who makes the best velocity stack March 01, 2012 01:45PM
Who makes the best guillotine with velocity stack? Also how much hp can you expect to gain with one on?

Re: who makes the best velocity stack March 02, 2012 04:35AM
k&k 608 295 6156
15-50 hp depending on class

Re: who makes the best velocity stack March 02, 2012 10:12AM
I pull in a 466ci class, 3X4 turbo class. Any ideas how much it would help and the cost of one?

Re: who makes the best velocity stack March 02, 2012 11:41AM
Here's a picture of the one I'm building. It's 6 inch small end to 11 inch large end and includes the guillotine style air shutoff. I can build these in 4 and 5 inch also. If anyone is interested let me know I can build you one for $350 shipped. Thanks, Ray 319 404 5146

Re: who makes the best velocity stack March 02, 2012 02:33PM
If it does not have a rolled / radius on the big end you are leaving air flow on the table. 12 to 18 hp gain on the dyno for super farm is about normal with a GOOD velocity stack. Modified $20 blast gates work great to get through most tech. inspections, pull the cable and it slams shut when the engine is not running= pass. The question is will that sheet metal gate warp and hang up when a plunger hangs up at full throttle, its your engine and your $ you are gambling with. Really look in the builders section you will find what you are looking for.

Re: who makes the best velocity stack March 02, 2012 03:16PM
Just curious how do you know the stainless sheet metal slide will warp and hang up? How thick of material will it take not to hang up? Have you tested the rolled radius on the dyno versus the non-rolled? Thanks, Ray

Something to think about also is what if the turbo seal get sucked out and it starts to draw crankcase air? (I think a D21 SS in Ohio did a few years ago) The air shutoff is to smother the fire until the main fuel shutoff can be pulled right?

Re: who makes the best velocity stack March 02, 2012 05:03PM
I can verify that on a flowbench, a garden tractor carb with a velocity stack with a rolled edge and a radius will draw air from all the way around the edge of the stack. A pitot tube doesn't lie.

Re: who makes the best velocity stack March 02, 2012 11:44PM
Google (David Vizard Ram Pipe Shape) that will be a start, read some of the turbo ricer boards they love velocity stacks,CAD and dynos. Most flow benchs can not pull enough to really test a good 5'' velocity stack, but you can get good idea of what does and does not work. Take the gate / slide out and place it on a couple blocks 5'' apart with a dial indicator in the middle lower /edge and see how much force it takes to deflect the gate. Do some math on your engine ci, rpm, v.e. and see what you come up with. Clue: valve seat pressure

Re: who makes the best velocity stack March 03, 2012 01:34AM
k&k gate flows 70 cfm better than anything flowed.think they run about $1100

Re: who makes the best velocity stack March 03, 2012 05:50AM
K&K gate is worth the money...picked up 42 hp on the dyno...much better then invest a $400 gate and losing 42horse

Re: who makes the best velocity stack March 03, 2012 06:27AM
Who and where is K&K performance?

Re: who makes the best velocity stack March 03, 2012 08:11AM
Who has a flow bench large enough to test 5 and 6 inch velocity stacks, I need the phone number. A 42 hp gain just by bolting a velocity stack / gate on with no other changes???? 42 hp by putting one on and then tuning on the dyno I might belive.

Re: who makes the best velocity stack March 03, 2012 09:28AM
Check out Show-Me Performance on the builders page or call mark @ 314-372-1999

Re: who makes the best velocity stack March 03, 2012 01:40PM
brodix head guy i think

Re: who makes the best velocity stack March 03, 2012 03:34PM
To get any horse power gain is there some sort of standard. My question is how big of turbo do you need to see results, a small profarm turbo for example? How close to the turbo must it be, can I pull the air from the front of my tractor while the turbo sits on top of the motor? Last my profarm is a 3000 rpm tractor, will it do any good?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,778, Posts: 229,951, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,035.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009