KC pull February 23, 2012 03:30PM
Never seen a class ruined like the Light Supers were tonight at KC.

Re: KC pull February 23, 2012 03:35PM
Why what happened?

Re: KC pull February 23, 2012 03:42PM
Light Superstocks couldnt pull 150ft.

Re: KC pull February 23, 2012 03:39PM
That's because Mr Roberts has a hard on for the USS! He doesn't want the class to succeed! In Weeping Water last Summer the sled ruined the class...gotta let them run!

Re: KC pull February 23, 2012 03:45PM
Very Well Spoken

Re: KC pull February 23, 2012 05:00PM
Thanks to Doug Roberts for having our class at the Western Farm Show and look foward to coming back again next year. Sled was to heavy and track didint work the best for our class, but heck it has happened to us before. Roberts wasnt even at Weeping Water last year. Glad he has put us in for 2 days at Weeping water this year, followed by Dunlap, IA next day and then on up to Sioux Falls. Now we are in Onawa and Hinton, and Manilla, IA also for 2012. Doug took a chance on us for years when our numbers were down and now he is getting us some good pulls and he is going to get a lot of support from the class. Thanks Outlaws and Doug

Re: KC pull February 23, 2012 05:30PM
I'll give appreciation to the folks from holland they were 100 pounds heavier and they were going to lighten the sled,I did see the sled operator change gears on the box and they said no they would pull the same as the class,be it Doug or a sled operator scared to let the tractors run it was a very poor show when everyone knew that had any sense it was poor settings many people traveled many miles and not all pullers are kissing butt it was a poor showing,this is why the operators of this pull will always be the copycats and not the innovators.

Re: KC pull February 24, 2012 12:03AM
Overall a great pull, Good setting, introductions, announcing and one of the best truck classes I have ever seen. Started the class over once in the light tractor class, and still didnt work. No use making more tractors hook twice. The new holland tractor was just 5 foot short of the full pull and only 100 lbs. difference in weight, I would think sled was not that far off. 3rd place tractor from Louisville was 15 feet from full pull. One pulled 2nd in the class and the other was last. Cant blame Roberts on everthing in this world.

Re: KC pull February 24, 2012 01:10AM
Ok, I'm a bit confused here. In the the first post it stated the light super pulled and it was actually the unlimited super. Light supers pull tonight. So does Doug have an issue with the unlimiteds or the light super? Judging by the videos on facebook the track looked a bit to be desired. I'd guess thats part of the problem. The biggest problem to me would be the lack of people in the stands.

Re: KC pull February 24, 2012 05:33AM
Outlaws have two lightweight Super classes, one is called Unlimited Super (6200 lbs OHC, 650 CID, Component tractors allowed) and the other is called Light Super (6000 alky 6400 diesel, 505 pushrod cast rearends). The names are a litte confusing compared to the rest of the world.

I'd expect the Unlimited Supers to eventually change the rules to 504 since so many new 504 tractors are being built for the class. Rumor has it that both the Cases from Kansas are going 504 so it's most likely just a matter of time until the 504 tractors have almost all the votes. I'm hoping their rules will eventually fall inline with NTPA's and PPL's LSS classes.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: KC pull February 24, 2012 01:10AM
i completely agree. it was sad. i drove 2.5 hours just to see that class then they ruined it

Re: KC pull February 24, 2012 01:47AM
Does anyone know how SuperFarm finished?

Re: KC pull February 24, 2012 01:49AM
SUPER FARMS
1. MAGNUM FORCE NORM KAVAN 204.910
2. ULTIMATE MUSCLE RICK ENGELMEYER 204.620
3. RED ROCK DAVE ROZEBOOM 203.340
4. SOD BUSTER CHAD BRUNS 202.930
5. A GREY AREA MARK FOLKEDAHL 202.550
6. DEERESTROYER SCOTT HOLTGREW 202.140
7. STROKIN MOTION CHAD BRUNS 202.070
8. SOMEDAY CHAD WEIZENKAMP 201.170
9. PRIDE OF THE FARM STEVE KAVAN 200.470
10. SPANKY'S TOY MARKIE ROBERTS 199.830
11. SHOW ME THE MONEY STEVE BELL 199.360
12. BURNIN BUCKS MIKE DUNKLAU 199.300
13. EXTREME PLEASURE TAYLOR VAN BEEK 198.050
14. THE BEAST TROY MURRA 197.050
15. BUCKED UP LARRY LARSON 196.930
16. FEEDLOT SPECIAL RODNEY JEDLICKA 196.790
17. NO MERCY LEON HELLEBUSCH 194.970
18. TURBO UP JOHN PLATTE 194.120
19. RUNNING ON RED ROGER LIERMANN 188.930
20. EXTREME PLEASURE UNLOADED ROD DE KAM 96.240

From www.powerandnoisephoto.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2012 01:50AM by brianfuhr.

Re: KC pull February 24, 2012 02:27AM
The sled hit the truck class perfectly you could not have asked for more. The sled missed the ULSS class and missed it pretty badly. The ULSS are probably the hardest class to get right and it's tractor pulling AND it will happen again. I don't blame them for missing the class but I can find fault with whoever made the decision to not re-reweight and re-restart the class. When the Wilhite tractor only went 150' it was time to do something. I've watched this sled before and they normally do a great job so I won't beat on the sled crew as they don't deserve that. However as a diehard fan of this sport I would have much rather had them re-restart the class as opposed to watching the train wreck I watched. If it had been your tractor would you rather pull it twice or risk blowing it up by just spinnng the wheels on top and going nowhere? That the does the pullers or the fans no justice.

It was also my understanding that the overseas Deere could not make weight by 300# with all of his weights removed. The tractor had several weights on it and I would guess he weighed more like 8000# versus the 7000# and hell yes he looked good but it really was just an exhibtion run because of that.

Glad to have the pull back in KC but will be hard to fill the stands on a Thursday especially since the Farm Show is not going on until Friday to draw from.

Thanks to the Morgans for the site and opportunity.

Re: KC pull February 24, 2012 02:42AM
ONE way to better figure out what the sled setting should be for the light supers is NOT to have them as one of the first classes. It would make MORE sense to have one or two of the heavier classes run first. THAT would give you a better "lawn dart" shot at figuring out how to set the sled for the lighter classes. JMHO.

Re: KC pull February 24, 2012 03:20AM
Yes the class of unss should have been restarted again it was a very poor call not to restart the class again and get it right,you don't see a poor showing like we did at Gordyville I can not imagine a sled operator would ever want a class of tractors look as bad as what we saw last night,it kind of looked like big was running the sled being afraid to let the horsepower run,perhaps in time a set will be grown.

Re: KC pull February 24, 2012 11:47AM
What happened that there were only 7 hooks in the USS class?Lots of no shows...

Re: KC pull February 24, 2012 12:07PM
Larry Phillips 2 tractors, supposedly 1 sold and went to NY after NFMS so he was a no show with 2 tractors.

European tractors, 1 blew up at NFMS and couldn't pull, other one couldn't get down to 7,000 lbs and was forced to make an exhibition only pull, that's 2 more tractors gone, but at least with plausible excuses.

Randy Payne no show.

Mike Sandefur was there, but forgot his tractor! Another no show.

Brice Terry heard broken crank after NFMS and couldn't get it fixed in time at least that's a plausible reason.

That's 7 tractors that were missing from the show.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,736, Posts: 229,871, Members: 3,333.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,986.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM