test and tune may 6th fonda ny April 23, 2012 10:45AM
Test and tune may 6th fonda fair grounds Fonda,NY. $30 first 2 hooks $10 a hook after. All classes trucks,tractors and semi's for info call 518-866-5681

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny April 23, 2012 11:04PM
One or two sleds at this event?

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny April 23, 2012 11:27PM
One sled

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny April 24, 2012 02:15AM
What are the classes going to be for deisel tractors any super classes or pro what about the super farms. i heard that the is not a cu. in. limit on the super farms is that true an updated web site would be great. any news would be good news

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny April 24, 2012 03:33AM
We are working on a website as we speak.Had some fellas involved that dropped the ball.There are no "classes" for the test hook on the 6th.
We will be running some light classes for the farm tractors .
Super Farm will be no cube limit, 3x3 turbo,intercoolers,and a weight diff for cut/non cut tires
We will be running a SS/Pro Stock combo running the same rules as ESP/NYTPA
All rules were come up with based on interest in the club.
It is what it is! Anyone interested in changing it should do so by being a member,and attending the meetings on a regular basis.

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny April 24, 2012 11:36AM
Swampy, i don't know you but you seem to be involved in this new club. Unfortunatly, thats too bad about the super farm class. the no cube limit rule. The adironcack tractor pullers in upstate ny has the same rule no cube limit, being a puller, it has really put a hurt on the club, because one tractor that pulls up there is a basically 900 cubes. It really has put a hurt on the altered stock class. It has driven most pullers,eithier out of pulling or to NYS to be competative. I would like to come, with 3 to for others but unfortunatley, it will be a one horse show. That tractor will put 50 to 70 feet on every tractor. The only thing that would be fair, would be the weight classes for superfarm? he may be too heavy. i was wodering what they would be?, not trying to cause trouble but we are 5 hours away. thanks , it's good someone is starting somthing new.

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny April 24, 2012 01:06PM
U haul puller call me sometime, I would like to talk to your concerns 518-866-5681 thanks,Rick. Mvppl tractor director

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny April 24, 2012 11:01PM
No trouble at all.Just trying to get things started is all.We kinda have to go with whats around us to get things off the ground.

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny April 25, 2012 12:25AM
well to start off i take my hat off to all of you that are trying to get this started but, your name and your intentions are the exact opposite. i have been involved in pulling for 20+ years and for starters a super farm class with no cu. in. limit is not a super farm class. all across the entire nation they have a cu. in .limit. even the national organizations agree on that. your name states that you are the mohawk valley PROFESSIONAL PULLERS. sounds like it is just a bush pull. not trying to through stones just pointing out what out their.Second you say you are going to have the same rules as esp and nytpa for the super pro class. you need to fiqure out what weight you are going to run because both organizations are different from one another. good luck and you are trying to do a good thing but, your super farm cu. in. limit is wrong i agree with the other post do not do it for one or two tractors. if you look at nytpa they struggled for a few years and now they have a good super farm class. they will all thank you later because once they build the right tractor they will be able to go any were they want in the country. again good luck

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny April 25, 2012 02:30AM
We have no problem running a true super farm class right out of the ppl rule book 9300#, 640ci etc etc, but for 3 months I have been trying to get input on what people that are going to come and pull want. With very little response. We have been trying to apease the people that have committed. We would like to have a big super farm class we just need to hear from pullers. I invite pullers to come on may 6th with or without tractor. We will have a meeting to set classes for pullers that commit and join. See you then. P.s. the 900ci. Tractor you are referring to can not get below 10,500# thanks 4ick. 518-866-5681

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny April 25, 2012 05:31AM
I was wondering what your purse payouts are going to be for the super farm and also in the super pro class.I would also like to know who you have that plan on participating in those classes as well. I am just wondering what the competition is going to be like fuel is expensive this year. I would like to have an idea on how is talking about being their.

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny April 25, 2012 07:27AM
recap, and swampy, i would like to give you a call somtime, and will. What really happend with the adirondack club or is happening, is it has gotten out of hand in the altered class. Some tractors as i said, atleast two,are up to 900, cubes. The problem is it has made it unafordable for newcommers to come in. The altered class used to be enhanced just above farm stock. Unfortunately times change, so does technology, wich we couldn't predict. And that DOESN'T bother me. But what i found up here, is that not many pullers want to pull farm stock, nor can they afford to pull superfarm, so we had the altered class, wich was a great class, any thing from 466 ih's up to 540, 570, 640 occasianlly.All with p pumps, water inj, really hot running tractors, that put a good show on for the crowd. We also went with all the saftey stuff, tie,bars blankent sfi clutch, cage or rops bar. but kept it to un- cut tires. wich cut didn't bother me , in my opinion, but i'm not the only vote. So basically we had a local altered farm class that was really good. Unfortunatey , manpower and time left some of the teching, not getting done or just didn't get done. This is where i think the big cubes hurt, pullers just couldn't beat them. So th club made different tractor classes and split the pullers between hot farm, altered farm and superfarm/limited pro. So you have 3 pulling one class 2 pulling another and 3to 4 pulling another. This is where i think it should have been kept to one affordible class close to or of the same nature as supefarm, so the crowd gets to see smoke power and speed, but keep it affordable and have 10 tractors in a class instead of one or two. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but i often wonder if the guys that left our club to pull NYS orESP superfarm did it because it was a waste of time to spend money to beat somthing that they couldn't or just because the club wouldn't change the rules. It sad, becuase we really had a good class, with alot of freindships, that wouldn't say anything about the cube limit because it was going to cause waves.

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny April 25, 2012 08:26AM
As Rick clearly stated,show up and voice your opinions.Neither one of us have a dog in the fight and want to do whats best for the club.Show up on the 6th of may and lets get it hashed out.I agree with the ci stuff but we have to get it figured out as far as who is coming and who is not.We want the best show possible and have worked our asses off to bring it to date so if ANYONE has a better idea as in what to do,please call/text/email/show up.
Tom 518 848 0595 Nicholasak47@yahoo.com

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny April 25, 2012 09:32AM
FYI, there are no big blocks up here that are 900 cubic inch, largest one I know of is 855. Just so you know there are two other big block deere that beat the 855 last year, I don't know their cu/in and there is a 640 IH coming out this year that is going to be tough. That Big JD has never won by 50-70 ft, I don't think its ever won by more than 20 ft a matter of fact. Adirondack tractor pullers made rules long before he had the big 6030, and there rule book stated no cube limit, therefore the tractor was built to compete. Over the last three years the tractor has won a fair amount, not every time, and the tracotr has been in the area for nine years now, it took 5-6 years to get it running consistantly. There have been 540 cu/in IH tractors beat it, Prouty, Stafford, and probably more. Look at the adirondack website to see who has won the altered stock points the past few years! Lets go pulling!

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny April 25, 2012 12:02PM
your right, lets go to NYS and esp to change the rules to 855 cu in. and have every body else chang also. sounds cool. lets go pull

HOT, PRO, SUPER - FARM April 27, 2012 11:54PM
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES

HOT FARM

PRO FARM

SUPER FARM

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny April 25, 2012 09:40AM
little confused if may 6th is just a test and tune with no real classes what is u-haul-pullers problem?
How is this test and tune going to be run, going to have a Farmall M pull then one of these 900 cubic inch tractors then a 560 or is there a order by weight and horsepower?
Who has this 900 cubic inch tractor sounds cool i'd like to talk to them think it might be something i want to build?

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny April 25, 2012 02:45PM
It seems Like some name confusion, why not have your 9 or 9300lbs superfarm class, then call the heavier classes altered, after all how many 10,500, 12000, 13,500lbs superfarm classes are there, also how many true super farms even have bracket enough for that wieght. Also if you have actually fallowed to big scarey 6030 that is in question, I'm guessing its the one from vermont. From the standpoint of a spectator its awsome to watch. On that same thought it is slow and heavy a monster of torque which only really shines on heavy clay tracks. The lighter soil fast tracks the tractor is extemely beatable its been done quite a few times. I understand not wanting to pull against it, after all who wants to perform better its way cooler to outlaw the tractors that may win to make sure I can win so that way I dont have to change anything. Tractor pulling has nothing to do with pushing the envalope, it should only have the same engines that ran in the '70s. I think the club should do what they see fit, and it is exciting to see a new club start with a nice location to invite the northern pa western ny guys to plavy with the upstate ny and new england guys. I cant wait to see it come together.
P.S. the big mean scary 6030 is a tractor known to travel all over the area from mt upton to northern nh, even canada, and with it ussually come a semi trailer load of tractors to pull against it and other classes. I would just keep that in mind. good luck fella's glad I'm just spectateing!

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny April 25, 2012 02:49PM
SOUNDS LIKE U HUALED HAS BEEN HUALED BY A 6030 A TIME OR 2.

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny April 25, 2012 11:41PM
I hope this pulling org. doesn't get the "if you can't beat em, outlaw them" attitude,that some people want,like was said in a previous post, that 6030 from Vt. doesn't win every pull, and they usually bring a trailer load of tractors to pull, the usual problem is the tractors they bring are green, and most org's seem to have a problem with good running John deeres.

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny April 26, 2012 12:01AM
Heard a rumor theres a pair of ih gassers being built for this year gonna put the smokes right to that 6030!

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny April 26, 2012 12:53AM
I have been getting some calls, there seems to be a lot of intrest in super farm, with a few more call it might be a good size class.

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny April 26, 2012 01:20AM
I/we will say it again.We will never outlaw any tractor for winning or cause someone else is poopy pants.All rules will be written with no bias to anyone.We want an organization that conforms to other clubs rules so a guy can go from one end of the state to the other and pull.And mainly we want to put asses in the seats!

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny April 26, 2012 03:43AM
FYI I beat the big green Vt monster 3 for 3 at the Oct Fonda benefit pull with my 6030. Don't know how, don't know why. I can tell you what was in my tractor: 3000rpm cam, 3000rpm p pump(6030 stock has a p pump), middle of the road 3X3 turbo(by no means the best), stock unaltered hydraulic system & pump, stock w/p, at that pull a stock engaged pto, no water injuection, no cooler(6030 stock has cooler). Get this, 680 ci-not 700-not 800-not 900-yes 680. Is it possible there is more to this pulling game than just cubic inch. You want to move up in this game, do your homework & pay your dues. PS I have never run across a group of guys that have done more to promote pulling & help anyone, friend or not, than the Vt boys. Complain about the Vt boys & you have fired a shot across my bow. Put your tractor on your trailer & lets go pulling.

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny April 26, 2012 04:12AM
must be nobody has ever told all the guys that are complaining the secret of life, it is not the size of bore or stroke! Its all about how good you can use what you have. jmo

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny April 26, 2012 06:35AM
unfortunatey, i guess i shouldn't have stated my opinion. i guess i will read the rules when they are posted and decide from there if i will be coming or not. As far as the atpa points in the altered stock class goes, whom ever made the comment about points, scott pickering wins the points because he makes every points pull, not because he has beat the vandeweerts every pull. this is a fact.

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny April 26, 2012 10:54AM
i was at the rule meeting for atpa the last two years and heard no problem about cubic inch there was some talk on safety and chargers but noting on cubic inch. so if you have a problem you should stay it there not on the internets. If you want to have a say in the rules in this new organization you should go down to fonda with your tractor and the rules can get hashed out over some nice frosty Mountian Brew Ices.

6030 issues April 26, 2012 12:45PM
There's a new web site for you cubic inch winers;
WWW.IHATEGETTINGMY@$$KICKEDBYABIGBLOCK.COM
The 6030 is just a bunch of old Folgers coffee cans with a little
fuel and some compressed air out of an antique charger. I may have
seen her big heart scattered a time or two.....

Re: 6030 issues April 27, 2012 12:27AM
Looks like the weather is going to be good for the TEST AND TUNE on May 6th.Show up and run.

Re: 6030 issues April 27, 2012 07:19AM
As the builder/owner/operator of the the 5.5" bore x 6" stroke 6030, with a super farm cam, a john deere 6125 turbo off the warranty shelf with a slug in the exhaust, a indy cylinder head that can't keep seats in, a ten year old columbus 800 cc p-pump, all stock gears, water injection, here are a few points I will throw out there. Adirondack tractor puller had a no cubic inch rule in their altered class before I was even a part of the club, I simply read the rule book and went from there, sorry for reading the rule book U hual! In 2003 when I first started pulling my 6030, if it wasn't myself, cousin Joe and Spencer there would not even have been a altered class. If I were to do it all over again I would build something smaller anyway so a 3x3 turbo could feed the fat bitch. After talking with other builders around the country its fair to say a 640, 680, is capable of more horse power than this 855, but not as much torque. A 3x3 is like a restricter plate on 855 cu/in, I've acually been thinking about going to 3,000 rpm class with it because thats all it turns for rpms, maybe even go N/A. I also do have a deck plate in the shop that should make it a 998 cu/in. I'm anxious to see the three big green horses and how we stack up in 2012, Bourdeau, Joy and myself, and I know there are some tough red ones in the area also in Mr. frustration, Leduc, Bigelow, Pickerin, to say a few, and more from down state. I would bet that our 585 cu/in super farm @ 9300 lbs could beat the 6030 at 10,500 as well. BTW the adirondack club issues are a lot deeper than cubic inch problems. Let's go pulling, see you in Fonda.

Re: 6030 issues April 27, 2012 07:27AM
the problem is that all of you want to be a big fish in a little pond. take it form me been their done that. you need to go to a bigger pond (NYTPA or ESP ). this will end alot of your problems

Re: 6030 issues April 27, 2012 09:32AM
We did!! Hits called the 44 Special Reloaded. You can see it in the pics from the 2012 Keystone Nationals. For the 6030 to pull Superfarm it can cost up to 60k to hog parts out and lighten her up. We work for a living, not exactly in the budget. Do note the 585 did beat the 6030 in Greenwhich last year when we ran a test run 1,000lbs light ( and the 585 was not exactly in healthy shape). Bordeau, Prouty, and Gary Joy all put a hurtin on the ol Fat #%?$& as well last year. Not sure why your whining about the Renegade i guess?? Buy some parts for your tractor, I'll even help ya put it together. And when you beat my brother, he'll come shake your hand.

Re: 6030 issues April 28, 2012 05:10AM
Bordeau's tractor went up for sale here in wisconsin once the club here went to certifying cubic in. I wonder how big that tractor is inside cause it never was certified here, was great to watch that thing hook, was one bad A$$ puller

hot pro and super - farms April 29, 2012 01:17AM
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES

HOT FARM

PRO FARM

SUPER FARM

Re: hot pro and super - farms May 02, 2012 09:52AM
hot farm 466 open rs 20,8 3x3 no slots, pro 3000 rs 3x4 no slots

Re: 6030 issues April 29, 2012 08:20AM

Innocent little 6030.....no need to hate, she started right up after sitting on the lawn all winter

Re: 6030 issues April 29, 2012 10:14AM
hey guys, how much starting fluid to get her up and running???LOL.

Re: 6030 issues April 29, 2012 10:45AM
Drained a gallon of water out of the base, 1/4 can of that good Case IH either and a NAPA battery charger.

Re: 6030 issues April 29, 2012 12:54PM
That's cool!!! Can't wait to see the big scary green thing next weekend

Re: 6030 issues April 29, 2012 02:59PM
We'll lets CLEAR THE AIR wisconsinite and u-haul puller tractor from wisconsin or other 900 cu in in vermont or Bourdeaus tractor when I measure
its 5" bore X 5.5" stroke X 6 = 680 cu in. I don't drink,smoke so i know the difference between big line and little line when i read a tape measure and my vison is not blurry. Also your comment wisconsinite if your talking about my 6030 being a bad a$$ puller in wisconsin we'll she would really kick a$$ today because when got it 2010 she only had just above stock injectors,500 cc p-pump,and turbo off L-10 cummins. Since, I have owned the tractor, did my homework,shared info with other pullers, paid for many mistakes, maybe I may have a good 2012 looking forward to visiting and associating with you pullers GOOD LUCK "lets go pulling"Beer

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny April 30, 2012 06:17AM
anybody wanting to come on Saturday and camp over, full hookups are available for$40. Plus if you like dirt track racing this is at fonda speedway, they race Saturday nites. Makes nice 2 event weekend.

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny May 01, 2012 10:00AM
Whos coming?Looks like it will be a good day to get things dialed in.

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny May 02, 2012 09:38AM
is this event open to spectators, both in the stands and pits?

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny May 02, 2012 12:16PM
Yes its open to fans. Stands are free, pits I think are $10

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny May 02, 2012 12:22PM
Yes $10 for the pits and the rest is open for the 6th FREE OF CHARGE! Bring the family,come check us out.We want everyone involved,cause it takes everyone to make this league a success.

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny May 02, 2012 01:53PM
Why do you half to pay to get in the pits? Sounds like going to the Fonda fair? Most shows you can get in the pits, as a spectator it is great to see the tractors and drivers up close!

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny May 03, 2012 12:06AM
Any where you go you pay to be in the pits.It pays for the outrageous insurance premium to put this and any event on.

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny May 03, 2012 04:48AM
I would think $3 per person on all and then addional $5 for the pits.

If people bring in their pulling tractors what do they pay as they have to go in?

I know you are just starting out and this will change. But it is just a thought.

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny May 03, 2012 06:01AM
Driver and 1 crew member free per truck or tractor.

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny May 07, 2012 09:34AM
kind of funny some was given a chance to speak there mind about some rules and didn't show, Don't you think? maybe there afraid of the big green monster?

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny May 07, 2012 12:51PM
I only saw 3 tractors there. Im not sure if i couldnt see the other side of the pits or not. The three tractors there were the ones not complaning about the rules though i think...

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny May 07, 2012 01:00PM
Turn out was good. Want to thank all that came.Thanks for the support for the club and the support of truck and tractor pulling in N.Y.
Hope to see all on May 20th.

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny May 08, 2012 08:12AM
Like i said before, i will wait and see what the rules are before we make the trip. Obviously, nys and esp,and most other pulling organizations have rules you have to follow, i'm sure this club will have rules also. As for the the test and tune, we just got rid of the snow up here last week. It would have been nice to make it to the test and tune,but water doesn't work well in 20 degrees up here in the northcountry. I'm not sure if this new club has a web site, but i hope they post the rules on the web somewhere.

PS, i didn't mention a vandeweert , or a big tractor.so every body can be at rest to the gods of pulling.

Re: test and tune may 6th fonda ny May 08, 2012 11:15AM
WWW.MVPPL.NET

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009