precision turbo April 29, 2012 05:36AM
does precision have a better 3x3 turbo out the last years???

Re: precision turbo April 29, 2012 08:13AM
Yes we are working on a new 14 blade turbo. We ran it on a few test tractors at Louisville. It is about an 85 hp increase over last years model. It has a ceramic exhaust housing.

Re: precision turbo April 29, 2012 10:28AM
When will this be out

Re: precision turbo April 29, 2012 10:33AM
We have 30 that are currently out. After we are sure of the durability, then they will be available for purchase.

Re: precision turbo April 29, 2012 10:47AM
Will there be a large price difference

Re: precision turbo April 29, 2012 12:08PM
4580.00 shipped. Ran once this year. Pretty impressed with it.

Re: precision turbo April 29, 2012 01:45PM
Yes there will be a substantial price increase. The new turbo is not based off the gt42 center section. It is a completely custom design.

Re: precision turbo April 29, 2012 01:52PM
This is good info. About time there is some good info on here!!! I'll be placing my order tomorrow morningSmiling

,Top Dog Super Farmer

Re: precision turbo May 01, 2012 02:41PM
what about the new turbos sold with-in the last 3 months that were said to be the best and are now obsolete not a good way to build customer confidence !

Re: precision turbo April 29, 2012 01:54PM
who's dyno was this turbo tested on?? when is it available?? how much??

Re: precision turbo April 29, 2012 03:20PM
i here they also copied colberg's exhaust mod.

Re: precision turbo April 30, 2012 02:13AM
When will this crap end? There are 30 of them out and if you aren't in the "Elite 30", you have to pull against them with last year's stuff!! There is no way in hell a 3x3 charger should cost $4500. This is nothing but a money racket that pilfers the pullers. Precision ought to be ashamed to even price one of their SF chargers for $4500 knowing what they actually have in them. They don't prod the drag race guy like this... because the drag car boys will tell them to screw off and come up with something better.... but not us dumb ole tractor pullers.

Re: precision turbo April 30, 2012 05:38AM
Sounds like someone is get thin in the wallet. If your going to run in the big boy classes you got to spend big boy money. "If you improve it they will come"Winking!

Re: precision turbo April 30, 2012 07:04AM
You could always go pull outlaw superfarm. Don't they still run box turbos? Then you don't have to buy the latest and greatest all the time just to keep competitive.

Re: precision turbo April 30, 2012 08:20AM
it is very sad what the charge the tractor pullers, when i called precision and talked to them about a 3x3 turbo and it was built off there so called new and improved gt42 frame turbo (just recasted garrett, cheaper for them) it was almost 2 grand more once i told them it was for a super farm diesel tractor and i ask why? they told me tractor turbos cost more to make. lol what a joke precision is and anybody that thinks they are right for ripping the pullers off, and just because it cost alot doesn't mean it will build any more power, just somebody else is getting fat off your money.

Re: precision turbo April 30, 2012 10:19AM
Someone needs to build a turbo that can keepup with them or pass them up. Untill that happens they will just keep on charging whatever they want. End of story.

Re: precision turbo May 01, 2012 04:44AM
KTA... I believe they (Outlaw) are running a box turbo.. but its a Precision turbo.. haha.. They setup a trade in program for the GT42's..

Re: precision turbo April 30, 2012 11:52AM
Nobody seems to mind spending that much for a turbo @columbus...precision has proved themselves..they can charge whatever they want...it's how the free market works...if you don't like it..build your own!!

Re: precision turbo April 30, 2012 12:30PM
pretty sad when you can buy a billet wheel 4.1 from columbus for around 5 grand.kind of crazy to spend that much on a 3x3 but if thats what you pull i guess thats what you have to to keep up!

Re: precision turbo May 01, 2012 02:16AM
whats rediculous is a guy doing some enhancements to the precision charger on the exhaust side and compressor housing and then charging the customer another 1500 - 2,000 dollars more just to gain 40 horse.. thats a 7000 dollar charger by the time ur done with it.. sad but true

Re: precision turbo May 01, 2012 02:29AM
Well guys thats tractor pulling if you want to run out front you better be ready spend money!!!!!

Re: precision turbo May 01, 2012 10:45AM
$14 beans, precision should charge more.

Re: precision turbo May 01, 2012 12:28PM
the beans are not in the din yet

Re: precision turbo May 01, 2012 01:27PM
Half of mine are.

Re: precision turbo May 02, 2012 12:33AM
i take that kavan, mac daddy , and dreamin too all had this latest and greatest turbo on at louisville?

Re: precision turbo May 02, 2012 01:07AM
I called precision yesterday and they havent realeased any new turbo yet so this post is BS

Re: precision turbo May 02, 2012 01:26AM
I'll bet the government check is!

Re: precision turbo May 02, 2012 08:31AM
Good afternoon everyone.

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Dan Barlog (no screen name to hide behind here), and I am the Director of Engineering with Precision Turbo and Engine. I have been with the company for over 12 years, and I am directly responsible for the design, testing, and development on our line of Tractor Pulling turbochargers. Typically we choose to stay off these message boards, but it appears as though someone is spreading some misinformation about our product line, and it needs to be addressed.

At 2011 PRI and IMIS trade shows, and 2012 National Farm Machinery Show, we displayed a prototype Super Farm unit with an integrated air horn/guillotine valve. This unit was simply that; a prototype. While we have undergone several iterations and been thoroughly testing the unit, we are not ready to cut it loose. To clarify what was posted earlier by someone with the user name “Precision Engineer”, this unit features our CEA (Competition Engineered Aerodynamics) compressor wheel, not a 14 full blade compressor as was stated. This unit will also feature a purpose built 3” turbine wheel. The units will NOT have "Ceramic Exhaust Housings" (as stated by “Precision Engineer”). We will continue to offer our ductile iron turbine housings, with the 1.28 A/R still being the most popular.

Toward the end of 2011 (at the request of some of our customers for the pending indoor pulling season), we started integrating some technology from our 2012 Prototype units into the Super Farm turbochargers, most notably our upgraded turbine wheel. These units have shown an increase of 60HP on most tractors, with some customers reporting back with gains of up to 90HP. This may be what the comment about an “Elite 30” was in regards to, however, there is no “Elite 30”. This is simply not the case. We do not play favorites here at Precision Turbo and Engine. For those that do care, we have more than 50 units out in service with zero reported failures. We have parts on the shelf to build these units and will happily do so to whomever would like to order one.

There have also been replies regarding the cost of our products, and I would be happy to address those as well. When we first introduced our Super Farm turbocharger back in 2009, the unit was competitively priced at just under $4,000.00, while other manufacturers were well over that price for a journal bearing turbocharger. Not only did we deliver a product that was less expensive, our Super Farm unit produced significantly more horsepower and torque (most customers were reporting an average increase of 100+HP over competitors products)and proved to be very durable. Additionally, we offered a full one year warranty against manufacturer’s defects, which to our knowledge was a first in the Tractor Pulling market.

Since the development of our first Super Farm unit, we have put in countless hours of design and dyno time developing a more powerful and durable turbocharger. The second generation was a nearly a complete redesign with ceramic ball bearing and superior heat rejection bearing hsg. In addition, we have invested a significant amount of money in a competitive 640CID Super Farm dyno mule to help develop turbochargers for this program. Every year we have continued to raise the bar, and hope to be able to continue this trend for many years to come. This development takes a huge financial commitment, and we have allocated the funds to continue in this market. Because of this, we have had to raise the cost of our unit slightly over the last 3 years (approximately $500), but in return, we have increased the output by an additional 100HP since our first unit. Additionally, we have a purpose built bearing system to withstand the thrust loads created by these applications that is fully rebuildable.

I hope this helps to clear the confusion.

Best Regards,

Dan Barlog
Director of Engineering
Precision Turbo & Engine
616A S Main St., PO Box 425, Hebron, IN 46341
P: (219) 996-7832 | F: (219) 996-7749
[www.PrecisionTurbo.net]
Facebook.com/PrecisionTurbo

Re: precision turbo May 02, 2012 11:03AM
Dan Barlog
Good afternoon everyone.

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Dan Barlog (no screen name to hide behind here), and I am the Director of Engineering with Precision Turbo and Engine. I have been with the company for over 12 years, and I am directly responsible for the design, testing, and development on our line of Tractor Pulling turbochargers. Typically we choose to stay off these message boards, but it appears as though someone is spreading some misinformation about our product line, and it needs to be addressed.

At 2011 PRI and IMIS trade shows, and 2012 National Farm Machinery Show, we displayed a prototype Super Farm unit with an integrated air horn/guillotine valve. This unit was simply that; a prototype. While we have undergone several iterations and been thoroughly testing the unit, we are not ready to cut it loose. To clarify what was posted earlier by someone with the user name “Precision Engineer”, this unit features our CEA (Competition Engineered Aerodynamics) compressor wheel, not a 14 full blade compressor as was stated. This unit will also feature a purpose built 3” turbine wheel. The units will NOT have "Ceramic Exhaust Housings" (as stated by “Precision Engineer”). We will continue to offer our ductile iron turbine housings, with the 1.28 A/R still being the most popular.

Toward the end of 2011 (at the request of some of our customers for the pending indoor pulling season), we started integrating some technology from our 2012 Prototype units into the Super Farm turbochargers, most notably our upgraded turbine wheel. These units have shown an increase of 60HP on most tractors, with some customers reporting back with gains of up to 90HP. This may be what the comment about an “Elite 30” was in regards to, however, there is no “Elite 30”. This is simply not the case. We do not play favorites here at Precision Turbo and Engine. For those that do care, we have more than 50 units out in service with zero reported failures. We have parts on the shelf to build these units and will happily do so to whomever would like to order one.

There have also been replies regarding the cost of our products, and I would be happy to address those as well. When we first introduced our Super Farm turbocharger back in 2009, the unit was competitively priced at just under $4,000.00, while other manufacturers were well over that price for a journal bearing turbocharger. Not only did we deliver a product that was less expensive, our Super Farm unit produced significantly more horsepower and torque (most customers were reporting an average increase of 100+HP over competitors products)and proved to be very durable. Additionally, we offered a full one year warranty against manufacturer’s defects, which to our knowledge was a first in the Tractor Pulling market.

Since the development of our first Super Farm unit, we have put in countless hours of design and dyno time developing a more powerful and durable turbocharger. The second generation was a nearly a complete redesign with ceramic ball bearing and superior heat rejection bearing hsg. In addition, we have invested a significant amount of money in a competitive 640CID Super Farm dyno mule to help develop turbochargers for this program. Every year we have continued to raise the bar, and hope to be able to continue this trend for many years to come. This development takes a huge financial commitment, and we have allocated the funds to continue in this market. Because of this, we have had to raise the cost of our unit slightly over the last 3 years (approximately $500), but in return, we have increased the output by an additional 100HP since our first unit. Additionally, we have a purpose built bearing system to withstand the thrust loads created by these applications that is fully rebuildable.

I hope this helps to clear the confusion.

Best Regards,

Dan Barlog
Director of Engineering
Precision Turbo & Engine
616A S Main St., PO Box 425, Hebron, IN 46341
P: (219) 996-7832 | F: (219) 996-7749
[www.PrecisionTurbo.net]
Facebook.com/PrecisionTurbo

Thank you for taking the time to post this. Clears up a lot of questions I had. Keep up the good work.

Re: precision turbo {question for dan?} May 02, 2012 12:13PM
i was wondering if you could tell me what type of head and block you are using on your test dyno, orginal aftermaket recast (red,green,etc.)

Re: precision turbo {question for dan?} May 03, 2012 12:20AM
If you cannot afford a 4500.00 turbo, you cannot afford to pull superfarm.....call mark massey or hypermax and ask them why their turbos are so high...youll get laughed outa town..

Re: precision turbo {question for dan?} May 03, 2012 03:58AM
I am sure there are guys that test stuff, and their should be. And they are going to choose to work with guys that they know, and they know they have top notch equiptment, so they know there are very few variables to worry about when testing a turbo, or any new part. This goes on with any place, not just Precision. You obviously haven't designed too much stuff , they don't always work the first time, no matter how much time you spend designing and planning, and you don't want to invest in large quanitys of something if it doesn't workout. I can definiataley understand not wanting to deal with just anybody on prototype parts. Same guy that comes on here crying about not getting the best would be the first one to cry when his prototype doesn't work.

Re: precision turbo {question for dan?} May 03, 2012 05:12AM
Very good points. To expound further, it can also be assumed that these "elite 30" or whomever is running test parts are deemed trustworthy enough to keep the fact that they are testing prototype parts for a major manufacturer a secret until it's time for the fact to be public knowledge. The reasons for this are many and should be obvious enough to make explanation unnecessary. Regarding cost, an unimaginable amount of resources is required to take any new idea from concept to design to prototype to testing to redesign to testing to production. Anyone who says that the price is unfair because the manufacturer only has a fraction of the selling price invested in each unit is not taking into consideration the foregoing or the simple fact that they are running a business for the purpose of making a profit. Nobody is twisting your arm to make you buy, but the simple fact is, if it works, you'll pay for it. If it's any consolation, this time next year these units will be cheaper when the next better one comes out.

Re: precision turbo {question for dan?} May 03, 2012 07:37AM
If the ELITE have an un-authorized "proto-type" turbo on (as far as the rules book goes), and go to a national event, AND they win, AND they say nothing, AND they take the money and run AND the reason they won was because the proto-type gave them an additional 100 ponies...................whut up wit dat?? By all standards, IF you can get disqualified and ostracised for using "funny water" and get publicly humiliated, the same should apply to the ELITE that are privy to getting TOP SECRET equipment that has not passed the "smell test".

Re: precision turbo {question for dan?} May 03, 2012 07:47AM
The only place that would apply is Outlaw & the other groups running some type of box charger. NTPA & PPL only care about the in & out dimensions, wheel aerodynamics where all this development is taking place isn't covered by their rulebooks.

Re: precision turbo {question for dan?} May 03, 2012 11:03AM
Precision makes a very good charger, and do not charge any more than any other company with a excellent charger. The only thing negative I can say about Precision is they got rid of there best dealer----Mark Colberg! He did more for Precision than anybody else! He is the most creative person out there and spends tons of time on a dyno---and plays by the rules! That is more than you can say about some other so called dealers. I hope Mark makes his own turbo and kicks butt with it. He is one of the good guys out there. Dan--if you have any pull over there, make Mark a dealer again. He is one of the good guys and has already helped you more than most people know!!!. Arlyn

Re: precision turbo {question for dan?} May 03, 2012 01:47PM
arlyn is right about mark we bought on from him last year he told me with the mods that he does that percision warranty was void but he would help me out if we had any problems. they slaped his hands and took his dealership for modifing them then copied his design and now sell them with the mods.

Re: precision turbo {question for dan?} May 03, 2012 02:35PM
precisions new exhaust wheel isnt as agressive as the one mark does, precision should just have there wheels cast just the way marks makes them.

Re: precision turbo {question for dan?} May 03, 2012 02:37PM
YES; BUT.........
If the ELITE have an un-authorized "proto-type" turbo on (as far as the rules book goes), and go to a national event, AND they win, AND they say nothing, AND they take the money and run AND the reason they won was because the proto-type gave them an additional 100 ponies...................whut up wit dat?? By all standards, IF you can get disqualified and ostracised for using "funny water" and get publicly humiliated, the same should apply to the ELITE that are privy to getting TOP SECRET equipment that has not passed the "smell test".

That argument does not hold water. Since when does "prototype" or "experimental" necessarily mean "illegal"? These components would be subject to the same inspection as their counterparts. Funny water is illegal, period. Just because a component may have limited availability doesn't necessarily make it so.

Re: precision turbo {question for dan?} May 04, 2012 02:11AM
explainerator
YES; BUT.........

That argument does not hold water. Since when does "prototype" or "experimental" necessarily mean "illegal"? These components would be subject to the same inspection as their counterparts. Funny water is illegal, period. Just because a component may have limited availability doesn't necessarily make it so.

Ahhhh Grassah Hoppah; but it DOES hold water.........funny water. If, say, a turbo such as the GT 42 is mandated, and alterations have been made to it to enhance its performance, then, by all standards, IT IS NOT LEGAL..............PERIOD! There was an instance not so long ago where the precision charger was used AND it had the ceramic lined exhaust housing. It was outside the boundaries of the intent of the turbo rule(s). Granted; it's not what the rules say, but, what they DON'T say that usually stirs the schmidt pot. It gave the person using it a HUGE, very obvious, advantage. Once again, thinking outside the box is what moves performance technology forward. I personally do not give a rats axx what other people use to gain an edge. It just motivates me to put on my "think tank hat" and one-up them.

Re: precision turbo {question for dan?} May 04, 2012 05:07AM
YES; BUT.........
explainerator
YES; BUT.........

Ahhhh Grassah Hoppah; but it DOES hold water.........funny water. If, say, a turbo such as the GT 42 is mandated, and alterations have been made to it to enhance its performance, then, by all standards, IT IS NOT LEGAL..............PERIOD! There was an instance not so long ago where the precision charger was used AND it had the ceramic lined exhaust housing. It was outside the boundaries of the intent of the turbo rule(s). Granted; it's not what the rules say, but, what they DON'T say that usually stirs the schmidt pot. It gave the person using it a HUGE, very obvious, advantage. Once again, thinking outside the box is what moves performance technology forward. I personally do not give a rats axx what other people use to gain an edge. It just motivates me to put on my "think tank hat" and one-up them.

I'm not interested in an argument or even a discussion about the intricacies of the intent of the rules versus the letter of the rules, as that is a twisted, obscure mire of subjective conjecture, not unlike most of what you have written, and is outside the scope and point of this and my last reply. That point being, just because a particular component is not available to the masses in no way equates to it being illegal. Mass produced parts and custom, proprietary pieces alike all have to meet the same criteria with regard to the rules. Further, it has been my experience that a great many of the people that whine about getting beat also like to whine about and blame their "also ran" status on not being on somebody's "A list", therefore constituting some dark conspiracy that prohibits them access to the "best" components. This is simply a loser's crutch, because, after the testing phase has concluded, why would any shop that is being run for profit limit sales of a $5000 turbo to a fabled "elite 30" if they knew they could sell hundreds of them? It is ridiculous to contemplate.

I do wholeheartedly agree with your last statement.

Re: precision turbo {question for dan?} May 04, 2012 05:51AM
explainerator
YES; BUT.........
explainerator
YES; BUT.........

I'm not interested in an argument or even a discussion about the intricacies of the intent of the rules versus the letter of the rules, as that is a twisted, obscure mire of subjective conjecture, not unlike most of what you have written, and is outside the scope and point of this and my last reply. That point being, just because a particular component is not available to the masses in no way equates to it being illegal. Mass produced parts and custom, proprietary pieces alike all have to meet the same criteria with regard to the rules. Further, it has been my experience that a great many of the people that whine about getting beat also like to whine about and blame their "also ran" status on not being on somebody's "A list", therefore constituting some dark conspiracy that prohibits them access to the "best" components. This is simply a loser's crutch, because, after the testing phase has concluded, why would any shop that is being run for profit limit sales of a $5000 turbo to a fabled "elite 30" if they knew they could sell hundreds of them? It is ridiculous to contemplate.

I do wholeheartedly agree with your last statement.

Ahhhh.......Grassah Hopperexplaineratorer. Nice ahh try to dazzle us with your brilliance but you unknowingly baffled your own self with your own b.s. Now that you have covered yourself in un-explaineratored manure, you need to clean the feces from your eyes so you can see that you don't see things quite the way you should. I am intrigued by your defiance as to what the intent of a rule is as opposed to what you interpret it to mean. We the un-enlightened ones await your descent from the mountain, with granite tablet in hand, to explainerate to us peasants that do follow the INTENT of the rules. We are, and will be, most appreciative of any wisdom you can bestow upon us. Three chinese cheers to you. FOOOEY, FOOOEY, FOOOEY. By the power vested in me I annoint you RULES BENDERATOR of the First Order of the Royal Golden Dragon, most honorable manure slinger. Thank you for agreeing with me on my last statement. I am honored to know that I was partially right. We sorta see eye to eye as long as we each have one eye closed.

Re: precision turbo {question for dan?} May 04, 2012 06:55AM
When you sober up and reread what you just posted there, you're gonna feel mighty stupid. Have a nice day.

Re: precision turbo {question for dan?} May 05, 2012 04:46AM
I always new there was not much difference in hot farm and super farm. These guys cry and whine as bad as the hot farm guys do.

Re: precision turbo {question for dan?} May 05, 2012 07:57AM
I hope Colberg does produce a charger to kick Precision's A$$!! He is very capable. Precision is controlling the SF market like Hyper controls the PS market. They Screw the pullers every few years and throw money at NTPA to make it OK. Very dispicable.....

Re: precision turbo {question for dan?} May 05, 2012 09:59AM
Hyper doesnt have a competitive prostock so how could they control the market?

Re: precision turbo {question for dan?} May 07, 2012 01:30AM
really? you dont get around badger state much do you? ever heard of phillip parish

Re: precision turbo {question for dan?} May 07, 2012 01:34AM
Yeah really! And about every binder pro stock has something from Jerry on their tractor!

Re: precision turbo {question for dan?} May 07, 2012 02:24AM
How does the NTPA get dragged into this argument?? JW

Re: precision turbo {question for dan?} May 07, 2012 04:08AM
I am really being entertained by both of you!!!! keep it going this is good stuff! lol Smiling

Re: precision turbo {question for dan?} May 07, 2012 04:47AM
Green dominates PS anyway The Binders dont stand a chance.Smoking

Re: precision turbo {question for dan?} May 07, 2012 04:53AM
Does Precision Turbo build a 4.1 or a 4.3 size turbo? All I have heard are turbo's for the hot farm, or super farm tractors? Thanks!

Re: precision turbo {question for dan?} May 08, 2012 07:54AM
What's the smallest charger precision makes.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,670, Posts: 229,762, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,938.

Our newest member JD_8520