rice lake rgn 3 January 12, 2009 02:59PM
I was looking at the 2009 NTPA schedual and I didn't see the Rice Lake pull on the list. Anybody know whats going on with that? That was a good pull...seemed like there was a good crowd there.....

Re: rice lake rgn 3 January 13, 2009 03:06AM
You are correct, there were quite a few people there, but the number of tractors was disappointing. I have a hard time paying 15 bucks to get into a show and then only see 18 or so tractors. I would think that if they had the show this year, the number of spectators would be way down. Just my opinion...take it or leave it.

Re: rice lake rgn 3 January 13, 2009 04:37AM
The numbers were not down to much from 2007. They turned the heavy super stock into an invite so that really limited them. SF and 2wd only down 2 each. Need to bring back the Mods. 2007 was the first year I was there and was impressed with how it was run. Last year, it was the worst run I had been to on that level. If its back(I hope so), they need to run it more like 07. Eveything kept moving right along.

Re: rice lake rgn 3 January 13, 2009 03:14PM
Bring back the light supers!!

Re: rice lake rgn 3 January 14, 2009 12:04AM
I agree 100%! And stop making the heavy super class an invite only.

Re: rice lake rgn 3 January 14, 2009 05:26AM
It was a nice setup Nice pits and I agree bring back the heavy supers

Re: rice lake rgn 3 January 15, 2009 12:57PM
The reason for the invite pulls rice lake and hutch is to suport the deisel heavy supers so we dont have to run aginst the alkys. it is up to the promoter for what classes they want at THERE pull.

Re: rice lake rgn 3 January 15, 2009 03:13PM
Thanks for pointing that out, another "if you can't beat them, boycott them deal??? I see.
I thought it was because the cheese heads didn't want to cross the river.
Used to be they had some rinky dink pull that couldn't really afford them but wanted them, and they pouted like babies till Daddy made everyone else suffer for the pouty cheese head whiners.
Now we know the real reason.

Re: rice lake rgn 3 January 16, 2009 04:14AM
U MUST NOT FOLLOW REGION 3 PULLING VERY MUCH. THEY HAVE A INVITATIONAL FOR A REASON ITS BECAUSE OF MONEY. BETTER TO HAVE SOME TRACTORS THERE THEN NON AT ALL. IT COST LOTS OF MONEY TO PUT ON A PULL. AND THE PROMOTER CHOOSES WHAT THEY WANT AT THE PULL. AND IF U PAID ATTENTION THERE ISNT MANY TRACTORS THAT ARE ALCOHOL THAT RUN REGION 3 HEAVY SUPER ANY MORE. ONE IS IN IOWA THE OTHER IS IN SOUTH DAKOTA. THE GUYS CLOSE ENOUGH TO THE PULL ARE DIESELS AND THEY ARE MORE LIKELY TO SHOW UP FOR A STATE HOOK. WHICH IS LESS MONEY PER HOOK.

Re: rice lake rgn 3 January 19, 2009 01:50AM
I've waited until all the post were made on this subject, now the rest of the story. As the promoter of this event the reason is merely scheduling conflict, NTPA moved all events ahead one week and this would conflict with AquaFest street bands.... and they book major names...our other plan was to hold it during our Fair in July and thats the same weekend as Hutch and New Hampton.. As for the post on how the pull was run last year, try working with track that just had 3.5 inches of rain on it and if you would like to see Hvy SS, LtSS and Mods we are open to your sponsorship next year, hard to turn down a class that is sponsored.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,781, Posts: 229,964, Members: 3,339.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,046.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009