Lincoln NE pull March 15, 2012 11:18AM
whats everyones picks for the pull in Lincoln next week?!

. March 15, 2012 12:03PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2023 12:04PM by ST.

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 15, 2012 01:43PM
SF 1. Kavan 2. The apple 3. Red rock
Mods 1. Trueblood 2. Meet Keith Black 3. The sting
LSS 1. Wildfire 2. Hustler 3. Green Lightning

Sat.

Mods 1. Trueblood 2. Frequent Flyer 3. Meet Keith Black
LPS 1. Smokin Weid 2. Family Fued 3. Ole Black Magic
USS 1. Cokerham 2. Wiens 3. Novinger

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 15, 2012 02:15PM
Will Kavans even be there? Heard that Justin is getting married that weekend !

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 15, 2012 05:05PM
yeah Kavan's will be there. moved wedding rehearsal to Thursday night to be at the pull.

Fri.
SF- Magnum Force, Someday, Bad Apple
Mod- Meet Keith Black, Blood n Fire, Grandpa's toy
LSS- Wild Fire, Hustler, Eagle Pride

Sat.
LPS- Hart, Mullenix, Weiderholt
Mod- Meet Keith Black, Capt Hook, Frequent Flyer
USS- Big Temptation, Dominator Deere, Deere Factor

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 16, 2012 01:53AM
SF 1 kavan 2 Pedley 3 Moravec MOD 1 Urban 2 Trueblood 3 Fuhr LSS 1 Hake 2 Remmers 3 Bohaboj LIM PRO 1 Hart 2 Mullinex 3 Schottel MOD 1 Otte 2 Urban 3 Trueblood SS 1 Dominater 2 Cockerham 3 Weins

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 16, 2012 04:59AM
I had heard that Cokerham grenaded his motor in KC. Any truth to that?? If he did, is it fixed, or will it be fixed for Lincoln??

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 16, 2012 08:07AM
The Lincoln pull is EXACTLY what the midwest needed. If it is handled correctly, and given a fair shot, it could rival Louisville, Gordyville, etc. within five years. If Lucas Oil plays their cards right, it could turn into one of the best investments they ever made, other than investing in the Nebraska Bush Pullers.

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 16, 2012 01:48PM
I agree!
Good people in charge at ground zero, so the future looks bright for this event!

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 16, 2012 09:59AM
word is the Minnie MO is junk

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 17, 2012 03:49AM
I heard the moline was back together

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 17, 2012 12:19PM
Lim Pro will be a good class and the Red two comin from WI will be at the top of the class.

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 17, 2012 01:28PM
kavan will be tuff 2 beat with his indoor experience i think platte is getting to know his new tractor and pedleys prolly learned a few things about short tracks at NFMS and dont count out red rock

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 17, 2012 03:55PM
Not goin to be a short track 280 +

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 18, 2012 03:48AM
promotor told me 250ft to the sand pile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 18, 2012 04:00AM
According the their website the Amy Countryman Arena is 359' long with 339' of that being dirt.

If they only end up with a 250' track that would be pretty disappointing, 280' sounds more in the ballpark.

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 18, 2012 04:31AM
Subtract 35' for sled.
Subtract how ever much footprint the concrete barrier and sand pile has (20' ??), doesn't leave much.
I remember when they had pulls in the Unidome in Cedar Falls, they had the track at an angle in the arena to get the 300' , so maybe they could consider that.

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 18, 2012 05:59AM
yeah.... pretty sure the promoter told me around 280!

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 19, 2012 01:18PM
Guys...Its gonna be a decent sized track. I do know that they're turning the track around from the normal orientation that they pull with the NATPA to accomodate for the smoke tube.

240, 250, 275, 300? My guess is towards 250-275 figuring for sled/runoff/sand/barriers. Any way you look at it, it should be a good weekend to go pulling. I'll be there noon friday!

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 19, 2012 04:01PM
Is there enough parking lot with paving or gravel to park all the haulers?

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 19, 2012 04:09PM
Considering the they have had over 200 horse trailers fit in the parking lot along with hook ups for their campers i think they'll be ok

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 19, 2012 10:43PM
did the bad mammajamma get sold?

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 20, 2012 12:41AM
yes

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 20, 2012 09:52AM
Darn, I loved watching that tractor. Where did it go? What plans do the Meints' have going forward?

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 20, 2012 06:00PM
Anyone know why Hoffmans aren't pulling at Lincoln?

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 21, 2012 12:44AM
Is the mod class for HEMI's only cause thats all the bush has and the rules suck because one 572 ci blown chevy or anything else will not run with a HEMI

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 21, 2012 01:02AM
Rules have been the same since 1998 I think..... Been a lot of combination's win the points that were not hemi's in the past years.

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 21, 2012 01:54AM
I could be wrong but i believe there are only 2 hemis.

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 21, 2012 03:49AM
3 hemis
2 turbines
1 allison
a couple twins and a triple

I could be wrong, it did happen 3 times in 2011, but I think this is pretty accurate.

sean

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 21, 2012 06:12AM
The Outlaws are three chevy's to two hemi's so how can one chevy run against one hemi ? It can't!!!

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 21, 2012 10:44AM
Randy likes being a big duck in a small pond. Too much competition in Outlaws running heads up with other hemis.

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 21, 2012 01:05PM
Over the years when randy pulled outlaw he proved to be very competitive at that level of pulling, growing up in tractor pulling I would have to say he is one of the hall of fame pullers in many peoples point of view, and is an asset to any organization. I know he is the type of guy who's gonna stick up for what is right, not what betters his pulling vehicle or his pocketbook unlike 95% of every member that pulls outlaw. Considering how many people who competed at a high level were cut back by rule changes when they were completly legal at the time they were competing. (i.e Longnecker "river rat" Dolmanns "huricane allis" meints "bad mamma jamma 6030") So whos the big duck in the small pond now? Whoever is still standing around and getting their butts kicked at the national level like at louisville or refuse to pull anywhere but outlaws because the rules don't allow their tractor to be at a high level of competition. That excludes many of the sf guys who hold their own nationally. thank you randy for being who you are and so glad to have you be a member of the Nebraska Bush Pullers.

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 22, 2012 05:53AM
Good Luck all pullers

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 22, 2012 06:07AM
Yes good luck to all the Pullers & good luck to the event itself! I'm counting the the hours til tomorrow night action! Can't wait! Oh and back to Mr Urban I've watched him pull his 2wd's & now his Mod & he studies the track better than anyone else! A true asset to the sport!

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 24, 2012 02:34PM
Randy is one of the best guys out there he built me my first Hemi for my two wheel drive has helped me alot and always treated me like a brother anybody bashing him is a jerk

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 22, 2012 08:03AM
Could not be further from the truth. In his last year or two, Urban was top 3 in a high percentage of the 2WD hooks he pulled with the Outlaws and everybody knows it.

Adding the "Urban" name to the list of Bush pullers was big for that organization. The "Urban" name is one of the biggest names in Nebraska pulling today.

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 22, 2012 02:41PM
Heard tonight there's a few tractors on the competitors list that are not ready to pull this weekend. One being the Smokin Weed tractor.

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 22, 2012 11:06PM
Agreed that Randy had top notch 2WD trucks with the Outlaws. You could easily say they were Grand National Caliber. He has been a big asset in the rebuilding of the Bush mod class. I look for this class to be even stronger and more diverse this season. Good luck to everyone in Lincoln this weekend!

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 23, 2012 01:37AM
Randy came and ran some NTPA region 5 events also, always placed well. (both trucks top 5).
His 2wd program was without question GN caliber equipment.
When we pulled against Randy, it was always what we compared our outcome to.(you would have thought we won GN championship when we finished 2nd to him at Spencer, and his "other" truck was 3rd.)(good job Chuck!)
Very nice guy with excellent crew!
I think where he is pulling has more to do with his work schedule and time available than wanting to be the big fish.
Urbans are an asset to any group they choose to compete with.
In my opinion.

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 23, 2012 03:43PM
Well night one is in the books. Awesome run show these guys and gals have it figured out. Nice folks here in Nebraska coming from a Wisconsin spectator. Mod class was held tight yet they still put on a power show. (Meet Keith Black) took 1st
Thank you

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 25, 2012 12:10PM
I think blood n fire should have won sat night pull, @#$%& techs

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 23, 2012 05:00PM
Maybe

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 24, 2012 04:27PM
Good show! What was Bowdie's problem? Looked pissed.

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 24, 2012 05:03PM
lose a weight, get a dq

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 25, 2012 04:09AM
Only if you lose the weight under a green flag and it was obviously red. Rules are rules.

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 25, 2012 06:23AM
So, fill us in on what all happened and to whom.

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 25, 2012 10:14AM
I would like to say myself and my two Kids made the trip to Nebraska for the Pull we went to both big shows. Watched a few hrs of Div tractors on Saturday. No complaints here we had a awesome time. We pull in Wisconsin, and we watched in Nebraska that was a change from being in the pits to watching from the stands and it was nice having the option to have a fewBeer while enjoying the show with a awesome bunch of folks from the great state of Nebraska. I will confirm my earlier point. This was a well thought out smooth running show from a spectator point of view, as well as a visitor..... Nebraska has some awesome iron...
Thank you!

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 25, 2012 11:12AM
Im from Nebraska and thank you for the positive words! I too thought that the pull was well organized. A lot of hooks in 2 days. I look for the pull to grow in the future. I even heard that there may be a new bigger building built as soon as next year. Kudos to the Bush Pullers and the Promoters! Job well done!Smiling

Re: Lincoln NE pull March 25, 2012 01:21PM
This year I have been to Louisville,Kansas City and Lincoln far and above I enjoyed Lincoln the best for several reasons,the facility was excellent plenty of parking,the pull didn't last too long as much as I like pulling a 3 - 4 hour show is long enough,2 day's worked out just fine,the class choice's put on a really nice show,the motel's were priced reasonable,the ticket price didn't hold any one up people got their money's worth,and the weather was beautiful,if I had to choose next winter on only one show to attend it would be lincoln.Now I am not a fan of antique pulling but I also enjoyed watching some of them,the idea of three track's made them much more interesting and going from the pit's in to watch them for a while was just fine.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,749, Posts: 229,894, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,088, Posts: 225,997.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM