Re: ne ohio profarm February 20, 2012 10:37PM
Any body know how many new tractors in this class this year
Just wondering.

Re: ne ohio profarm February 20, 2012 10:47PM
if there's 3 they will be lucky

Re: ne ohio profarm February 20, 2012 10:55PM
I thought at least 5 the 3 IH , case, and the ford they not comming back?

Re: ne ohio profarm February 21, 2012 02:08AM
what ford

Re: ne ohio profarm February 21, 2012 03:02AM
my 4430 should be ready i sure hope there is more than that out

Re: ne ohio profarm February 21, 2012 04:15AM
I also hope theres more I would like to see 8 to15 tractors.
I guess there maybe a few more places to pull. I'm just glad
We have a place to pull.

Re: ne ohio profarm February 21, 2012 05:07AM
Ya there was a ford were was u, they were at mechanics town
And east rodchester. There was 5 half way threw and towards
End of the year. They were all at the meeting.

Re: ne ohio profarm February 23, 2012 08:15AM
Rumor has it that there are like 5-6 of these tractors being built to compete in this class. On top of the hand full that ran this class the end of last year. Anyone know if this is true?

Re: ne ohio profarm February 25, 2012 06:44AM
Word is that since the roll cage was rule was dropped a few of the old tractors are putting the sensor & wheelie bars,etc. on &
going to run them pretty much as they were in prior years to see if it catches on. Those willing to spend money went Division 5
instead of investing big bucks to chug a long at 3000 rpm's.

Re: ne ohio profarm February 25, 2012 08:00AM
3000 rpm is a great class if people want to pull in this class they need to shut up
Quit crying and pull

Re: ne ohio profarm February 26, 2012 08:53AM
3000 rpm is a great class. If you're in the hot dog buisiness

Re: ne ohio profarm February 26, 2012 09:28AM
if you have the safety equipment why is 3000 rpms all they can turn open it up.

Re: ne ohio profarm February 26, 2012 09:48AM
Whats the problem with the class it's just safety stuff that's all be thankful u have a place to pull!

Re: ne ohio profarm February 26, 2012 10:59AM
When you see tractors all decked out with blankets,tie bars, side shields,etc. fans expect to see a
bonafide pulling tractor go down the track, not something that rivals what they were pulling the spreader
with before they left home. If the track judges had forced the over rev'ed guys to move up or go home back when you
guys had a true hot farm class, you wouldn't have this mess today. For a budgett performance class
Division 5 is head & shoulders above this, & you'll have a place to pull every week. This year & next.

Re: ne ohio profarm February 26, 2012 11:10AM
if you think 3000 is a slow class you are wrong! our top tractors are running at 22 mph.

Re: ne ohio profarm February 26, 2012 04:25PM
This class is a great class out west it spread like wild fire and is one of the most popular class.
The people who don't realize what this class is needs to stop and watch this class at the pulls.
These tractors are pretty impressive and some numbers of horse power the are pushing is impressive.
Safety should never be a problem in any sport when u are going over stock limits! I hope to see more tractors
This year and I hope we ALL can have a great year.

Re: ne ohio profarm February 26, 2012 10:55PM
so how much horse power do they have?

Re: ne ohio profarm February 27, 2012 01:28AM
this class is good out west but the rules are NOT the same, out west they run 466 with a box turbo and make 1200-1500 horse at 3000 RPMS!!!!!!!! not 500 like they do around hear. the 3 lm rule stupid, its not a cheap turbo and it sucks, theirs nothing wrong with 3000 rpms but they should let us build power.why pay 2500-4000 for a shitty turbo when u can buy a 3by 4 for 1200 never used? or for that matter a 3by3 used which a new one is only 4000 its the dumbest thing they could have done. PUT SOMEONE WHO AT LEAST HAS A PULLING TRACTOR IN CHARGE OF MAKING THE RULES NOT A BUNCH OF HAS BEENS FROM THE PAST WHO WANT TO SEE BACK IN THE DAY PULLING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: ne ohio profarm February 27, 2012 02:02AM
more rpm would would be better

Re: ne ohio profarm February 27, 2012 02:25AM
You never will make everybody happy. The ones who are complaining were probably cheating
In the past years and will continue to TRY to cheat. So leave you all with that I'm done chatting about this issue
LOL

Re: ne ohio profarm February 27, 2012 03:11AM
if we had rpm monitors a few years back none of this would of happened, your right

Re: ne ohio profarm February 27, 2012 04:28AM
So true. for a couple hundred bucks or less back then the whole problem wouldn't have happened.
Just feel lucky no one was killed while the track judges let their drinking buddies & relatives ignore
the rules. It took an insurance company to stop it. Yes indeed, serious power can be made at 3000
rpm. I'm referring to things as they stand. If the rules are changed to make that power, then you have
a super farm powered class that requires super farm priced upgrades to blocks, lube systems, clutches
& drive trains. Super Farm is another class that's strong in the area. You can pull it every week. This year
& next. Who would spend similar money to build something on the hopes that a few local pulls run it.
And likely they won't. They'll schedule Super Farm, knowing state & national level Super Farms will show up.
It's a free country, but it would be a shame to see more guys spend hard earned money for something
that was just kind of a control/ego trip, my way or the highway, thing from the start. As stated, created
by non-pullers. All I have to say. Think it through & do what you feel is best.

Re: ne ohio profarm February 27, 2012 06:25AM
vendor, im just wondering if you ever go to the meetings for this class? you seem to be looking at the whole picture rather then " your personal problem". Im not implying that toward you, im implying it to everyone else who say things like this and i quote this from the meeting from many john Deere guys last year, " we don't want to run roll cages its to hard for us to put them on." so they changed they rules. the rules are the rules and safety should be #1, not i think this guys cheating or that guys cheating. enforce the rules and this class will last if they dont it wont, seen it before and we will see it again. Also my prior comment about the turbo was made because they say its supposed to be economical to pull in this class, but the pump is dollar for dollar the same as a NEW p pump for d 5 and so is the turbo, cubic inch is the same money also, if you want to go to 540. i just think and know this could be done cheaper. Its been about 5 years since the hot farm class was a good class, back then you had milk money, hawk-eye express, the black case, the massy, struggling,there was a ford, stryffelers Deere that black 1066, the red stallion and a few others, they had rules and and then people started fighting and the class fell apart. All that had to be done is have a committee to tech these tractors and they'd still be pulling today. The worst part is these pullers most likely weren't cheating, someone has to win that's the idea of if no reason to fight about it.

Re: ne ohio profarm February 27, 2012 10:39AM
Understatement, no I don't go to anymore meetings. Having decided not to invest in the class, I think the rules
should be left to those putting up the cash. My hotdog selling comments sounded harsh after reading them, &
sometimes I should just keep my mouth shut. It's just that there's only room for so many classes. We need the true
farm class to keep the younger blood coming in. At Randolph last year the 1 local guy who took a leap of faith
& built for the class was told he was the one who had to run exibition, not the guys who showed up without the
safety equipment. I'll defer to your judgement on the old hot farm class if you were involved in it. But at least 4 or
5 of the guys you mentioned moved up to S.F or limited pro or are in the process. A natural evolution I think. They would have
been replaced if the tech crews had forced the tractors into hot farm that belonged in hot farm, rather than letting them run the stock class
with no safety equipment what so ever. The only hot farm fighting I knew of started over 1 guy having an M-W pump, which I understood he
corrected. But it was blown way out of proportion by alchohol, & not the kind you put in your fuel tank. When 1 guy is allowed
to get so plastered & obnoxious he's hurling profanities about the guys wife / mother, the police have to get called into it at one
pull, shows up at another so plastered he nearly gets run over by his own tractor, & yet he's welcomed back pull after pull. Well, see my "drinking buddy / relative " comment in an earlier post. And now we're to think these same guys are going to enforce rules ? Please.

Re: ne ohio profarm February 27, 2012 02:41PM
So, you guys want to run over 3000 RPM? Thats ok with us, get a certified clutch. Oh yea and that certified clutch is only good for a certain number of passes then you can spend money and have it re-certified. The roll cage was dropped because a group of guys wined that they will NOT put a roll cage on their tractor, they have roll bars and they wont spend the money for a cage. Fine the cage was dropped, go with a roll bar that is something that will come with the evolution of the class. As it did in Division 5. And it wasnt the Green Guys complaining it was the green and red and blue guys! In fact the only guy who didnt run his mouth and complain was the white/orange guy. And he kept his mouth shut and built a tractor. How many of the rest on here can say the same? Its a whole lot easier to not attend meetings or attend meetings where imput is asked for and keep your mouth shut, then wine and complain when you dont like the rules than it is to step up without a chip on your shoulder and give an imput to someone when they ask for it. This class was going to take a learning curve. No one involved in making the rules will tell you they are an expert in pulling, nor do they claim to be. They are attempting to make a stepping stone class that is hotter than farm stock and not as expensive as Superfarm. Comperable to Div 5 from 3-4 years ago. Only for newer tractors. No one is forcing anyone to pull in this class, if you have a better alternative go hook in that class. If there is no other class and you still have a problem with the rules leave it in the garage we are fine with that also. If thats not an option then build a tractor to these rules and collectivly as pullers with competing tractors if they want the rules tweaked then a vote can be made to tweak the rules for this class. Other wise this class will die and you can leave the tractors in the garage. It is greatly appreciated for all of those who have assisted with imput for this class as this class grows the rules will get tweaked for the betterment of the class. These rules were not created to keep someone from participating but rather to include all makes of tractors to have a competative opportunity to build a tractor for this class. And to the previous comment, your right a data logger in the farm stock class a few years ago would have/could have saved all of these headaches however it didnt and all that can be done is move forward. Besides I do not know many farmers who will spend the money to put a sensor on there "farm tractor" so their kid can pull it on Saturday night.

Re: ne ohio profarm February 27, 2012 03:47PM
VERY WELL PUT!

Re: ne ohio profarm February 27, 2012 04:19PM
I am one of the three IH tractors up there last year, I don't know if the last comment was made for us but, we never complained about the rules we just said that are Profarm rules say cage or rollbars and other places say must look factory. That's why we don't have them. We couldnt see screwing our self down here to go pull other places that's all. No complaint here just happy to have another place to pull Thanks looking forward for this year.

Re: ne ohio profarm February 28, 2012 02:22AM
How many hooks will we have for this class next year and where

Re: ne ohio profarm February 28, 2012 03:56AM
Craver,

Looks like without Schedules totally finalized there should be around 16-20 hooks mabye a few more. Mile Branch, West Twp, Lisbon, Bunker Hill, Mechanicstown, East Rochester, Catiz, Randolph, Mantua, and a few others. A finalized Schedule for this class should be available in the coming months as there are still people trying to put together schedules.

Re: ne ohio profarm February 28, 2012 04:21AM
sounds good

Re: ne ohio profarm February 28, 2012 07:52AM
Randolph stayed with stock last year. I don't know if anyone has talked to Ernie. No one has asked me about the 3000 class. Don

Re: ne ohio profarm February 28, 2012 10:09AM
what are your rules if you want tractos i live in N.E centrol ohio and know of a couple other tractors that might show up a-pump ,3000 rpm ,wheelie bars ,blanket ,air shut off ,20.8 non cut tires,with rpm senser and 3x3 inlet outlet didnt know if these meet the rules for ne ohio they do in most of the state thanks.

Re: ne ohio profarm February 28, 2012 11:02AM
I would really like to know where you get your hp numbers. The best super farms are barely making 1200.
Maybe i should use your dyno because it makes the numbers sound better than they actually are.

Re: ne ohio profarm February 29, 2012 06:20AM
I recommend you get more info before you post on here or get a better tractor, the class out west makes every bit if not more power then superfarms, hint hint there turbos are bigger and inter-coolers are allowed in most parts of the country, also its a serious class in Indiana and Illinois they are built as well as most of the superfarms, although from what i understand this class being talked about here is ment to be like a farm tractor with safety equipment and some other basic rules, easy to do things so the average guy can do it himself pretty reasonable.

Re: ne ohio profarm February 29, 2012 08:05AM
Holly Cow!! Just up visiting relatives & had this shown to me. Reminds of a similar situation we had in the Virginia -Maryland
area many years ago. For what it's worth here's what I decided. If the rules are weird, isolated, local only, what ever you want to
call them, be cautious about spending a lot of money on tractors that may not have much resale outside your area. Some guys
went broke trying to keep up with the yearly rule changes that were going to draw more competitors in, but never seemed to. A
lot of us could have had State level tractors for the money we spent trying to be pioneers. From what I'm reading here it seems like
enforcement of any rules is going to be a problem for you. I recall my nephew telling about that beer induced dust up at a pull a
few years back & remember it getting some coverage on here. That kind of nonsense has got to be cleaned up before you even
think about the other stuff.

Re: ne ohio profarm April 24, 2012 11:37PM
Everybody ready for the new pulling season. Heard theres going to be a lot of great running tractors there this year

Re: ne ohio profarm May 10, 2012 11:00PM
Just wanted to know where to find updated rules also is there going to be any competors there comming from a fair distance just want to know wort the drive not going if there's only one in the class thanks

Re: ne ohio profarm May 12, 2012 02:26AM
Do you guys run cut tires? I guess im not sure what your rules are.

Re: ne ohio profarm May 12, 2012 11:48AM
from whah ive seen they dont want no outsiders they just want to complane thats why nobody showes up

Re: ne ohio profarm May 12, 2012 02:09PM
Thats obvious, if they wanted good numbers they would have adopted rules from ntpa hot farm like so many of us suggested. Not pulling any punches, just typing the facts. And now they got a bastard class that guys are gonna have $40,000 in and pull 10 times a year, cant go to any indoor pulls like Gordyville and cant re-sale as a "tractor with a class"!

Re: ne ohio profarm May 13, 2012 02:44AM
They used to be on the Bunker Hill Shootout.com web site. Something like that, just google it. But then I heard they changed, but maybe just dropped the roll cage. If past results indicate the future, if you're an outsider & it looks like you could win, you're illegal, if you're a relative, you can drive down the track with a beer in your hand & all's well. Just kidding. When I was there they always waited until they were off the track, but did see a fellow having a cold one as he crossed the scales. If you want to try it Mechanicstown should have something coming up the end of the month.

Re: ne ohio profarm May 28, 2012 03:16AM
What kind of turn out did the class get at the Mechanicstown Pull. Any new local tractors running this year ? Better spring planting this year should help get things going at the earlier pulls.

Re: ne ohio profarm May 30, 2012 10:29PM
nobody must have showed up? i wouldnt know why. oh thats right the class will never go any where

Re: ne ohio profarm June 03, 2012 11:52AM
Any new guys at the last pull alliance

Re: ne ohio profarm June 04, 2012 10:58PM
no just one tractor in the class

Re: ne ohio profarm June 05, 2012 04:50AM
Can you believe this thread has been going since February? JW

Re: ne ohio profarm June 05, 2012 05:00AM
Ya some people just need to grow up.

Re: ne ohio profarm June 05, 2012 06:02PM
I think you meant show up. Come on guys, spend some money so we can change the rules on ya again ! Oh, & this is just the latest thread on this debacle.

Re: ne ohio profarm June 11, 2012 05:09AM
Where's all the new guys at ?????????????

Re: ne ohio profarm July 31, 2012 03:27PM
Watched a very competitive class of at least 11 tractors pull at the www.Columbianacountyfair.org on Monday evening. 3 tractors went over 325' and to the pull off.

Re: ne ohio profarm August 02, 2012 01:08PM
Ya great turn out great competition. Hope to see more every where else.
Thanks for a great pull !

Re: ne ohio profarm August 05, 2012 03:47AM
Sorry I missed this. Where did they find 11 3000 RPM 3LM turbo equiped tractors with all the required safety stuff to fill this class. I hope somebody got contact information so the other pulls can cooridinate , entice, or whatever, to get them here for other events.

Re: ne ohio profarm August 06, 2012 03:39PM
There was 11 tractors at lisbon but at least 4 of them were pennsylvania hot farms who were running bigger cubes and bigger chargers and the winner even had an ice box. two of the three in the pulloff were actually supposed to be in the class so i was impressed, bugays and wylers have done something with the 3000 rpm limit and can actually generate some horse power, but they should not have to compete with some open tractors that should be running llss. It was a good pull but if they are going to have rules for a class, they should be enforced so that the people that build for the class dont compete with a hell of a lot bigger ones.

Re: ne ohio profarm August 07, 2012 02:32AM
So if what you're ( Bottom Line ) is sayig is correct , then what the critics claimed in this long long drawn out post above said were in the end correct. That pulls in this region continue their noteriety of never ever policing or enforcing anything. And woe to anyone foolish enough to spend hard earned money on a machine thinking that they would.

Re: ne ohio profarm August 07, 2012 07:13AM
U guys complaining do u even have a tractor in this class

Re: ne ohio profarm August 07, 2012 08:56AM
i dont have a tractor but follow the class quite closely and wish that they would have an official do the same. they do not do a good job at enforceing the rules at all. Division 5 actually tech the tractor before it hooks on the track, and upon a complaint will inspect and dq for up to a year if rules were violated and you can see how that is working for them, fantastic. that class keeps growing and growing. and that is what you have to have, order. if people get pissed off because the have PA pullers coming in and kicking their butt, then why go to that class? i would love to see this class grow, but i believe there needs to be closer inspections to keep it fair. While in some ways it may be a spectator sport, the people who spend money for this specific class should not have to compete with something from a completely different league

Re: ne ohio profarm August 08, 2012 07:20AM
Did you ever stop to consider the possibilty that the fact that there is no rule enforcement is maybe why there are no tractors in the class. Calling people crybabies & whiners who call you on this very simple fact is not good enough to convince anyone to drop thousands of dollars into a tractor to ,as bottom line said, pull angainst something built for a total different class. Central Ohio recently suspended a puller for a year for a rules violation in Division 5, not easy, but sometimes what it takes.

Re: ne ohio profarm August 08, 2012 07:48AM
It doesn't matter this class will die and the will bring back the hot farm again.
Or just run an open class that's all.

Re: ne ohio profarm August 08, 2012 08:50AM
There is an open class in Western PA which those tractors are running in. Very good class so far.

Re: ne ohio profarm August 08, 2012 09:14AM
The may bring back the hot farm, and it will die again, they have done it before, and again, and now they have profarm, which is pretty much that, and it will just continue........ to fail unless something is done. And yes pulling fan, those tractors run good..... they just need to stay in western PA and not run a class they dont belong in and ruin a possible good thing that people are actually working to build

Re: ne ohio profarm August 08, 2012 12:26PM
It seems that a jealousy of the PA tractors is at the root of your displeasure, since you keep going back to that info. I wish you had a tractor Christian Deibel, that way you could have a voice in the class. Until then, it seems this class is being flexible to those who have a tractor and want to be involved with that class. It appears they are trying to make the correct decisions as it grows, to make a class that is here to stay long term. Maybe intercoolers will be allowed next season, they help build power as well as reduce engine fatigue. The intercooler is the only item that apparently came into question, everything else fits the rules of this class for the PA tractors. Your displeasure has been noted. I'm sure those in charge read these posts.
My last comment: Everyone in pulling should look at how we should try to improve our sport, in a constructive and positive manner, discussing concerns at pulls is a great place to start.

Re: ne ohio profarm August 08, 2012 01:29PM
They said all them pa boy run bigger chargers, so it just wasn't
the intercooler

Re: ne ohio profarm August 08, 2012 12:29PM
Does can someone post the results of the class from Columbiana Fair?

Re: ne ohio profarm August 10, 2012 01:40AM
Very well put "Jealous". I guess looking at the big picture maybe an annual fee to become a member of an organization and have voting rights on the betterment of this class and others may be the way to go. Its kind of like the old saying put your money where your mouth is. That way anyone who is serious about pulling and the betterment of this class with the financial investment of a current running tractor has the opportunity to have there opinion heard. Any the others who just like to complain can keep there mouths shut. Seems like a pretty simple solution to me. I personally have been to a couple of pulls where they have been running this class and they are bringing in some outside tractors to see how they run compaired to this class to see if the rules need to be tweaked but it has always been with the concent of last I checked the only person who built a tractor for this class. Noone has ever said that the rules may not need tweaked but until you see how other organizations are running and how competative they are against each other then how will you ever know?

My personal opinion is if you have all this time to sit around and chirp and complain about what a lousy class this is why not go to the garage and work on putting your tractor together so you can have something to compete? That will solve multiple problems... 1) you wasting everyones time on here complaining and 2) there only being a few tractors.

Re: ne ohio profarm August 13, 2012 12:21AM
Watched this class run over the weekend, There were 9 in the class 7 true pro farms and 2 hot farms that choked back to run with the pro farms. Not a bad class to watch and a fairly inexpensive class to build for.

Re: ne ohio profarm August 13, 2012 02:39AM
Did the hot farm tractors win or one of the true profarm tractors.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,748, Posts: 229,892, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,087, Posts: 225,995.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM