time to build a puller April 16, 2012 07:23AM
As I scramble to get my puller finished for this season one thing came to mind is the time it takes,sometimes waiting on a certain builder to get parts finished,some projects can be done in a few weeks and some a much longer time,I wonder what is the longest time span for some projects to get completed.I don know of one puller that has waited on his engine builder for 5 years now, are their any big records out their?

Re: time to build a puller April 17, 2012 02:20PM
Thats just stupid, waiting 5 years for a motor. No builder is backed up that long, they are just screwing you around.

Re: time to build a puller April 17, 2012 03:50PM
why would you wait I bet there is more to it that the builder is telling. Like the money isn't there

Re: time to build a puller April 17, 2012 04:49PM
Do you care to share who the buider is? I bet I can guess rite on the first guess.

Re: time to build a puller April 18, 2012 08:21AM
I wont say outloud but the money is good,pre paid,just not a high priority to the builder,the builder allready has the money and everyone else comes first,many projects have a history of being long term.

Re: time to build a puller April 18, 2012 09:55AM
must not be a priority to the owner then I would have had a blood transfuision due to my blood boiling long ago

Re: time to build a puller April 18, 2012 12:13AM
Have waited over a year for parts. They ask for the money up front and get to it when they can.

Re: time to build a puller April 19, 2012 11:56AM
One thing is certain every thing should be called WASTIN TIME , do it ur self and get er dun

Re: time to build a puller April 19, 2012 01:17PM
did he tell you it was going to take that long? dont no how it can. sounds like to me if you want to go pulling you beter find someone else. thats why you dont pay in full up front.

Re: time to build a puller April 19, 2012 01:44PM
Ha how can you wait 5 years??? What I just built this winter im sure its outdated already!!!!

Re: time to build a puller April 22, 2012 12:57PM
There's a builder like that here in WI. Took 10 months for an engine (put a bunch down even though he didn't ask) and my money is good. Got it in an running.....turns out to be a boat anchor. Skirt clearance not right, scored 2 pistons, and he didn't have the front cam bushing machined properly, I had no oil to the front head (MM engine) and what stopped me was the spun rear main crank bearing. He said bring it back I'll get you going......5 months later and I'm having a meltdown. He did get it done, but now I'm still not getting oil pressure to the front head. I get some that bubbles up but no pressure. This is the first and last engine this guy is doing for me!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,669, Posts: 229,758, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,075, Posts: 225,934.

Our newest member JD_8520