Thumbs UpMy Opinion - Gordyville 2009Smiling January 19, 2009 05:16AM
The Midwest Winter Nationals 2009 [aka Gordyville] was a great success. In spite of the bone chilling weather, there seemed to have been very few no-show’s. In fact the crowds on both Friday and Saturday were SRO. Let’s start with the down side of the pull;

1; The show ran a little to long, I know with that many classes and that many tractors it does take time to get everyone down the track, however I wonder if there isn't ways to speed the show up a little.

2; After the afternoon session there should be a different way to sort out the people that have an evening ticket, rather than sending everyone out into the cold. Maybe have all the fans move to one side of the arena and then letting evening ticket holders back to the other side and letting the ones without evening tickets either purchase tickets or have them leave the building. There needs to be a better process in the frigid weather.

3; I’m not really sure why they run the finals in the order they do. I’m sure they have a very good reason, however has a fan I would like the see the NTPA/Outlaw SF’s and Pro Stocks run later in the show. I have nothing against the Pro Farm or Hot Farm [in fact I enjoy them] but I do feel that a show should build from lower HP to the strongest tractors in the show.

4; I think they are taking a little too long to pull the tractors off the track. I would like to see a sliding hitch on the pull-back tractors. That way the guy driving the pull-back tractor doesn’t have to spend time trying maneuver around the sand pile, just get close enough, pull the sliding hitch into place and hookup and pull the tractor off the track. I know 30 seconds doesn’t sound like much of a savings, however when you multiply it by 100 tractors per session you’re looking at almost an hour shorter session.

Now the upside of the pull;

1; As usual Gordyville had a vast number of top quality tractors in every class. If you like smoke this is the pull for you. With over 30 hours and almost 500 hooks of nonstop pulling in a total of five sessions, there's pulling enough for even the diehard fan.

2; The announcing was outstanding. Stacy and Art do a great job not only with information, but also who’s on the “bubble” and who the leaders are. The fan is never in the dark when it comes to information. This year Miles Krieger was also behind the mike and did a great job in Carl Downs’s absence. Miles not only has that legendary Krieger voice but has a vast knowledge of pulling vehicles. A great addition to the team! When Jake and I finally left the building after the finals Stacy was still talking!

3; All the many versions of the Limited PS, LL SS and Natural SS class are always very interesting.

4; Next to the NFMS track crew the Gordyville track crew was the best I’ve ever seen, fast, efficient and consistent.

5; The track was a power track that never changed hook after hook.

6; The sled and smoke machine were once again provided by Dave Hager of Patriot Motor Sports, and once again they were dead on with their sled settings, show after show Dave and crew perform flawlessly putting on shows that are fair, fast and exciting. Dave Hager is a true legend in the sport!

7; I like to call it the “Gordyville Experience”; there’s just something about this show that I really like. Maybe it’s the mix of classes, or the number of tractors, maybe its tractors that we don’t get to see very often, I’m not really sure what it is, however I know that I always look forward to the “Gordyville” event.

If you couldn’t make Gordyville or haven’t had enough pulling yet I would recommend the “Whatssmokin” 2009 Hoosier Invitational, in Cloverdale, Indiana at the Crossroads U.S.A. 03/12/2009

Link to [www.whatssmokin.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2009 05:26AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion - Gordyville 2009Smiling January 19, 2009 07:05AM
I'm pretty sure they run the pro's early because in the past the track got too hard after several farm classes.

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion - Gordyville 2009Smiling January 19, 2009 07:37AM
C'mon Uncle Dick, aren't you being a lil harsh? After all, you had your Gay nephew there to entertain you, remember? Smiling

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
www.easternextremepulling.com
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion - Gordyville 2009Smiling January 19, 2009 08:28AM
I really enjoyed the pull. There was a ton of good iron. The track was excellent. The announcers were very informative and kept everybody up to date. I will definately be back again next year.

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion - Gordyville 2009Smiling January 19, 2009 11:08AM
Yes, another great time for all. I would like to add one observation. Respectfully, there needs to be no generators or kerosene heaters indoors. Four of the five people with me are sick from the fumes, we reason. Set up woth heat lamps or propane heaters. That is the only change I would like made and I am sure many people would agree.

Thank you

Jphn

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion - Gordyville 2009Smiling January 19, 2009 12:00PM
I agree I have gotten sick each and every time I have been their,love the pull but not worth getting sick

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion - Gordyville 2009Smiling January 19, 2009 11:58AM
You have to be kidding if you all thought the anouncers did a good job. They did talk alot but most of the information that they were spouting was either wrong or completely moronic. FARMALL 1206 tractors did not have a dt 383 engine in it. THEY did provide alot of information about tractors or drivers, but 90% of it was wrong.

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion - Gordyville 2009Smiling January 19, 2009 01:46PM
You must be joking about the annoucing staff, You try to know every stinking detail about 200 tractors and then you do the annoucing, They do a heck of a job, alot better than some of the"big time" guys at BG or Louisville.

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion - Gordyville 2009Smiling January 20, 2009 07:29AM
Stacy does a heck of a job

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion - Gordyville 2009Smiling January 20, 2009 02:05PM
So did Art.

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion - Gordyville 2009Smiling January 20, 2009 02:27PM
Theres not much Stacy doesn't know about a puller.All the other guy said was this ones a strong runner.It's the background of the pullers Stacy relays.Maybe what they do for a living,accomplishments,a fuuny story.The other guy said what???Louisville all over.I think Stacy should pair up with the other badger state announcer in Gordyville,Louisville,well heck,any tractor pull for that matter.You can keep your crowds bored to death with your choices.

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion - Gordyville 2009Smiling January 20, 2009 03:48PM
yeah opinions very, i thought Stacey was the one misstating things and and the obvious,over and over. guess they make a good pair

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion - Gordyville 2009Smiling January 20, 2009 10:39PM
Hey y'all

put this one to rest, I appreciate the compliments and take the crtics too. I would like think that we are more than 10% accurate, but then again, with all of back dating. up dating of sheetmetal, who really knows what series motor is in a tractor?
The pull was still alot of fun, and Klint and crew are already working improvements for next time.

Stacy

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion - Gordyville 2009Smiling January 21, 2009 03:40AM
Stacy,

You, Art and Miles (sp?) made a great team. I enjoyed the commentary that all of you provided.

Can I make a suggestion for those of us that are in the stands trying to take notes? With the noise of the equipment working the track, the sled backing up, and the position of the PA speakers, it's frequently difficult to hear the distances you're providing. On occassion, if you could repeat the distance for say the last 3 pullers, it would ensure that we got the information we may not have been able to hear previously over the din. Also, if you could preface the distance with a comment "And the ... goes..." for "And the distance is ...", that would ensure that you have our attention.

Again, a great pull and enjoyable announcing! Thank you for you efforts. -- Rocky

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion - Gordyville 2009Smiling January 19, 2009 12:02PM
Just wanted to say that this pulling fan really enoyed the show at Gordyville -- even though it was a little chillySmiling -- okay a lot chilly. The worst part was going to our car after the pull to leave -- that is when the wind got you. Maybe we could have valet parking -- just kidding!!!!!! Everything was great and we are glad we attended. Congratulations to all of the pullers, announces, staff and anyone else who helped put on a fabulous show.

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion - Gordyville 2009Smiling January 19, 2009 01:02PM
down side...friday shows waaay to long...also too long to wait to get equipment into pits from outside...more critical in the super cold than if it were 35 degrees outside..need better ventilation in both pits and spectator area....I know...cold out...

upside...excellant mix of equipment...plenty to see for us smoke fans...saturday made up for friday...great job of getting it together

suggestions....shorten shows...4-5 hours or maybe 75-80 hooks max per class...more seating....do not have that answer...
also critical that show starts on time...not 1/2 hour later...

otherwise....will continue to tell others to come....thanks for providing a much needed "fix" in the middle of winter

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion - Gordyville 2009Smiling January 19, 2009 02:08PM
This was the second year I attended and the show was excellent. I love the close up action and the access to the tractors and drivers, for those who spend the money to do so. Klint and the staff put on a huge event with very few people, and for that true pullin fans are greatful. For the cry babies..... You are at a TRACTOR PULL. There is going to be fumes, fire, smoke, and everything else that comes along with putting an outdoor sport indoors. Especially when it is zero outside. Also, what true tractor pulling fan has complains about watching too many hooks? I stayed till three in the morning est and loved every minute of it. I would like to commend Whats Smokin Promotions on a tremendous pull and look forward to attending for many years to come.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2009 02:51PM by scotmiller.

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion - Gordyville 2009Smiling January 19, 2009 02:25PM
Gordy was great!!!!!! And we will be back and pull again... But you alway's have that one person that like's to put things on a down turn.. The family or friend of the HIGH MAINTANCE TEAM started flipping off pullers as they where being towed back.... It really makes you proud of your team when they act like good sports.. I know that is a hard task for some.. It's great that there are alot of great people to get this a fun sport. And not left to the thows that cannot take compatiton.....

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion - Gordyville 2009Smiling January 19, 2009 02:50PM
heck, I flip off all my friends all the time. I do it as fun and they all know it. just ask the people in the chat room. are ya sure that's not what the HIGH MAINTENENCE people were doing? I mean if ya can't have any fun in life, it's not worth living.
Now if you flip off the fans then that another thing.

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion - Gordyville 2009Smiling January 19, 2009 03:23PM
I do know the difference we do the same with friends. By the look of those she flipped off this was not a friendly affiar.. Nor by her actions!!!!!! Making it very clear......

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion - Gordyville 2009Smiling January 19, 2009 03:49PM
OOOOOOOHHHHHHH, it was a she. She must not have a Smiling on her face then.

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion - Gordyville 2009Smiling January 20, 2009 01:31AM
Just to let everyone know I did do something very awful. It was to one person...I was caught up in the moment...had to much to drink, which is no excuse. I apoligized to him and a few others. This is my official apology to all of you!!! Also my team has good sportsmanship. This incident should not reflect on them. Don't hold it against me! I also am a good sport! Everyone makes mistakes!

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion - Gordyville 2009Smiling January 20, 2009 02:05AM
Then next time you should stay in the pits i was sitting right behind you when u flipped Troy off and thats bullshit! its the name of the game your gonna win and your gonna lose. You shouldnt be on here apoligizing to everyone you should apoligize to troy!

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion - Gordyville 2009Smiling January 20, 2009 02:11AM
i do believe she apologized to everybody, last i checked that would include Troy. Takes guts to apologize publicly, even more for a woman to admit wrong doing!Grinning

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion - Gordyville 2009Smiling January 20, 2009 02:14AM
Thanks!!

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion - Gordyville 2009Smiling January 20, 2009 02:13AM
Like I said before I already did right after the pull. Since you are bitter I am apologizing to you also.

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion - Gordyville 2009Smiling January 20, 2009 02:21AM
im sorry for getting upset and everything its just hard to tolerate things like that. your team did a good job and i realize that its very intense time.

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion - Gordyville 2009Smiling January 20, 2009 02:25AM
Its okay. I will take a 2nd anytime or last. Just glad it drove back on trailer! Like I said just caught up in the moment!

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion - Gordyville 2009Smiling January 20, 2009 02:30AM
yea well good luck with the rest of your year!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009