??????for jake February 18, 2012 02:13PM
Why only 2 pictures of KAVAN? You have 3 and 4 of everybody else. And another question since you know everything is why wasnt
WAMPUSCAT in the results page friday night? You have pictures of it on pull-off!

Re: ??????for jake February 19, 2012 11:21AM
ss
Why only 2 pictures of KAVAN? You have 3 and 4 of everybody else.

There's really no conspiracy or anything like that. This is a question I seem to get after events so here are some reasons:

The real answer is that I'm not a robot. I TRY my best to take 3 pictures of everyone coming down the track at a well-lit event like Louisville. Sometimes I get two and sometimes I get 4 (usually by accident). I think everyone has used a camera and taken a picture, and I think everyone has taken a picture that hasn't turned out. With all cameras:
• Sometimes you press the button and it's not in focus so the camera shutter will simply not release and it won't shot the photo.
• Sometimes you press the button and it takes a photo but it's a really blurry photo so I delete it from the camera.
• Sometimes I cut the front or back of the tractor off and very few people want to see a photo of ¾ of a tractor.
• Sometimes I bump into the camera guy next to me and I take a crooked photo.
• Sometimes I bump into the camera guy next to me and I don't even take a photo as I try to get out if his/her way.
• Sometimes a photo is dark and under exposed.
• Sometimes a photo is too bright/washed out and overexposed.
• Sometimes I sneeze.
• Sometimes I have to cough.
• Sometime I get hit in the head with a big clump of dirt.
• Sometimes a clump of dirt hits m camera.
• Sometimes
• Sometimes
• Sometimes etc…

On occasion I even miss a tractor or two. Yes, I have to go to the bathroom every now and then. Sometimes I get thirsty and need a break. Sometimes my camera battery goes dead and I need to change to a fresh battery. I try to get every tractor but sometimes that just isn't possible.

If photography was easy everyone could just bring their own camera and take their own photos. I'm not a great photographer by any means; I try my best to provide the best Free photos I can.

Sometimes it's just a hand eye thing, I zoom in at the starting line and then gradually zoom out for the entire run until they pass me, then I start gradually zooming back in again as they head for the sand. It's not really easy to just take a picture of a vehicle flying by you only a few feet away and you can't get perfect (or even good) shots every time. I was reminded how difficult it is to take photos this weekend as a sat next to a couple of very new photographers, and when I look at some of my own photos I'm reminded what a mediocre photographer I really am compared to the true blue professionals.

I try to get my three shots (when light allows), but it's not an exact science. I don't care who's in the seat or what tractor it is; I don't play favorites with anyone. It doesn't matter if I know the puller or have never spoken to him; I do my best to give everyone equal treatment. I'm by no means perfect, but if I was you can guarantee that I'd get 3 perfect shots every time instead of the 2-5 mediocre shots I takeSmiling.

Thanks for the question, and sorry for being so wordy, but I just want people to know that I'm far from perfect, and I don't play favorites or discriminate.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: ??????for jake February 20, 2012 02:14AM
Jakes response to you was to nice........so heres mine, why dont you get your own camera and go take your own freakin pictures! Your bitchin at a guy who takes pictures for FREE and posts them on here for FREE. And besides that Kavans tractor has looked the same for years, you know what it looks like how many pictures do you need of it?

Re: ??????for jake February 20, 2012 02:32AM
Really, it's OK. It's a common question and a fair question. It also gave me a chance to let people know that I don't play favorites with the camera.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: ??????for jake February 21, 2012 02:10PM
Kudos on the calm and detailed response to the question. As an AMATEUR photographer, I know exactly how some photos just "don't turn out."

- John

Re: ??????for jake February 21, 2012 02:20PM
Went to a pull recently, caught the first round of (what I thought) was every tractor in the joint. I had stepped off track when nature called, came back. Gentleman called wanted to know where he was in my photo set. He hooked once (could have hooked up to 4 times). I had the tractor before him and started back a couple tractors after him. If it can happen, it will when shooting photos Winking

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,738, Posts: 229,877, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,989.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM