Cornhusker Classic March 24, 2012 11:05PM
I just wanted to give everyone that worked their butt off at the Cornhusker Classic a big round of applause for all your efforts. The pull was fantastic. We really enjoyed both days. I thought there was a good turn out of vehicles, sponsors, and fans for your first year. Hope there are many more of this event to come.

On a more sour note: I can't say how disappointed I was to sit in the stands yesterday and watch one of the worst displays of attitude that I can remember seeing in a long, long, time. I want to tip my hat to the tech official Kurt Schanou for keeping his composer while a puller gave him a huge butt chewing. I thought for sure there would of been a lot better ways to handle the situation then that puller decided to handle what ever he was so up-set about. I have been around pulling a long time and I can't remember the last time I watched a puller jump all over an official like that puller did and not get booted from the arena or organization for un sportsmanlike conduct. There were sponsors, children, and many others sitting around me wondering what the heck was wrong. I can't believe no one jumped in and directed that puller off the track. I also can't believe Kurt didn't decide to deck him at any point. I thought for sure if there is one person to not cross it would be him, but Kurt handled it as good as and as calm and complexed as possible. For that I think he deserves some praise today, because I can tell you I was close to many who thought this was going to get a lot more ugly then it did. Thank you Kurt for being professional and I am sorry that you had to take the butt chewing that you took, from a fans perspective that looked ugly.

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 25, 2012 01:43AM
Who was this guy? I think everyone needs to know who it was. Next year the group just needs to send back his app. And maybe the rest of the indoor promoters could work together to give this guy the winter off.

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 25, 2012 02:04AM
Great work Dale,Mark,Terry and the rest of the crew. Sat. went smooth running 3 sleds and 400 hooks. Thanks

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 25, 2012 02:48AM
Anybody have the results from the mod class on saturday. They arenot on website.

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 25, 2012 02:58AM
Ya gene trueblood should have got first, thats all I know sweet job techs, ur so cool

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 25, 2012 02:37AM
It was a very well run tractor pull. And it do it in your first year and indoors no less, I was impressed. I want to give the MVP award to the man running the telehandler. I was amazed at how well he kept things moving, especially lining the diesels up in the warm up area. X-Factor sled crew did a great job as well. Missed weight last night once, but made a perfect adjustment with the last tractor putting it in the sand to win on the last hook of the night. It was a treat to see so many different tractors coming in and running so well. It shows too how nice an indoor pull can be when no organizations have hooks going on. You can really get a great turnout.

As for the poor sportsmanship, I don't know what the situation was, but I have two words for that puller in question: "That's tractor pulling." Things don't always go your way.

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 25, 2012 02:53AM
For one do any of you know why the puller was upset in the first place? There was a pulloff between 2 tractors, they let these tractors run already once tonight, SO THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN LEGAL FOR THE PULL OFF! But they wasnt, here is the deal, they both pulled the same distance, they both had something wrong with there tractor, they should have just letthrm run and made it official, or they should have disqualified them and gave first to 3rd place, but they didnt even give them a chance, ya its bs I think, everyone else would have pissed to so dont even start bashing! K thanks

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 25, 2012 03:35AM
small pond stay out not enough room for competition

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 25, 2012 03:42PM
Was there any new iron there in any classes? Any pictures?

Cornhusker Classic Results March 25, 2012 03:45AM
If anyone is interested Results for the Cornhusker Classic are up....

Dan Dunham

Cornhusker Classic Videos March 26, 2012 06:45AM
Videos of this weekends Cornhusker Classic are now available on our website, www.whatssmokin.net, or you can order by phone, 309-353-7034. Thanks Klint

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 26, 2012 06:43AM
ken from fremont why dont you tell everyone who the puller was if you know his name or what tractor he was driving

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 26, 2012 08:09AM
because Ken from Fremont doesn't know what he is talking about....just trying to start a fire on here. kind of like you are trying to do by prying on the fact, so modgirl if you know who it was why don't YOU just say?? cause that is what you are trying to accomplish here also....STARTING A FIRE!! I was there and do not recall any pullers having any argument with the track officials. I thought it was a GREAT show and look forward to going back next year!! Everyone needs to remember that emotions run high in this sport and ALL of pullers are very comptative. Thanks Nebraska Bush Pullers and Lancaster Event Center for a great pull!!

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 26, 2012 08:36AM
My husband and I thought the pull was great with some really great iron showing up. About as good of limitedPro/4:1 class as we've ever seen. WOMAN POWER---GO Connie GO!!!!! Track was long enough to let the tractors RUN. Unlimited tractors were IMPRESSIVE especially by the one deere and moline!!!! What a way to end the show!!! Bring em' back boys and we'll be there with the kids. Kudo's to the guys for running running a smooth show!!!

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 26, 2012 08:54AM
I also watched both nights. Excellent event awesome iron. Officials made good calls. This sport is so exciting cause you never know if you the puller has made all the perfect choices and decisions for your hook. Someone has to enforce the rules and make decisions. That's why we do what we do.

Re: Cornhusker Classic Mod Girl & Fun Tim March 26, 2012 12:41PM
My apologies, I wasn't trying to start anything. My apologies. I must of saw things different. I will say that that as a fan it was an enjoyable pull. Our group really enjoyed the pull and thought that you pullers should be proud of what was accomplished this year for a first year event. I just happen to know Kurt and felt that it wasn't right how the situation was handled. That's all. End of story.

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 26, 2012 09:53AM
was just asking wasnt there he made it sound like something happen just curious that was all

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 26, 2012 10:53AM
modgirl your first post showed a email reply as Penny Trueblood. And you were there. Unless someone hacked your account. lol

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 26, 2012 12:26PM
no it is not me i dont know who did it I was there i dont usually post anything on here but not happy that someone has in my name

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 26, 2012 12:33PM
besides I have better things to do than post on here what is the point

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 26, 2012 03:21PM
some people's stupidity makes me laugh Grinning

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 26, 2012 09:46PM
as bad as i wanted to see you beat randy in the pull off...i would not have wanted a rod to come out of the side and hurt someone....WOULD of you???? i think you should have knowed the rules too...hope to see your tractors at bush again...nice machines

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 27, 2012 12:37AM
I'm not sure what all happened other than Bowdie being upset about something. All I hope for from a promoters standpoint is that all is good & the Mod class will be ok. I'm looking forward to watching them pull a few times this Summer!

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 27, 2012 01:32PM
So, Bowdie, what was up?

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 27, 2012 02:44PM
If you don't know what the issue was, then leave it alone. There are more positive things to talk about. For a first time indoor, I thought it went pretty smooth, only to get better. Just wish the 4.1 LPS could have had all 23 tractors there that had signed up. I know things happen as far as parts etc goes, I was a no show, sorry. The difference in rules between NBPI/PPL and the Outlaws may not be as much different in horsepower as once thought by some, look at the results. I know, can't judge much from one pull. Can't wait to go next year. Darin

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 27, 2012 03:42PM
What suprised me the most is only 1 Nebraska tractor in the 4.1 class. Nebraska Bush better get the same rules and hook back up with Outlaws or it is going to be a sad summer for the promoters and fans. The other tractors are not going to show this summer when they have other pulls that are going on combined with high fuel and the low Nebraska Bush payout. What happen to the big block john deere that stired all the stuff up and pushed for PPL.

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 27, 2012 04:11PM
Im still here, actually building a component ss to run with the bush. and how many outlaw tractors that run some nebraska bush wern't there, a grand total of two....mean farmer and farmers foreplay, whooopie, itd be nice to have them there, but without the PPL influence it would be a show similar to diller last year, so why not open it up to more then one set of rules so the class has at least a chance at 8-10 tractors it wouldn't normally have.

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 27, 2012 10:36PM
There isnt anything keeping outlaw tractors from running with bush and in case u didnt know there arent very may nebraska 4.1's period

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 28, 2012 01:40AM
Maybe instead of following it would be better to "step out of the box" and try something to better yourself. I'd think you'd do what it takes to bring in more tractors. Outlaws have some good rules but they also have some that absolutely make no sense at all. Kudos to the Bush boys!

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 28, 2012 02:45AM
I counted two nebraska 4.1s janke and mumm

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 28, 2012 02:48AM
What rules does ne bush have that excludes the outlaw tractors in 4.1?

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 28, 2012 05:52AM
The PPL deal came about because Chris and Randy and a few others have there problem with outlaws. Every club has it's troubles and rules that make no sence and Bush has more than there share of that also. If the Bush 4.1 class was as great as they claim Chris would still be in it. He pushed nettpa to start a pro stock class then never pulled in it. They say think out side the box but what box is it your's our somebody elses. If you cant support outlaw pulls with your equipment why would they want to come pull with you. There are alot of people that could care less about bush being ppl. There would be alot of tractors show at there indoor pull if they where still in line with outlaws and nettpa and had rules that would allow more vehicles to hook. Like 10Pro 4x4mod or 4x4prostock or the big diesel supers and the bigger mods like outlaw runs.

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 28, 2012 06:03AM
PPL Did not come about because of members being upset with outlaws. PPL is a sponsor of Nebraska Bush Pullers. Just as outlaw's have their sponsors. Thats it- Plan and simple. Every person has a right to pull with what ever organization that choose. Grow up. Pull where you want, where it fits your schedule.

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 28, 2012 06:20AM
So once again what rule is keeping the outlaw tractors away from pulling bush. If they don't want to that is their choice.

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 28, 2012 06:21AM
Hand Up... I'm sorry but what the hell are you talking about? What fairy tale land are you living in
I would like to thank Dale, Melissa and the rest of the gang with Husker pull promotions and Bungart's for putting a good weekend of pulling

Brian Fuhr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2012 06:54AM by brianfuhr.

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 28, 2012 06:25AM
The show was fantastic I didn't miss the trucks one bit

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 28, 2012 07:51AM
Great Show!! Great Facility! Damn good iron and I'll be back to watch it grow!!!

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 28, 2012 09:27AM
Tires and turbo i believe.

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 28, 2012 09:34AM
ChrisK... Got that wrong. Outlaw rules prohibit Bush 4.1's from pulling Outlaw. Outlaws can't run HP's, Bush can. Outlaws have to run a certain turbo, Bush doesn't. Outlaws don't allow BBJD, Bush does. ect, ect.

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 28, 2012 10:11AM
Hmm I was in Lincoln & Janke ran right with the other 4.1's! It was good to see that he doesn't care what the other cry babies think! He must truely love the sport! Try being a poor fan that can only go watch a pull! Those couple of Deere's that were no shows need to understand how lucky they are to be able to pull & quit being babies! It was a great pull & time. The 4.1's from Missouri are great tractors & competitors.

Re: Cornhusker Classic (to fan2012) March 29, 2012 01:00AM
To fan2012: The two deere's from Missouri that didnt show REALLY Wanted to be there!! Parts just didn't come in time. I promise you if invited back they will be there next year!!

Re: Cornhusker Classic (to fan2012) March 29, 2012 02:14AM
I believe he was refering to two deeres from nebraska that didn't sign up

Re: Cornhusker Classic (to fan2012) March 29, 2012 03:44AM
My bad, When he/she stated "no shows" I assumed he/she was referring to the two john deere's signed up for the class that didn't make it.

Re: Cornhusker Classic (to fan2012) March 29, 2012 05:16AM
Yes I was referring to the Nebraska guys! Hopefully the Missouri tractors will run a lot of Bush pulls this Summer. Mix them in with the Nebraska guys that run Bush & you will have a great show.

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 28, 2012 10:28AM
Oops. Misread post. Sorry

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 28, 2012 02:26PM
Correct me if I am wrong. Outlaws have their rules that's fine. But ne bush, ppl, nw mo, mstpa, ntpa, itpa, badger state and probably some I forgot all have the same rules. So who needs to change their rules?

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 28, 2012 01:32PM
On behalf of the Nebraska Bush Pullers, we would like to THANK everyone who organized, worked, helped, participated, and kept everything rolling!! I have received a huge amount of positive comments from fans and participants!! THANKS AGAIN and looking forward to next year!!!

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 28, 2012 02:44PM
PO, I second that. I didn't mean to start a cat fight about the 4.1 class, just tried to quietly make a statement about the differences between the orginazations. If somebody didn't get it, when Janke got second place, thats a true outlaw tractor, Congrats to him. The supposed difference in horsepower between the rules may or may not be true. One thing is for sure, it takes about a dozen other things to run good. So, I hope this may bring some light the subject that the NBPI has rules for the 4.1 LPS class that allows BOTH Outlaw tractors and NBPI/PPL to pull in the same class and it was proven in Lincoln that they can run together and anybody with their ducks in a row can place VERY respectfuly. This crap about who should follow who's rules is dead in the water. I hope this makes a few of you think a little. I wish the best to all who is going to pull with all orginizations this year. Darin

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 28, 2012 02:59PM
Sorry for the missprint, Janke got third not second.

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 28, 2012 03:55PM
Kudos to you Darin give em hell!

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 29, 2012 02:15AM
Janke, did he have a PPL turbo or outlaw turbo, did he have a ppl ijection pump on or Outlaw pump
we may never know because it was not looked at kinda like a 9000 RPM Hemi WITH NO SIDE PANEL!

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 29, 2012 02:21AM
What does that matter?

Re: Cornhusker Classic March 30, 2012 01:24PM
This is the first time that I've checked out this feedback site. It amazes me how people these days can say negative things about other people when they don't have to sign there name! Crazy! I go to both Outlaws & Bush pulls & we as fans are lucky to have both! The pull in Lincoln last weekend was as close to perfect as you can get. To everyone from top to bottom that helped with the Cornhusker Classic Congrats it was a great time! People out there that won't put your true name on what you post need to grow a set...be a man or woman if you have a opinion! Can't wait for pulling season!Smiling

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,733, Posts: 229,866, Members: 3,333.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM