hooks diminish over the years.

5. The promoters will love this class (and so will the fans), it should have great numbers and because they go faster than Super Farms the fans will press the promoters for more LM PS's in the future.

6. Good chance the PPL will not sanction the class, and they’ll eventually wind-up with all the former Outlaw and NTPA PS pullers.

With this new class the NTPA will have a 650 multi charger diesel class, 650 alcohol class, 680 single charger class, two 640 single charger classes and one [1] class that has a 505 cubic inch limit. There needs to be a real effort put forth in a national level 500 to 540 cubic inch, single charger diesel class.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Thumbs DownMy Opinion, the new Limited Pro Stock ClassThumbs Up January 12, 2009 12:58AM
Agree on the 500 to 540 single charger diesel class go rattle thier cage!!!!!

Re: Thumbs DownMy Opinion, the new Limited Pro Stock ClassThumbs Up January 13, 2009 04:52AM
is the new limted prostock class going to be a ntpa grand national clasds

Re: Thumbs DownMy Opinion, the new Limited Pro Stock ClassThumbs Up January 13, 2009 06:18AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there talk of the cube limit for the Superfarms being reduced, to around 540 or so? If that was the case, I'm not so sure many Superfarms would want to swap turbos to pull Limited Pro, knowing they were gonna be about 100 cubes short. Maybe they would just leave their 600+ cube engines alone, swap the turbo, and forget pulling Superfarm altogether.

Re: Thumbs DownMy Opinion, the new Limited Pro Stock ClassThumbs Up January 14, 2009 01:35AM
Do Superfarms run intercoolers and if so can they be blocked off to run Limited Pro

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009