Badger State LLSS tractors January 18, 2009 11:49AM
congrats to Larry, Mark, and Kevin for a great showing at Gordyville. i would have liked to see Code Blue, and Little Angry finish better, but it was not to be this year. great effort from all the guys. good job!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Badger State LLSS tractors January 18, 2009 12:10PM
Looks to me like BSTP dominated

Re: Badger State LLSS tractors January 18, 2009 12:36PM
i have to say i enjoy the light class the most. the variety of colors is a nice change from the red and green parade. i expected sweet 16 finish a little better. he clearly has the power to get the job done, just did'nt quite get there.

Re: Badger State LLSS tractors January 18, 2009 01:06PM
There are many with enough horsepower to get there.Thats why that class is so competitive.Looks to me like he got there.There was 14 tractors behind him Thursday night.

Re: Badger State LLSS tractors January 18, 2009 03:22PM
i heard that was going to be another oliver out this year, 1850 i think. anybody know much about it??

Re: Badger State LLSS tractors January 18, 2009 03:47PM
i talked to him this weekend; hoping to have it out for 09 season.

Re: Badger State LLSS tractors January 18, 2009 04:14PM
the 1850 used a perkins, correct?? if someone is really building a perkins, it will prove to be a mistake. the perkins is a good engine in stock applications, but is the worst possible choice for pulling. i helped a guy work on one and they simply will not perform, waste of time.

Re: Badger State LLSS tractors January 18, 2009 05:27PM
you should'nt make unqualified assumptions until you know the facts. first off, just because you could'nt make one perform does not mean someone else cannot. secondly, any engine can perform given the correct attention in the right places. and lastly, you must not know the two guys who are doing the work or you may change your opinion. you will look a long time to find guys more determined on oliver performance than those two guys. i think they deserve credit for taking the challenge. granted, nobody in recent years has worked with a perkins 6 cylinder; at least to my knowledge, but that really does'nt mean anything. it may not be easy, but it probably was'nt easy to get a waukesha engine to run like sweet 16 does either. personally, i'm looking forward to see a perkins run in that class. it will be interesting to see the results.

Re: Badger State LLSS tractors January 19, 2009 12:24AM
The Light limited class has the best color show and how the guys get the different combinatins all to run so close together. Too bad the idiots at the all mighty NTPA could not get thier red and green glasses off and see the aray of color brought to the track. I am no expert but that class has to have numbers not too far behind super farm accross the country? Great Show LLSS!!

Re: Badger State LLSS tractors January 19, 2009 03:08AM
Thanks for saying they are a waste of time.It's bad enough trying to keep up with a Waukesha now after that statement I'm sure the Perkins will not be given up on until it is competitive.That's all they need is more drive to prove people wrong!The owner might have to go on a diet though!Start doing your exercises Aaron, your starting to let yourself go.

Re: Badger State LLSS tractors January 19, 2009 06:24AM
sorry if what i said offends you but what's true is true. one look at that motor should be proof enough. the guy building it must be a idiot. a perkins in that class will NEVER compete.

Re: Badger State LLSS tractors January 19, 2009 06:46AM
If you werent so narrow minded, you would be able to see there is more than one version of a 354 to get parts from, better parts. keep that tunnel vision you have though, some one needs to keep places like Hypermax in business!! LOL

Re: Badger State LLSS tractors January 19, 2009 07:49AM
That's what is interesting about the class. What some people will do to make something run. It is a great class.

Re: Badger State LLSS tractors January 19, 2009 07:51AM
Hey Sully how do you reply to a post and not have it end at the bottom of the list?

Re: Badger State LLSS tractors January 19, 2009 08:09AM
Mark, I agree... All you need to do is is tell one of these bull headed Badger State guys " it can be done" next thing you know...after a few hangovers, you have a competitive tractor racer. Just look a the LLSS class, there is Pea green, Off green, Off white, Black, Orange, Sky blue, and even red and orange. they all kinda run. Just wait till someone says a Kubota will not work!

Re: Badger State LLSS tractors January 19, 2009 08:33AM
A Kubota won't work!And pea green?Common.I like to call it lime vodka green.

Re: Badger State LLSS tractors January 19, 2009 08:55AM
kubota would probably work better than a perkins.

Re: Badger State LLSS tractors January 19, 2009 02:34PM
I would rather run a waukesha but I would take a perkins aslong as its in a Oliver, bring in the off colors!!

Re: Badger State LLSS tractors January 19, 2009 11:05PM
you think perkins are junk and he's an idiot for building one?? why not make a list of your great achievements here for all of us to see??

Re: Badger State LLSS tractors January 22, 2009 04:35PM
i've read your posts: you not so bright. there is a perkins out here that runs what we call mod hot farm 8500# and it runs really good and it is very competetive with the boys. if the right people are working on 1850, a few eyebrows will raise up. that motor is very capable of running as good as anything else. maybe better from what i've seen. better keep your eyes open dummy.

Re: Badger State LLSS tractors January 19, 2009 06:07AM
I noticed a couple of Iowa tractors that looked pretty good also.

Re: Badger State LLSS tractors January 19, 2009 03:46PM
Yeah, Alan sure had an impressive run on fri, too bad they switched up the drivers and couldn't balance it sat nite. It was nice to see Darrin lay down some nice pulls right footed!

Re: Badger State LLSS tractors September 27, 2012 07:49AM
Anyone see who won the class this year?

Where you at wrencher? September 27, 2012 12:38PM
Remember what wrencher said."he must be an idiot to build oneThat motor will never run".Hmmm....glad someone brought this up from 2009!Congrats Aaron on you points title!Now please come on here wrencher and tell the world how this motor will not run.Looks like it ran pretty good to me.

Re: Where you at wrencher? September 27, 2012 01:04PM
Mark H
Remember what wrencher said."he must be an idiot to build oneThat motor will never run".Hmmm....glad someone brought this up from 2009!Congrats Aaron on you points title!Now please come on here wrencher and tell the world how this motor will not run.Looks like it ran pretty good to me.

Congrads Aaron 2012 BSTP LLSS Champion, sounds good doesn't it.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009