water injection tips March 01, 2012 01:37PM
Is there a chart or something that will tell me how much water im using during a run based on the tip size and pressure? I am using enderle alcohol tips, and someone told me there was a chart you could use to figure it out but not sure where to fine it. Also these tips seem to drip alot of water after the run, is there better tip out there to use or are these what most people use? Thanks for the help.

Re: water injection tips March 01, 2012 03:39PM
Spray Systems
Page 3. GD type nozzle.

Re: water injection tips March 01, 2012 03:43PM
Max Simpson has a chart like this for his system, but I am not sure if he uses enderle nozzles and orifices (orifii?). On the tractor I work on, it has fanning nozzles that screw into the crossover pipe, then each nozzle has an orifice with an o-ring and a number stamped on it. If that sounds like what you have, his chart may be correct.

Simpson's Performance 517-543-3467

Re: water injection tips March 02, 2012 03:41AM
Arthur, that sounds like exactly what we have too. Can I find that chart online somewhere or do I need to call simpson performance to get it? Thanks again

Re: water injection tips March 02, 2012 03:50PM
Waterman,

If you have enough pressure Enderle nozzzle's will work just fine. I sell a system that uses them and would be glad to help you figure out how much water you are using. I do need a few more details, so feel free to email or call.

Nick Paulson
Paulson Performance Machining
Ogden, Iowa
ppmengineering@live.com
(515) 491-4270
www.paulsonperformance.com
www.facebook.com/paulsonperformancemachining

Re: water injection tips March 25, 2013 06:47AM
Anyone use the spray system nozzles? How about the GD vs LND? Looks like the LND has a finer mist

Re: water injection tips March 02, 2012 04:58PM
I had to call Max and have him fax me the chart. After reading the other posts here though, I'm not sure if the nozzles on this tractor came from him though. The chart from Simpson is specifically for "cc's of water in 15 seconds", but the jet sizes listed are numbers. I'm not sure if the numbers equate to orifice diameter (#24 = .024") or if they refer to an alcohol flowrate, or something else. You'd have to call and ask these questions, Simpson doesn't have a website.

Re: water injection tips March 02, 2012 06:56AM
Did you look on Enderle website they have a chart there.

Re: water injection tips March 02, 2012 09:21AM
Max uses a dish shaped nozzle in combination with a "spinner". These parts do not have "O" rings. Just estimate the amount of time your system is "on", put your nozzles in a 5 gal pail with plastic over the top, or use a large plastic bag tied around the line, run your pump for the correct amount of time, and measure the water you have, multiply times the number of nozzles----and make your own chart.

Re: water injection tips March 02, 2012 09:31AM
Enderle nozzles don't give as fine of mist as max's nozzles or the stainless spray systems nozzle. Have tried all 3.

Re: water injection tips March 02, 2012 10:09AM
Someone told me that they use whip out enterprise tips. Are they any different from the max simpson tips? If so which is better, bc from what im understanding, max simpson has the best? Also our water injection pump is driven off the crank by a belt, tractor is not together, not sure how to do the bag thing then. I would really just like to try to fine a chart, I cant find enderle's website, when i google it, other companies that sell there stuff comes up. Sorry for the ignorance, but i have no idea how much water I am using, and if there is a better set up out there. Thanks

Re: water injection tips March 02, 2012 10:25AM
Flow charts for alcohol doesn't work,your system should make at least 800 psi.the achohol charts are not using that high of pressures.best way is like Max fan said and measure volume in a set amount of time.that's what the Simpson setup recommends as well

Re: water injection tips March 02, 2012 01:48PM
Use misting or fogger nozzels available from mcmaster carr. They have a chart for those nozzels . chuck up a pump in a drill press or Mill and plumb it up with a nozzel and pressure gauge ,do some expermenting with different types of nozzels and pressures. Hold a pipe the same size as your crossover pipe near the nozzel . you will be surprized at the difference in nozzels

Re: water injection tips March 03, 2012 12:49AM
Max Simpson has a chart for his nozzles and spinners, but you need to know your water pressure. If you use his complete system, nozzles, pump, and water valve, then you can use his chart also. He has taken the time to measure how much water flows through his nozzles with different tips, spinners, and water pressures.

Re: water injection tips March 04, 2012 04:18AM
Just wondering why you have not been measuring the water you were using by the amout it took to refile the tank. This and pressure recording (manually with a gauge and check valve or with computer) is important in finding a problem before it melts and runs in the oil pan. On a new set up always go heavy on water Max has the best system but you will be guessing at your total water because his chart is set up for testing at 3000 rpm trust me go with your gut feeling i built a new tractor and melt the pistons in 5 secs acording to the computer 5800.00 plus the boost blowed the seal out of the sigma and balloned the oil pan that has a an-20 breather in it OUCH! ps this was a 4 charger diesel, less extreme class will be more forgiving than 245 psi boost, 5800 rpms, 13.2 quarts of water, 1500 cc of fuel, and 2 cans of either.

Re: water injection tips March 25, 2013 02:08PM
Holy Smokes

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009