Water/meth injection for pickup? April 16, 2012 03:11AM
I'm curious about water/methanol injection in a big block V-8. I watched HorsePower on Spike, and they showed how it could give high octane performance on pump gas. But that engine was specifically built for high octane. I'm not exactly sure on the compression ratio on my engine. The previous owner ran 110 with an octane booster, but also said it runs fine on pump gas. I have been running it on just plain old farm gas. (I'm guessing 87) Honestly, I'm not sure if the higher octane helped, or if he just thought it did..... Would water/meth help? Or would I be wasting my time on an engine that will easily burn low grade gas?

Re: Water/meth injection for pickup? April 16, 2012 12:30PM
Nitrous would help!

Re: Water/meth injection for pickup? April 17, 2012 09:10AM
Yeah, NOS would help. BUT.... NOS is illegal where I would pull, water/meth injection is not. Smiling

Re: Water/meth injection for pickup? April 17, 2012 09:17AM
If i remember correctly there was a timing change and some different jet changes for water and carb. I have looked at the snow's site and it looks like they have figured out what will work with about any set up. Will it be worth the $ for the extra 40 horse. Maybe, but they had a dyno and the factory man to do all of their tuning.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,961, Members: 3,339.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,044.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009