Rising Tractor Classes February 07, 2012 03:01PM
Thinking about getting into a tractor class. Just trying to see what all is out there.

Any suggestions??

Like 8500 lb pro farm whos got info on that??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2012 04:34PM by BBJD28.

Re: Rising Tractor Classes February 07, 2012 03:06PM
where are you from what are you looking for?

Re: Rising Tractor Classes February 07, 2012 03:08PM
Kentucky. I run a 5020 right now. but the dream would be to pull at louisville

Re: Rising Tractor Classes February 08, 2012 01:34AM
I couldn't agree more with Daryl that geography is certainly important to consider when planing to build. Being from Kentucky you will have several options to choose from that you could go pulling with. Budget is the next major consideration as the higher you move up the more you will have to spend. As for your dream of the Farm Show, the schedule is always subject to change in terms of the classes that they bring in. It is my opinion, in the near future the 4.1 class is going to get a session in Louisville and I feel they are deserving of it. That may not happen for a little while but that is just my guess of the next class that will hit the floor at the NFMS. Wish you the best in your decision making process!
Miles
Miles Beyond 300

Re: Rising Tractor Classes February 08, 2012 02:15AM
try the 540 light pro class it gives you the option to run with the super farms in kywith a 4.1 charger and then goin into ohio and indiana and running region 2 ntpa. the pro farm class around ky is a little slow one year thes a ton the next hey have two or three and alot of controversy in that class as in most but alot more in that particular class with the light pro there are two associations in the state that allows them to run with the super farms orvtpa and bib thats wat i would do if i had the budget to.

Re: Rising Tractor Classes February 08, 2012 05:07AM
sell the 5020 and build a diesel lite super or lite limited super we have tons of hooks for both.

Re: Rising Tractor Classes February 08, 2012 06:10AM
if about 3 people were kicked out of the profarm it would be a good class once more, until then I personaly wouldn't even consider it as an option

Re: Rising Tractor Classes February 08, 2012 08:58AM
Pro Farm is the best option, if you want to stay diesel.We hooked over 15 times last year and had between 8 and 13 tractors at every pull!!!!!
With Bob the light class is good, but a diesel isn't going to run with an alcohol tractor on a consistent basis. In Pro Farm we're all 470 cubic inches and we all burn diesel. Not any one person dominates the class

Re: Rising Tractor Classes February 08, 2012 06:21AM
A lot to consider here, most of all, budget. If you have aspirations for Louisville, LPS 4.1 or SF are the safer bets in the long term. If you simply love to hook, LLSS or SF are your best bets, with probably 70 or more LLSS hooks in 2012 within the state, plus the MSPA and other regional Orgs where you can campaign SF are very attractive. The 540 Light Pro option is also there, depends where you live in the state.

Basically, its up to you:

LLSS: Hook as much as you want, least expensive option here

LPS 4.1 and SF: Where to be if you want to eventually be in Freedom Hall, LPS will have a dozen hooks between MSPA and HSTPA this year.

Light Pro (with a 4.1): Flexibility in running regional classes (BOB Outlaw/LPS 4.1/R2 Light Pro), not as many hooks, travel cost could be concern

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Rising Tractor Classes February 08, 2012 09:28AM
Who sanctions the LLSS? Who could i go to for chassis and transmissions. all the stuff i need to build one. Also do you have the rules and the specs the tractors have to fall under!

And the same for the LPS?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2012 09:29AM by BBJD28.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009