altered farm class meeting February 08, 2012 07:13AM
ORVTPA West Region - Altered Farm Meeting - Sunday Feb. 12, 2012 - 2pm eastern - Dennis Walton's Shop - 553 S. 1175 E Loogootee, IN 47553 - any questions call Henry DeBuisseret 812-881-7275 or Gene Flaningam 812-291-0232
Tenative Rules
470 cubes plus 1 percent wear
11500 lbs
3000 rpms
20.8 x 38 top cut tires - bias or radial
all safety equipment
a - pump
stock appearing front end and frame rails
2.75 turbo with 200 thousands maximum map width enhancement grove

Re: altered farm class meeting February 08, 2012 10:23AM
Why the A pump rule why not the P pump would save you in the long run.

Re: altered farm class meeting February 08, 2012 11:14AM
Folks , It looks like you are setting up a green and red class only? What about all the other brands? yellow, orange , blue and light green.
?????

Re: altered farm class meeting February 08, 2012 11:44AM
No offence ‘buzz’ but i must ask you to explain what rules you would have to make it perfect for yellow, orange, blue, red, green, other red, other green? cant say that i know of any that would work....

Re: altered farm class meeting February 08, 2012 12:00PM
585 cube limit. P pump. Fits them all.

Re: altered farm class meeting February 08, 2012 01:12PM
585 is an expensive class for the small block engines

Re: altered farm class meeting February 08, 2012 02:03PM
Thought Yall already had that meeting? Why another meeting?

Re: altered farm class meeting February 09, 2012 12:45AM
As in the prior comment why not go 585 p-pump and add some diversity to the class. If not the class will just be a stepped down version of the hot farm . In this sport to keep it alive the fans what to see someting new at the show.

Re: altered farm class meeting February 09, 2012 01:35AM
hey buzz, why dont you "buzz out" if you dont have a dog in the race. there is a class that is 585 and p pump. its called pro stock. if you wanna run those rules jump in there class. im sure those green tractors in the pro stock class would love to see your oliver massey allis ford in there! this class is an economy class. good rules to make a cheap and entertaining class.

Re: altered farm class meeting February 09, 2012 03:28AM
How are you going to enforce/monitor the RPM? Are you going to use the good ole boy honesty system?

Re: altered farm class meeting February 09, 2012 04:20AM
Hey hoosier puller the first post says "all safety equipment" does this include :front skies, rollcage ,4.1 blankets, steel flywheel, weld on hubs, tie bars, tip over bars, cable around the motor,dump valve,dead man throttle, guillotine air shut off, ect. This doesn't sound like an economy or cheap class!

Re: altered farm class meeting February 09, 2012 07:59AM
Hoosier puller must have a tractor in this so called 470 class. Well let me ask this, how are you going to police this cubic inch limit? If I were a betting man I'd say the cubic inches will be far above the limit. If truth be known and id say Hoosier's tractor already is hence the smart a$$ remark. We run a 585 3000rpm class and there's several colors in it. What's economical with a A pump and all the safety equipment? Nothing! A p pump is by far cheaper to build, blankets, cages, flywheels/clutches aren't cheap either. You took the economy out of it at word go so keep the smart comments to yourself.

Re: altered farm class meeting February 09, 2012 10:00AM
bring 12 tractors willing to pay a membership that day , that agree to one set of rules and we can try to start you a class.

Re: altered farm class meeting February 09, 2012 12:30PM
We've had such promises over here too. Most of the time only one or two follow through.

Re: altered farm class meeting February 09, 2012 01:17PM
what class do you have 12 tractors waiting to pay dues for? give me details!!! should i come or stay home

Re: altered farm class meeting February 09, 2012 02:08PM
if you want something other than what is posted at top of page you will have to get 12 tractors and bring them to the meeting and pay memberships that day and have a set of rules in hand that everyone agrees too, and we will see if we can fit you in. the rules at the top of the page are what we are meeting about this weekend.

Re: altered farm class meeting February 09, 2012 03:33PM
So is all that other trash on here just be?

Re: altered farm class meeting February 10, 2012 02:42AM
Why in the heck do they need to pay a membership when you don't even have a set of rules set in stone yet for this so called ecomomy class (ha ha). Besides that I don't believe that your first set of rules came out of your first meeting. Sounds to me that one bully is calling all the shots. What a cluster @#$k!

Re: altered farm class meeting February 10, 2012 03:11AM
How many locations do you have or looking at booking for this class? Most of the pullers want at least 8 pulls to go to before they fork over a membership. What's the purse and how many pay spots?

Re: altered farm class meeting February 10, 2012 10:12AM
Geronimo.......cube checks aren't that difficult. Require the winners to show up with their oil pan removed at the next event (or whenever they show up next) and measure the stroke with a tape measure and the bore with a piece of number 9 wire. I'll be glad to show you how to do it. The cheaters won't be just a little over, they'll be obviously too big. The cheaters also won't show up again if they are required to be checked. The threat and checking of a few will keep things in line, trust me.

Re: altered farm class meeting February 10, 2012 12:16PM
funny how you are asking questions on this page. looks like to me they gave you contact numbers for info. looks like to me you are just causing trouble, not asking questions. You like to tear down something, probably because you have a bone to pick with something, cant just leave people alone, got to destroy it. Some of you need to mature ALOT!!

why make rules that limits class to one association February 10, 2012 02:52PM
Change the proposed rules to 10,000lbs, and uncut tires, and the participants will meet the rules of BOB and ORVTPA 10000 hot farm classes, and add as many as 20 hooks a year available within 2 hours of Lousiville. BOB has a 12000 open farm, any cubes, 3000 rpm, p pump 3x3 charger, (basically a 3000rpm super farm class) and big cubes tractors can play with Jon's 5 6030's---that's an unusual situation, but Jon usually brings at least 4 of them to the pulls he attends---and that is significant support for the promoter. BOB and ORVTPA pulls typically have 10 to 12 tractors, when everyone is together, but occassionally approach 20 hooks, when they pull against each other at a BOB event, or an independent pull. The class was not advertised as an "economy class", and there isn't any pulling association that offers an econo diesel tractor class. LLSS and 10000 hot farm and the two most active tractor classes in the area, just seems counter productive to develop rules that that primarily mirror either of those classes, yet limit your members the opportunity of competing with the more established associations.

Re: why make rules that limits class to one association February 10, 2012 02:59PM
tell em art

Re: why make rules that limits class to one association February 11, 2012 01:58AM
good one dixie

Re: altered farm class meeting February 11, 2012 07:24AM
I agree with art

Re: altered farm class meeting February 11, 2012 09:37AM
They made a set of rules ehay are happy with! Why raise hell about them? You have a choice to eigher run by their rules or stay away.

Re: altered farm class meeting February 11, 2012 12:16PM
not complaining, but the majority of pullers that i know with 900 hp hot farms are lobbying for rules consolidation, and the resulting increase of hooks and purse opprtunities---I attended a similiar meeting, 10 years ago, when Paul and PPL tried to organize the same class. Don Christiani attended, as a mediator/advisor, for the 8 to 10 pullers who attended at his facility. Unless they have a strong core of pullers whom are determined to not compete against the established hot farms of southern Indiana and Kentucky,(i.e. hooking in multiple associations) hooks and membership will be hard to maintain. Local hard core pullers, like Kenny Webb "Honest John", and Greg Lamb "Fruit Salad" may well decide to throw on a set of 'top cuts' and add 1500 lbs to occassionally join in the fun!! I just don't see the justification for them being booked against the established organizations, and still be in existence 3 years from now---but that's there choice to try---hope the results of their efforts, meet their expectations!!!

Re: altered farm class meeting February 11, 2012 02:32PM
artbark they have not had the meeting and they want to know what people want,so give input

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,844, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,971.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro