What happened to NTPA Region I? February 29, 2012 11:42AM
Looking through the champions section on Pulling Reference, I noticed there were champions of NTPA Region I. So what became of this region? It seems like there is an unofficial line at the Appalachian mountains that the NTPA won't cross for pulls anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2012 11:43AM by Oliver1655.

Re: What happened to NTPA Region I? February 29, 2012 12:09PM
the east coast went ppl and usa east and except for a few buck events it has remained.

Re: What happened to NTPA Region I? February 29, 2012 12:17PM
That's a shame since PPL doesn't have a Super Stock Diesel class. When did this happen?

Re: What happened to NTPA Region I? February 29, 2012 02:33PM
Actually, ATPA came in around 1996 or 1997 and that's when the demise of NTPA Region 1 started. ATPA was a stronghold here until around 2005 when things started getting sour and for 2006 the opportunity came along to make a change to the new Lucas Oil Pro Pulling League. Payouts are good, yearend payouts are great every year and the pullers for the most part are happy. I think it was the right move for East Coast Pullers. This was also the beginning to Power Pulling Productions in Western PA. East Coast has a good Super Stock/Pro Stock class. I might bet that sometime you will see a Diesel SS class in the future for the PPL Champions Tour. Time will tell.

USA East is it's own assoc. under the direction of Rick Feicht, formally known as Full Pull Productions and is somewhat affiliated once again with NTPA I believe.

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
www.easternextremepulling.com
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2012 02:38PM by J R.

Re: What happened to NTPA Region I? February 29, 2012 03:16PM
It would be nice. Watching all these old videos just made me wonder about that since you'd see guys from Ohio (Mears, Englehart/Ross, Haferd) go down into VA for Region I hooks. It was interesting to see those tractors pull somewhere you aren't used to seeing them.

Re: What happened to NTPA Region I? March 01, 2012 01:04AM
Unfortunately Daddy Dave (NTPA) gave up on both GN and Regional pulling in the northeast a long time ago. Of course he or NTPA would never admit it but the evidence of eastern events held for the last 10 years (minimum) speaks for itself. Saluda is about the only exception.

Re: What happened to NTPA Region I? March 01, 2012 02:32AM
Other than Canfield how are FPP and NTPA connected ?

Re: What happened to NTPA Region I? March 01, 2012 08:33AM
The East Coast is now run under dictatorship, the pullers have no say! The modified rules are set by the good ole boy comittee. If you want to pull you just grin and bear it , or you have to drive to the Carolinas, NY,or Ohio . DMP is promoting pulls and offering different classes. Now the Dictatorship is getting scared and threatening you can not run for points. We need to go back to the old ways where we the pullers elect are leaders , vote for are rules, and see where are money goes!! Everyone complains about Daddy Dave S. running NTPA ,well we have are own Daddy Dave running the ECS. atleast with NTPA the members and committees have a say, on the ECS if you aint in the clique you have no say! Just my two cent$
every one has their own opinion and this is mine.

Re: What happened to NTPA Region I? March 01, 2012 12:22PM
So what is wrong with the mod rules in east coast ? O an new york has the same rules as east coast.

Re: What happened to NTPA Region I? March 01, 2012 12:41PM
Just a little biased !

Re: What happened to NTPA Region I? March 01, 2012 01:11PM
To who are u bias?

Re: What happened to NTPA Region I? March 01, 2012 01:28PM
Kenny,
I am not biased, the rules are!

Re: What happened to NTPA Region I? March 01, 2012 02:04PM
How are the rules bies? An who are u if i may ask?

Re: What happened to NTPA Region I? March 03, 2012 12:21AM
sound like fag in the closet is jealous they cant beat real tractors or maybe is a outcast for reason or a has been

Re: What happened to NTPA Region I? March 03, 2012 07:32AM
To Puller in the Closet, If you have a problem with the ECP Mod rules, (and it sounds like you do), why don't you call me or your Mod Representative, Jason. We will be more than glad to talk to you and listen to any suggestions you have to improve the the class. Looking forward to talking to you. Oh and let me know how you are.

Re: What happened to NTPA Region I? March 03, 2012 11:49PM
get that phone call yet, ea how? i bet you didnt Beer

Re: What happened to NTPA Region I? March 04, 2012 02:42AM
Not yet. I will really be surprised if I do.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,773, Posts: 229,940, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,029.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009