jd 4630 April 22, 2012 12:10PM
wondering if any one could help me out have a jd 4630 that pulls in 13,500 12mph class
the only thing done 2 the motor is 55 series intake and have the pump turned up
just wondering what is the best way to get the most out of it by adjusting the pump and mabey a few other odds and end thanks 4 ne help

Re: jd 4630 April 22, 2012 03:31PM
Do you maintain 12 mph now or go under at the end and or is running out of power at the end. You ned to give more info on how it is preforming curantly.

Re: jd 4630 April 23, 2012 10:31AM
as it sits rit now it goes about 11mph to about half track then starts loosing speed and eventually runs out of power and kills it there should be a way to get a lil more out of it like i said the only thing done to it 55series intake mmanifold and fuel is turn the whole way up ne help i would be thankfull

Re: jd 4630 April 23, 2012 10:58AM
Put an electric fuel pump on it and a regulator on outlet of injection pump. Regulator like in a p-pump dodge cummins works great and this will let you build and maintain around 60 psi. You are probably droping down to under 15 psi or less now when it loads hard at the end of track. If you get bigger injectors this would help also, around 4 hole 22 or 24 would work. I dont know your rules but a 3lm-466 charger would work great with this settup. And depending on rules water injection would help and advancing your timming some would help. I have a electric pump with hoses and fittings I can sell and a adapter spacer for the charger laying in shop. We went to a fuel pump that mounts on the engine so we dont need the electric one. We did all this on a 4430 and ran 16.5 mph with 20.8 and never ran out of power in that gear. And if you do this you will need to tie all four clutches together or is the main clutch in a 4630 already 3 not sure but the 2 disk in our 4430 would not hold this setup with the pressure set at 210 psi we had to go to four and had no problems at all.

Re: jd 4630 April 24, 2012 03:01AM
so let me get this rite elepump goes before the inj pump and the regulator goes after the inj pump or be for

Re: jd 4630 April 24, 2012 03:17AM
you need to have injection pump re-worked and put in non-retard plunger & barrels to turn it up all the way.

Re: jd 4630 April 24, 2012 03:21AM
thanks cuz im new ta this and just trying to figure some stuff out thankful for al the help

Re: jd 4630 April 24, 2012 08:00AM
they'll start to idle faster when you go too far in with fuel screw because the screw won't let the guide sleeve come back, thus not allowing weights to move to cut off. At that point, it's screwed in way further than needed. Also, with retard notches on plungers(most stock deere)once you get to around 16-17mm rack travel, the timing retards for starting. You'll know when you start lugging at end, gets into some good power, then all of a sudden falls on its face.

Re: jd 4630 April 24, 2012 04:52AM
What happens if you do turn the fuel screw in all the way or in too far?

Re: jd 4630 April 24, 2012 05:11AM
Regulator goes in fuel return at inj pump should be the right side or near the front of engine. Probably has a orifice type regulator in it now but the one I would use has a spring seat and shims so you can adjust fuel pressure by adding and removing shims. And you want electric pump in system before your filter. Also yes pump work will make a world of differance but I dont know how much you want to spend and you dont need to do any pump work in 12mph class. You will need to play with how far you can turn your screw in ours would start to idle faster if we went to far but all pumps wont do the same so you will have to just play with it.

Re: jd 4630 April 24, 2012 05:24AM
i know what you mean now thanks and if any one elese has ne info they can give me would be thankful to hear it and also where do u think i could get one of those regulators at

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2012 05:36AM by jd4630hf.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,948, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,033.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009