ESP MEETING TONIGHT April 28, 2012 07:27AM
REMINDER! ESP meeting tonight in dansville at union hose on elizabeth st.7pm. This a very important meeting and all members are urged to come. Also, bring any questions and concerns to the meetings. That is the only way the club can resolve them. Badgering Henry or Dale on the phone wont fix a problem, they bring it to the meetings and a solution is found. I believe this is the last meeting before we start pulling, So ESP mebmers see you tonight or see you at the pulls.

Re: ESP MEETING TONIGHT April 29, 2012 11:07AM
From what I hear it was a real winner meeting.

once Again change things about 35 days before your first event.

Re: ESP MEETING TONIGHT April 29, 2012 11:25AM
every member had the chance to be present and voice there concerns

Re: ESP MEETING TONIGHT April 29, 2012 03:24PM
If every member had the chance to be present and voice their concerns then let's hear what happened at the meeting? The first ESP event will be here soon. I'm sure there are some competitors that are not ESP members that would like to know what changes if any there are for 2012.....

Re: ESP MEETING TONIGHT April 29, 2012 11:26AM
Are the rules for the mod class still in question?

Re: ESP MEETING TONIGHT April 29, 2012 01:49PM
I was a memeber at one time and then time did not allow me to do so for some time.

This year I was going to sign up at the first pull, But finding out today to pull at esp event will now cost me around 450 dollars to be a member not sure we will make the trip.

Rules what rules? last minute

Are they using PPL book or NTPA?

one time A few years back I went to their pull and they told me that day I had to run less weight.

I asked when that happend and Henry said "2 months ago, if you were a member you would have got the news letter"

So rules they will let you know....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2012 04:23PM by Mark Hayes.

Re: ESP MEETING TONIGHT April 30, 2012 12:17AM
The issues that were voted on and passed at the recent meeting were not made clear to the membership prior to the meeting. If the club officers were considering leaving PPL it should have been stated so at the previous meeting and in the news letter, tabled for 30 days and then put to a vote. The same procedure should have been followed for setting the weight rules for the Super Stocks regarding the Canada pulls. It was only stated that there was an issue involving the new OSHA requirements. Nothing stating apossible change in sanctioning organization.I feel this was a knee jerk reaction and not very well thought out. I was not at the because i had to work, but the meeting was held a week early,( which was noted in the news letter) they are normally the first saturday of the month. The ESP season starts June 10th, this is not a smart thing to do this close to the start of the season. I will really have to think long and hard about belonging to an organization that seems to be heading in what i consider to be the wrong direction. What rules will be followed, who will make them, and even if they are set will they be changed at a moments notice and decided by whomever may be around to give input without giving all involved notice? i don't normally agree with the anonimous critizism posted therefore i will end this way.
This is just my opinion. Thank you, Jeremy Schroeder

Re: ESP MEETING TONIGHT April 30, 2012 01:46AM
so if you want to run in esp do you have to be ppl member or just belong to there club for $450? as far as i am concerned esp will be fine either way.

Re: ESP MEETING TONIGHT April 30, 2012 04:57AM
SOUND LIKE
$150 FOR PER DAY HOOK FEE OR $450
TO PULL ESP EVENTS.

$450 FOR 10 ESP EVENTS

OR $450 FOR 28 NYTPA EVENTS PLUS ANY PLACE THAT HAS PPL

NOT SURE ABOUT THE MOHAWK VALLEY PULLERS CLUB

$100 I THINK FOR 6 EVENTS AT THE SAME TRACK.

$450 April 30, 2012 06:50AM
Why is it so much? The insurance surly is not that much, from my past experience researching insurance.

Re: $450 April 30, 2012 07:56AM
SOUND LIKE TO RECOUP THE LOST POINTS MONEY THAT PPL GIVES TO THEM.

SO THE PULLERS HAVE TO PAY THEIR SELF FOR POINTS

Re: $450 April 30, 2012 11:10AM
why take Money from the people who can least afford it and are least likly to get it back then give it to the people who need it least.

Re: ESP MEETING TONIGHT April 30, 2012 08:06AM
As for OSHA , you can run but you can't hide . Sounds like a hurry up meeting to make quick decision For no real reason .

Re: ESP MEETING TONIGHT April 30, 2012 09:26AM
OSHA covers employers and employees. I am not sure how it applies to a tractor pulling organization? I would think insurance companies would care more about tractor pulling safety than would OSHA?

Re: ESP MEETING TONIGHT April 30, 2012 11:11AM
all the tech people are employees.

Re: ESP MEETING TONIGHT April 30, 2012 11:29AM
rocky,and SOUNDS LIKE, why don't you call your class rep and get the real story.
instead of making assumption's,why not be educated!

Re: ESP MEETING TONIGHT April 30, 2012 11:29AM
The competing members of ESP voted at Saturday night's meeting to go on their own for 2012. That decision was made because no one would come forward and be an OSHA certified EEIC for the pulls. In order to be a member state of the Lucas Oil/ PPL, the organization must follow all OSHA rules and guidelines set by PPL.

Dan Mayer

www.pulling-reference.com
Dedicated to Preserving the History of Tractor & Truck Pulling

Re: ESP MEETING TONIGHT April 30, 2012 12:04PM
How will this affect co sanctioned events with NYTPA?

events April 30, 2012 12:17PM
If it is a NYTPA event all pullers will have to have a PPL day pass or a PPL membership

Re: ESP MEETING TONIGHT April 30, 2012 12:15PM
Thanks Dan for atleast trying to shed some light on this.

Is the OSHA thing a PPL thing or is NTPA the same?

I do know NYTPA has been talking about this for some time.

If OSHA wants to step in on something i would think they can.

What rules will ESP run?

Re: ESP MEETING TONIGHT April 30, 2012 12:33PM
Dan, Only those present were afforded the right to vote which is not fair this issue should be tabled for 30 days so all the membership is aware before a vote is held. I was aware of the OSHA issue but no where was it stated anything about voting to go on our own. Something this serious should be a well thought out decision not voted on in the duration of one meeting. I give the officials on the board a lot of respect and appreciation for how well the club has done to this point, but i feel this was acted on to quickly and without just consideration.
Jeremy Schroeder

Re: US Department of Labor's OSHA cites Lucas Oil Production StudiosUS Department of Labor's OSHA cites Lucas Oil Production Studios May 01, 2012 08:29PM
After finding out a few facts about this situation that were unknown to me, i must say it sounds like ESP was put between a rock and a hard place. With only a short time before the start of the season and no clear answer to the last minute notification by PPL of the impending OSHA issues the membership had to make a decision which seemed to be picking the lesser of two evils. The decision has been made and one can only hope the club will be able to make the best of it. I would like to thank Henry for explaining a few things and hearing my thoughts on this. With the 2012 season fast approaching i would like to say good luck to everyone and see you at the track.
Jeremy Schroeder

Re: US Department of Labor's OSHA cites Lucas Oil Production StudiosUS Department of Labor's OSHA cites Lucas Oil Production Studios May 02, 2012 01:36AM
Be careful of everything you are told. A good president will tell you what they want you to here, so they can achieve what they want at the end. Do you really believe this situation cannot be managed considering Lucas Oil is involved in everything from NHRA to motocross? It’s the old saying turned a mole hill into a mountain. If anything, ESP has just put themselves in spot light. The ESP members were given just enough carefully laid out information to be swayed to make one hastily decision. Is East Coast, NYTPA, Badger State, OSTPA, Nebraska, and SPA running away from PPL? If not, why were they not squeezed and esp singled out? If you note the article that was posted was from 2010. This is old news.

Re: Enough Is Enough May 02, 2012 02:05AM
East Coast is fine with the OSHA deal. 2 of 4 here (Dave & Tina Moore) have taken the test and the 3rd (Amber Kern) has started and the 4th (Bonnie) will soon be taking the test. This has been blown out of proportion! We had our first event this past Saturday, the safety meeting went off without any problems and to be honest, it's nice to see a safety station of good standards in the trailer. This has absolutely no effect on Pullers other than they know where to go if they get cut (First Aid station) or are dehydrated (Water Station in the trailer), etc. It was NO COST to the club either. PPL/Lucas Oil supplied everything. It is also nice to have a safe GFI plug to protect the trailer and it's electronics that are in use for registration and charging radios. This effects the PPL workers only. That is flaggers, registration, tech, tow tractors from the various fairs and any fair workers that may be hooking/unhooking the sled. It also requires (by PPL) that golf carts/support vehicles be operated in a safe speed manner (in the book) and no more persons in/on that vehicle than it can SEAT safely. Also, no one on the track during competition with the exception flaggers. Everyone else must be behind the jersey walls or a safe distance at the discrepency of the Head Tech/Flagger.

I may have missed a thing or 2 in this writing but this is getting blown out of proportion. Safety first people. I commend Lucas Oil/PPL for the decision.

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
www.easternextremepulling.com
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Re: Enough Is Enough May 02, 2012 05:22AM
Thanks J R. Wish esp wasnt scared. This is not as big of a deal as the esp members are being told.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,790, Posts: 229,989, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,066.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009