Here's a link to the Murfreesboro...

Murfreesboro slide show...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Re: Mufreesboro pictures... February 10, 2012 07:18AM
Nice pics. Thanks for posting !

Re: Mufreesboro pictures... February 10, 2012 08:05AM
Great pictures! I see that the ORVTPA West Region guys have aready copied your picture to their facebook page. But then again all their picture have been pirated from other sights.

Re: Mufreesboro pictures... February 11, 2012 01:54AM
how do you pirate a picture of your own tractor??

Re: Mufreesboro pictures... February 11, 2012 03:01AM
It's simple… the photographer owns the pictures. If you are using them without consent then you've pirated them. Just because you own the tractor doesn't mean you own the picture.

Go to Sears and get some family portraits taken, tell them you don't want to pay for the pictures because you own them because they are pictures of your family and see how that works out. You pay to get copies of the pictures but you don't own the pictures, Sears does.

Chris, great pictures again!

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Mufreesboro pictures... February 11, 2012 05:53AM
Chris as usual your stuff is top notch, and Luke is following in his dad's footsteps!

I knew...I knew...I KNEW when I left the track for a few minutes there was a shot to be had and I didn't get it! Glad you were there to capture it!

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Mufreesboro pictures... February 11, 2012 07:10AM
i agree with sears comment, but you went to sears and asked them to take your picture or gave them permission to take your picture. I have only seen one time where i signed a pulling document where i gave them permission to photograph my tractor. I do not mind having my photo taken, but if i am not asked permission to have it taken then they should not mind if I use it for my purposes, as long as i don't try to make money off of it. I have seen photos of my tractor on internet for sale and was not asked for permission. I dont have a problem with that, but if I use them to promote a class , I do not see a problem with that either. Most pictures are marked or protected from saving them to the computer, if they want to protect them from use, then i think they need to keep them from being downloaded. That is this pullers side of story. May not be correct, but sounds fair to me.

Re: Mufreesboro pictures... February 11, 2012 08:19AM
What needs to be clairified here is that a pull is an open and public event and unless specified by the promoter whatever a photographer shoots belongs to the photographer and to no one else. Look at it like this: there are a number of iconic sports photos and photos from history that millions have seen. I would venture to say most of all of them, the person or persons in the shot did not receive any benefit or compensation...I would guess 99.9%. Think of it this way: how much has Michael Jordan or a Tom Brady benefited financially from a photo of themselves? Unless it was directly from a promotional photo standpoint for a sponsor, ZERO. ZILCH. NADA.

In most professional sporting events, media passes are issued to professionals and everyone in the joint, from a fan in the stands to a player or driver is fair game. In fact, you can't get into many professional events with a telephoto lens even if you've paid for a seat. The only caveat out there is that if you photograph a minor (under 18) they cannot be identified by name unless there is written authorization by the parent or guardian.

Please don't read what I've said as me being crass. I see photography as an extension of The HOOK and if someone wants to buy that is wonderful; if they just want a file, thats fine too. But the bottom line is that I watermark stuff to protect my ability use the photos I have taken in a manner that is positive for everyone involved---me, the fan, the promoter, the organization and of course the puller.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Mufreesboro pictures... February 11, 2012 08:59AM
Well said Jake and Bryan, the photos are the property of the photographer. I find it very interesting that individual will spend every last dime they have on a pulling vehicle but they can't fork out a few bucks for a photo or the rights to reuse a photo of their pulling vehicle. The photographer has a vested interest in his photo's time, gas, and equipment. So show some respect and offer to purchase your photo's.
Keep up the good work Jake and Bryan!

simple question and tell me more, You might want to read the copy right laws you just might learn something.

Re: Mufreesboro pictures... February 11, 2012 11:27AM
Precisely...

I have never locked or watermarked my stuff. That is my choice. That said, I have seen my photos reprinted without credit online numerous times.

On the flipside, every image you see on ttpa.org is mine because I don't need any trouble. One good copyright attorney could land the association and me in hot water, so I use my stuff even though others have offered.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,762, Posts: 229,923, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,094, Posts: 226,019.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM