McCormick/IH hybrid? March 01, 2012 07:43AM
Heres my thoughts, seeing as you cannot build a true mccormick for the super farm class, would building an ih (say 1066) then putting a mccormick hood (the ones that resemble the mx 155) and register the tractor as a mx 155, but for the mccormick fans, you get a paint job that shows mccormick stickers peeling off and have mx 155 stickers underneath?
I know this will start a fight, but I'm curious to what the opinions are on this!

Re: McCormick/IH hybrid? March 01, 2012 08:48AM
McCormick tractors are the old mx maxxums so I don't see a problem. No different then all the new trctors pulling with the good ole 66 series hidden underneath.

Re: McCormick/IH hybrid? March 01, 2012 08:57AM
There are a couple mcCormick hoods out there already. Lights out pro stock, snuffy limited pro

Re: McCormick/IH hybrid? March 01, 2012 09:34AM
Ross's superstock from pa.

Re: McCormick/IH hybrid? March 01, 2012 10:34AM
yes, but those classes are more lenient on manufacturers lines. for a super farm, the sheet metal has to match the tractor or an updated version which makes building a mccormick difficult

Re: McCormick/IH hybrid? March 01, 2012 12:50PM
use the cummins from what i understand the 8.3 block will accept the 9.0 crank, if I am not mistaken eddie kerr went this route for his families oliver. I wouldn't be worried about the engine as much as the rear and trans who out there is making custom gearing for a McCormick. I would love to see one but personally I think it would fit in a light pro class better than superfarm. Heck for that matter the 5.9 are getting some big numbers for the truck guys but I don't know if it would be enough torque to compete in a superfarm.

Re: McCormick/IH hybrid? March 01, 2012 02:04PM
what tractor rear ends can the 8.3 bolt to? will it bolt to an ih rear? or do i work with the mccormick rear?

Re: McCormick/IH hybrid? March 01, 2012 02:35PM
The Case IH 7140 had the 505 (8.3) Cummins in it, as did all the 7100 series I believe. From what's on Tractordata.com, all the Magnums have the 8.3 Cummins from the factory, even though all the pulling tractors with magnum tin have the IH 400 series block.

Re: McCormick/IH hybrid? March 01, 2012 02:41PM
The sheet metal part numbers on the first series of McCormick MTX are exactly the same as the Case IH MX 100-170. You shouldn't have any trouble painting it the McCormick colors, but you would have to register it as a Case IH to pull it in NTPA.

Greg

Re: McCormick/IH hybrid? March 01, 2012 11:59PM
the ztx series from McCormick all used the 8.3 cummins but how many would know a mtx or xtx from a ztx

Re: McCormick/IH hybrid? March 02, 2012 12:15AM
ztx has a very different looking hood

Re: McCormick/IH hybrid? March 02, 2012 01:57AM
Mr Richwine

Re: McCormick/IH hybrid? March 02, 2012 02:28AM
Mr. Richwine doesn't care about the rule book. It.s his way, the rule book is only really the ntpa comic book!!!!! If you build it, they.ll approve it. just send in the membership fees...

Re: McCormick/IH hybrid? March 02, 2012 07:39AM
I believe the 5.9 and the 8.3 have the same bolt patern on the back of the block.
Dont quote me on this but I hope it helps.

Re: McCormick/IH hybrid? March 02, 2012 09:15AM
You are all missing the OP's point. If you build a 1066 then put maxxum sheetmetal on it, It is still an IH-CaseIH tractor. No different than putting magnum sheetmetal on it. Then you can put whatever paint and decals on it. As long as it is registered as a mx1?? Case Ih its all good!

Re: McCormick/IH hybrid? March 02, 2012 03:04PM
most who know what they are truely lookin @ will say componet or another 7o rear who cares bout the sheet metal ? or aluminum lol

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009