Firesuits February 22, 2012 03:20PM
Will need firesuit for next year, & never having needed one before, never paid much attention to them.
So how about some opinions on one piece vs. 2 piece. cuff style, sizeing, etc. Also good suppliers with
fair prices & variety. Will not be any convient changing places at the brush pulls we'll be at. Thanks.

Re: Firesuits February 23, 2012 12:41AM
I just purchased a new firesuit from Poly Performance who carries Crow brand gear. I prefer the 2 piece suit because it is easier to get on and off, and then when you arent pulling you can leave the pants on without getting too hot with the jacket on also. Especially in the summer during the heart of pulling season. The pants can either come with elastic at the bottom or a cuff, which goes over the boots. I like the style with the cuff alot better. I also got the pants a little bigger than what I needed so with jeans on, it was easier to tuck them in the firesuit pants.

When I got the pants, the zipper was messed up and didnt function properly. I called Crow directly, and without any questions asked, I returned the broken pair and they sent me a new pair. I was thoroughly impressed with the customer service I received from Crow. Thats what keeps business and keeps customers happy! Crow has a large variety of colors and style of suits, as well as driving boots, gloves, neck braces, etc.

Another thing to check, is to make sure you are getting the properly rated firesuit for the class and or organization you are pulling with, to make sure it meets the specifications in the rules.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2012 12:43AM by igtpull1.

Re: Firesuits February 23, 2012 04:50AM
Speedway has cheap complete kits with boots, gloves, neck braces ect. I would go with the two-piece as mentioned above. Costs a few dollars more but way more convienent.

Re: Firesuits February 23, 2012 06:09AM
Any ideas on somwhat custom suit, (where and who) and one I don't need to take a bank loan out for it!

Re: Firesuits February 23, 2012 08:36AM
Do a google search for firesuits. Thats how I came across Poly Performance. I cant remember what company, but I did find some that had custom made suits. They were out of my price range (cant remember how much they were), so I just went with a standard one.

Re: Firesuits February 23, 2012 08:38AM
Taylor Motorsports can build you a custom suit. (www.taylormotorsports.com) They built my new one thru jc apparel and Eric Cody (www.j-capparel.com). They can link up your fire suit and crew shirts also . They have a form that you can fill out for measurements. My suit showed up on time and fit. They also can do custom embroidery and have lots of different options. I would go with the 2 piece suit as well. Much easier to deal with in the summer. If you would like I can email you the contact information for Eric and he can get the ball rolling for you. Price range varies from probably $750-1500 depending on the options and amount of embroidery. Hope this helps.

Jessie Petro

Re: Firesuits February 23, 2012 08:43AM
RJS in Hazel Park, MI is very good and very resonable and will do custom work very reasonably.

Re: Firesuits February 23, 2012 02:10PM
jegs.com cheapest ive ever found, sfi rated,

Re: Firesuits February 23, 2012 03:28PM
Wesco Performance makes custom RJS suits. Pretty reasonable prices too

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009