IAMO 2009 March 02, 2009 03:22PM
Just wondering if IAMO is having a 2009 season. Website is never updated and have heard nothing as far as 2009. Most associations have something as far as update or info for 2009. Should I look at NWMTPA or ECMTPA????????

Re: IAMO 2009 March 03, 2009 02:46AM
their has not been much heard about iamo lately

Re: IAMO 2009 March 03, 2009 04:09AM
ecmtpa would sure love to have a new tractor. good pulls and great people as well

Re: IAMO 2009 March 03, 2009 04:45AM
IAMO
Truck and Tractor Pullers
Schedule of Events

May 29th Pending Event
June 6th Albany, MO* Young Farmers and FFA
June 13th King City, MO* Young Farmers/Lions
June 20th Shelby, MO Shelby Rural Fire Dept
June 27th Pattonsburg, MO Lions Club
July 3rd Pending Event
July 4th New Market, IA New Market Celebration
July 10th Mt Ayr, IA Ringgold County Fair
July 12th Adel, IA Dallas County Fair
July 17th Kirksville, MO NEMO Regional Fair
July 18th Princeton, MO Mercer County Fair
July 23rd Corydon, IA* Wayne County Fair
July 25th Hardin, MO Young Farmers and FFA
Aug 1st Chariton, IA* Lucas County Fair
Aug 8th Lucern, MO Lucerne Stock Show
Aug 15th&16th Missouri State Fair
Aug 21st Osborn, MO US 36 Raceway Shootout
Sept 6th Pending Event
Sept 12th Unionville, MO Putnam County Fair
Sept 19th Milan, MO Milan FFA Alumni*

* Select Classes

Re: IAMO 2009 March 03, 2009 05:49AM
Things look like they are shaping up for another great year. Looks like we keep getting bigger and better venues all the time. Kind of outgrowing the brush pulling days.

Keep up the good work

Re: IAMO 2009 March 03, 2009 05:58AM
I imagine that everyone is pretty busy and haven't had time to update as of yet. Probably getting final details worked out before posting something that is subject to change.

Re: IAMO 2009 March 03, 2009 10:41AM
Ever consider allowing turbos in your lite class and run it like mo.state fair?

Re: IAMO 2009 March 03, 2009 12:14PM
How many are going to travel to Adel, Iowa?
Sometimes better to be honest with the fair board about how far your members will REALLY travel, than to promise them the moon and show up with very few numbers.
You have a good thing going! Nice vehicles, but folks that want to stay close to home. Especially those south of the ia border.

Re: Jefferson IA the night before March 03, 2009 01:03PM
There will probably be a good turnout. Jefferson is the night before and there is always alot of Iamo tractors show up for that pull. Also will get a few western ia guys. Jefferson will have 2 sleds again this year pluss diesel dyno for trucks. Added 2 mod diesel truck classes. Also considering outlaw limited pro. We have had some intrest from some of them.

Re: Jefferson IA the night before March 03, 2009 02:13PM
That is EXCELLENT!!!
Jefferson is notoriously good paying, so that'll bring iron for sure!!!!!
You are helping Adel, make sure you guys push that deal about being same weekend as Adel, it'll help both programs.
Good plan !!!!!!!!

Re: IAMO 2009 March 03, 2009 12:17PM
HEARD THERE IS A BIG BUDGET IH COMING OUT OF MO TO RUN WITH IAMO THIS YEAR. SERIOUS FINANCIAL SPONSOR HAS BEEN SECURED AND MORE DETAILS TO COME .Winking

Re: IAMO 2009 March 03, 2009 02:52PM
Adel is not too far. When I pulled with mstpa most all pulls were atleast that far away. Eugene McNeely (MACK)

Re: IAMO 2009 March 04, 2009 11:49AM
Heard midwest binders was reentering the profield division could this be the tractor of which u speak or is it from a different program?

Re: IAMO 2009 March 04, 2009 12:22PM
Never heard of midwest binders . This high-budget IH will be easily identified upon sight, heard after the sale of a 8000 pro-stock diesel truck in a couple of weeks that the phrase "unlimited funds" will be ringing off of a certain shop's walls quite frequently in Gentry county MO.

Re: IAMO 2009 March 05, 2009 07:11AM
smoke will be flyin,front wheels will snap off and chalk lines will be in danger

Re: IAMO 2009 March 05, 2009 08:39AM
"IHow many are going to travel to Adel, Iowa?
Sometimes better to be honest with the fair board about how far your members will REALLY travel, than to promise them the moon and show up with very few numbers.
You have a good thing going! Nice vehicles, but folks that want to stay close to home. Especially those south of the ia border".

I first wonder if someone is genuine in the question over travel expense or if this a effort to raise the hair up on a few pullers?

I will assume it is genuine concern. I looked over some satistics that i felt were very note worthy. The ratio of pullers is just as it should be on the average. 52% missouri 48% Iowa 2 %other states. This was over the entire points season. Not counting rainouts.
2 events were lopsided. One north and one south.
In general breakage was a issue, 3 dates back to back maybe, and a conflicting pull being promoted with in by others. and concerns over rain and track conditions. What a crappy year for rain! ( i cleaned my air filter only twice because of dust)

In general the ratio is correct in Missouri is stronger on membership, big deal. Iowa has a few more smokers / Missouri has a few more gas burners. It all works .
I don't see any magical line or boarder patrol going thru my tow rig.

I will be offended if a logistics issue gets started. It is IAMO Pullers for a reason IowaMissouripullers together.

As far as being honest to the fair board members? The reason for no schedule yet is alot of work is entailed in producing hundreds of hours on the phone and traveling to several town meetings . To correctly promote a event for fair boards all over the midwest takes time. Why lie and prepost on a hunch??
Everyone is a volunteer. Fair board and IAMO members
This year everyone is nervous on full ante. Sorry it is just the way it is.
Praise is my direction i am happy to have differnt venues to go . If any body would like to help or promote give me call or send me a email. A board meeting is scheduled for this saturday at Lucerne. We have a open spot for new business Will not turn down more helpers

Mike Hatfield
Gold Digger
not a key board puller

Re: IAMO 2009 March 05, 2009 01:13PM
Just heard the grease burners from Mo. don't like to travel.
Seen Twin states blow sunshine up Humboldt countys rear before and show with only 3 or 4 tractors, and I don't mean PER CLASS, I mean 3 or 4 for the show. They made enough laps for the fair board to be happy, but their crowd wasn't.
Adel is closer for your folks, but if they don't like to travel,,,,,,,,,,,,
Let alone if Barry and Al tax your diesel for their carbon credits and the drowning penguins and diesel is $4.00/gallon again.

Re: IAMO 2009 March 05, 2009 01:26PM
Smoke flying is ok but that other stuff is bad newsEye Popping

Re: IAMO 2009 March 06, 2009 01:02PM
Why is IAMO becoming so well liked? What are their smoker classes for 09' Can they put on a show as good as Outlaws???

Re: IAMO 2009 March 06, 2009 06:11PM
#1, they are a less expensive show
#2, most all their equipment is really nice
#3, most of the competitors get along really well.
Different power level than Outlaws, still good show, but not as good as most Outlaw shows in the same area.

Re: IAMO 2009 March 07, 2009 12:55AM
When you have a board like mstpa that are so selfcentered they only work for themselves and their friends, change the rules to fit their tractors after the rules meeting, it makes IAMO look good. Eugene McNeely (MACK)

Re: IAMO 2009 March 07, 2009 03:51AM
Get over it Eugene, It's 2009 not 1980--All pulling needs to progress!! . You are the only member pitching a fit! No one is forcing you to pull MSTPA.

Re: IAMO 2009 March 07, 2009 12:53PM
Eugene IAMO will let the 360's run also but be aware of other engines that grow up to 350 also

Re: IAMO 2009 March 07, 2009 03:26PM
Better read the rules again if you read them in the first place. 350 Cubic In.
It's not the ci, it is the way you worms went about changing the rules. If it happened this year, what will happen next year? No need to have a rules meeting if our vote don't count. Do you board members know what the word HONEST means? You guys changed the rules after the meeting this year, how could you board members be trusted for us to even vote next year?
After we met with you in January you uped your weight in the SS class also. Trust this board? Not me.
Eugene McNeely

Re: IAMO 2009 March 08, 2009 03:21AM
350or 360 who cares. better check weight and drawbars first

Re: IAMO 2009 March 08, 2009 05:09AM
Wow!!!! Guess who that was meant for? hint(sedalia) another hint (eugene)

Hey Mack Address this March 08, 2009 02:36PM
Explain this mack

Re: IAMO 2009 March 07, 2009 03:12PM
Is the new P-Pump class going to have a set of chicken $##$ rules for a few or allow everyone to play?

Re: IAMO 2009 March 08, 2009 01:47AM
If the cube is limit is 466 or less they are going to lose at least 5 tractors that were already built for this class and they will not pull with IAMO at all in the coming years.

Re: IAMO 2009 March 08, 2009 03:55AM
is'nt it hard to build a tractor for a class that doesnt have any rules yet. doesnt seem very smart to me. this is how all the bu**@#$%& starts. people build a tractor the way they want and then expect the rules to change to let their tractors in. just my two cents

Re: IAMO 2009 March 08, 2009 04:05AM
When and if the rules are released more than likely it won't be hard to tell who was in bed with who on this deal. Probably a put up deal for a select few, i mean "two."

Re: IAMO 2009 March 08, 2009 04:13AM
just would have been nice to know before the banquet. i built a tractor for the a-pump class and i would have rather bought a good p-pump. that is why they need to have a rules meeting right after the season is over to give everyone time to get parts. and also to get all the pullers opinions not just a few.

Re: IAMO 2009 March 08, 2009 05:09AM
The A-pump class still exists and the rules are currently looked for 2 more years.It will be yet another great year.

Re: IAMO 2009 March 08, 2009 04:18AM
It seems to me that if there are no rules set at this time and that if there are even any tractors out there for this so called class. It would be difficult for any association to approve a set of rules for a class, when the season is only 2 1/2 to 3 months out. It is feasibly impossible to build said tractor this close to the season and be competitive unless the rules that are coming out are for only certain individuals in order to have a class with no competition for the upcoming season. Hopefully there board won't be pushovers like everyone else and see the writing on the walls. Come on guys if you were going to have a new class you would of had a set of rules and list of competitors at the end of last season and not just months prior to the season. Just remember a few bad apples can ruin it for everyone!!

Re: IAMO 2009 March 08, 2009 07:16AM
Let me guess: All of this controversy started north of the border! Wonder who the ringleader will be? Bet they are close to grand river

Re: IAMO 2009 March 08, 2009 09:07AM
Is this controversy that MACK has with IAMO or MSTPA? And is IAMO adding a P-pump class? None of this makes any sense from here I get the felling IAMO is getting drug thought the mud with someone esles problems.

Re: IAMO 2009 March 08, 2009 09:46AM
Supposedly IAMO is adding a P-Pump class, but apparently it is top secret! I guess we will see who shows up with the P-Pumps on come the first pull of the season. I can't wait!! All the suspense.
I think it is going to be a VIP only class.

Re: IAMO 2009 March 08, 2009 10:49AM
ha ha couldn't resist.....grow up little boys and be thankful for what you have!!!Winking

Re: IAMO 2009 March 09, 2009 06:32AM
I've knowed some of them boys from Grand River over the years,good bunch of people might even fight amongst themselves but they do stick toghether and can be hard headed,I think their must be something in the water that makes them a little crazy

Re: IAMO 2009 March 08, 2009 11:56AM
Do all these tractors pull a different org now??? Was someone told it was going to be a big cube class? If these tractors are newly built I'm gonna guess you bet on odd and she's gonna land on even!

Re: IAMO 2009 March 08, 2009 01:31PM
mstpa is the one I was talking about. NOT IAMO. IAMO is where I will be pulling most of the time this year. Pulled with them some the last two years. From my experence with them they are a good organization.
Eugene McNeely (MACK)

Re: IAMO 2009 March 08, 2009 02:04PM
All the MSTPA worms would like Mack to come pull with us and maybe we could get kleenex or depends for a corporate sponsor.

Re: IAMO 2009 March 08, 2009 02:18PM
not al of us worms want him back!!!!!!

Re: IAMO 2009 March 08, 2009 02:20PM
Truth hurts don't it board member Scott? The cry babys that built their tractors then wanted and got the rules changed through the wormy board are the ones that need them, not me , I just tell it like is is. Most of you were still being thought of by your parents when I started pulling with mstpa when it was a good association. MACK

Re: IAMO 2009 March 08, 2009 02:28PM
What does your age have to do with anything if you want things to stay the same i would go antique pulling.It's not like you would have to change much.As for the worm comment you know they eat dirt don't you.

Re: IAMO 2009 March 08, 2009 02:34PM
Mack, why don't you address getting caught at Sedalia for cheating? It woul'd be a shame to find out you won the points this past year by "fudging a little" on the weight and drawbar.

Re: IAMO 2009 March 08, 2009 03:44PM
I don't know what you are talking about. I never cheeted at the state fair in my 39 years at the fair or any where else. Let me know what you are talking about. My # is 660 828 4310. If you are not man enough to idenify your self, call me, emale, or shut up. Now people know why I call you a worm.
MACK

Re: IAMO 2009 March 08, 2009 03:50PM
outlaws have 2 light classes to choose from

Re: IAMO 2009 March 08, 2009 03:52PM
Ok I dont know if Mack fudged a little all year or not, but I believe Mack is a honest man and with MSTPA running Certifed wts in the 6200 prostock class his wt could appear to be off at times depending on the scales. Now let,s set this thing that happen at the MO STATE FAIR in it"s right place, I believe this is how that went down. I happen to be one of the scale people at Sedalia and after coffering with one of the other scale workers for the Tractors side this is what we recall. On sunday Mack cross weighting pretty well on class weight as did the rest of his class but on monday we used the other scales (that the truck weighted on sunday) to weigh tractors and they were weighing everyone a little heavy and Mack did throw off one weight. This I know because I took it back to his trailer for him so his wife wouldn,t have to carry hit back (just joking Eugene).Also he wasn,t the only one that had to lose weights because we had a pile of them at the scales.So in defense of Mack I dont beleive he was fudging any more than anyone else. Signed Russell Martin Owner of the Red Delight

Re: IAMO 2009 adults or bunch cry babies March 08, 2009 03:53PM
what happened to pulling being a fun sport. first off you all complain more than my four kids. no more than the pay out is. just make some simple rules so everyone can pull and have FUN. the way i see imao is several slective groups instead of one big compromising organization. from setting in the stands you can see what goes on the in and the out groups. one big problem i have is the drinking that goes on by some of the drivers before they pull. is this safe for the driver and the workers and on lookers. is this or shouldn't it be in the rules. can't believe that iamo,s insurance covers this or should they be contacted to drop in and check it out for themselves. hope the year goes as well as the complaining has been on here.

Re: IAMO 2009 adults or bunch cry babies March 08, 2009 04:08PM
I agree with you "640 puller" on the drinking issue. Last your at I was a 2 of their event that some, not all were drinking when they got their and still when they left. If something ever happens it will also effect the one not drinking. After a puller is done pulling they can drink all they want, but not before. I was told it was brought up at banquet.

Re: IAMO 2009 adults or bunch cry babies March 08, 2009 04:13PM
I will agree with you dale, it is a problem and it is time that someone puts there foot down. It was a big problem at your pull especially at Hardin. Not mentioning any names but the drive thru shed was full of empty cans by the tractors and those cans were mostly from people prior to hooking as the party after the pull would not be an excuse as the rain shortened the event. It might have been for the best that the rain came with the amount of consumption for a few of the pullers.

concerned iamo puller

Re: IAMO 2009 adults or bunch cry babies March 08, 2009 04:19PM
glad to see people that agree with me. problem needs taken care of.

Re: IAMO 2009 adults or bunch cry babies March 09, 2009 05:31AM
I also agree with you, but thats not the only rules that need looking at. What about the open rpm tractor with out any side shields or frame rails??? That could sure turn bad in a hurry!

Re: IAMO 2009 adults or bunch cry babies March 09, 2009 11:05AM
To my knowledge there isn't any open RPM tractor without side sheilds on it in IAMO. Which tractor are you speaking of?

Re: IAMO 2009 adults or bunch cry babies March 10, 2009 12:33AM
Its a black case is all I know.

Re: IAMO 2009 March 08, 2009 04:08PM
Thanks Russel If this is what John was talking about, I hope this clears it up.
John you made a slip and adenified your self. This goes to show what kind of a board member you are. Don't know what the rules are in the rule book as we found when we met with the board, and now don't know that the state fair did not give poins.
Thanks again Russel. Hope to see you some where this summer.
MACK

Re: IAMO 2009 March 08, 2009 11:46PM
Wrong worm, try again!!

Re: IAMO 2009 March 09, 2009 04:23AM
I always have had a huge respect for all pullers and the work they do to support the sport of pulling,and pulling must always change with the times to better itself,we must be open minded to change to better any sport or business,change is about us all the time,a president even got elected on the format of change,as usual their are always people that are not open minded to change because it affects their way of life that they are use to,do we think that change is always good,some yes and some no,but one thing is for sure and that is nothing ever stays the same,so embrace change open minded and go forward.

Re: IAMO 2009 March 09, 2009 05:17AM
Does the IAMO have a web site I would like to see the rules! Some of ur pulls are close to us and i would like to check it out! Im from WCIPA! Thanks!

Re: IAMO 2009 March 09, 2009 06:05AM
To who ever is accusing Mack of weight and drawbar height at the state fair. If you were a tractor puller sunday at the fair then you should know that over half the tractors had to lower their drawbars because of where they were measuring from. My drawbar has not been changed in over 2 years and then sunday had to lower it almost 1 inch, only to pull monday at the grandstand with the other scales and be 1 inch low! So you cant blame Eugene for that.

Re: IAMO 2009 March 09, 2009 02:36PM
Funny, I did not have to change mine!!!

Re: IAMO 2009 March 09, 2009 02:53PM
Ok for those of you that dont know, the statement that 856 puller made about half the pullers on sunday had to lower their hitchs isnt exactly correct. What did happen on sunday is the point we used to ck hitchs from was about 3/8 of an inch low. We had classes cross that hardly any one had to change any hitch ht. (in fact some even raised them) but we also had classes cross that some tractors had to lower their hitch ht and it tended to run in say groups. (By this I mean maybe one associations tractors were all a little high or low and I believe that probably went back to there respective association methods at their pulls and probably not anyone intentionly being to high or to low). We had very few cross that had to lower 1 inch or more and if you did then I would assume they were probably running to high a hitch (not accussing anyone of fudging) sense our correction would have been no more than 3/8 to 1/2 an inch max. Also 856 or anyone else if you run Monday on what you would call a low hitch it would be because you didnt take opportunity to readjust you hitch sense we corrected our location on Monday. Also remember everyone pulled off the same measurement both day so I would think it would have been fair and also remember every association has their own way of doing things, just like the Mo State Fair has theirs.

Re: IAMO 2009 March 09, 2009 02:58PM
Forgot to sign off on my last post Russell Martin

Re: IAMO 2009 March 09, 2009 01:07PM
Mack is an honest guy. Hes pulled longer than anyone in MO.

Re: IAMO 2009 March 09, 2009 02:29PM
anybody?????

Re: IAMO 2009 March 09, 2009 03:23PM
I dont know how long Mack been pulling but I do know a man that has been pulling a long time, probably close to 45 if not 50 years and his name is Bobby Gilmore at Ashland Mo and he pulls a tractor call PUFF & STUFF. Mack do you know for sure how long because I can remember Him and David pulling ACs that many years ago . David if you see this can you give us a approx if you can remember that far back. Sined Russell Martin

Re: IAMO 2009 March 09, 2009 06:50AM
have white 2-70 with a 5.9 like to come play in the light limited pro class

Re: IAMO 2009 March 09, 2009 07:04AM
Was your 5.9 engine built before 1940?If not sorry but we don't want you to pull with us thats just too modern!!!!!!

Re: IAMO 2009 March 09, 2009 02:27PM
2-70 Ron, you will be ok to pull with mstpa. A 1900 oliver with 5.9 pulls, so you should be ok. MACK

Re: IAMO 2009 March 09, 2009 02:34PM
Mack, You can't just drop it can you? Go pull antiques like scott suggested!!

Re: IAMO 2009 March 09, 2009 02:41PM
Yeah Ron go run with the MSTPA worms they will allow post WW2 motors in their tractor class.

Re: IAMO 2009 March 09, 2009 02:47PM
Dear Eugene,

This is Danny Gray (MSTPA board member). In an earlier post you said the board changed the SS weights. The weight change in the SS class was voted on by the members of that class at the general meeting, not the board. The 2008 rule was 6000 lbs 350 c.i. & under, or 5700 over 350 c.i., and pro-stock tractors in super could weigh 6300 lbs. For 2009, you guys changed it to all tractors weighing 6000 lbs at 350 c.i. and under, or 5700 over 350 c.i. The board changed the pro-stock rules from (in 2008) 6200 lbs 350 c.i. & under, or 5700 lbs 351-385 c.i. The Board’s new rule for 2009 is 6200 lbs 350 c.i. & under, or 5900 lbs. 351-360 c.i., or 5700 lbs. 361-385 c.i.. This is only a 200 lbs difference on the 360 c.i. motors from last year and this change was agreed upon by you at the January board meeting. If you didn’t like it, why did you agree on it? The board changed the rule to benefit the association by bringing in more pullers and more modern equipment, not just to benefit two or three tractors as you said.

The board has made changes in the past. Two years ago, the president (Mike McCoy) & the board gave both of your classes a pay raise. No general vote was taken. This decision was O.K. with you. Many years ago, the board said you could use different final drives on the Mack. That rule benefited one tractor (the Mack) and one man (Eugene). Before you say it is for safety, you could say an extra 200 lbs on the front of a 5700 lbs tractor is for safety also.

As for another of your posts, I am building a tractor for the light pro class. I will guarantee you that it will be built 100 % to your “old school” rules of 350 c.i. or under (not de-cubed), and the engine and drive train housing will match. I do hope that the class goes 360 c.i. so we can get newer motors and tractors in the class. If the class does go to 360 c.i., I plan on my 350 c.i. tractor still being competitive. If not, I will work on it until it is and not complain.

So, it seems to me that you have two choices.

Choice one: Shut up, stop bitching, be happy and come pull with MSTPA.

Choice two: Shut up, stop bitching, be unhappy and go pull somewhere else.

Danny Gray (MSTPA Board Member)

P.S. Have you noticed that you haven’t had much support for your posts on the web? Wonder why?

My last post on this subject March 10, 2009 12:53AM
Danny, thanks for being man enough to post your name. The change I was talking about was giving the 360 ci 200 hundred# in SS. Kenny made the statement at our meeting that they will still have to weigh 5700# in SS. You made it 5900.
I should not have called all the board members worms, there are still a few good board members on the mstpa board.
Hope to see you guys at a few pulls this year
Eugene McNeely (MACK)

Re: Change the heading March 10, 2009 02:17AM
I think several IAMO fans may get confused, of the cross talk about other orgs. I would change the topic heading.

On a side note most of the 2wd trucks changed or dropped height the second day of the mo state pull. differnt day differnt scale.

Mike Hatfield
Gold Digger

Eugene March 09, 2009 04:30PM
Eugene,
I have watched you and a couple of the other guys that pull in the light pro class my whole life! I have pulled with MSTPA since 1999. I started with a 1938 John Deere G and was very competitive in the 6000 stock class for several years. I still have this tractor, my 8 year old son started pulling it last fall. I then started pulling in the 10000# stock class with a 5020 John Deere that ruffled a lot of feathers. Then the same tractor became a 9700# profield tractor. Then the class was combined with 8700# pro stock . We quickly learned there ther was a lot of difference between a pro stock and a profield. Then we ended up in an 8300# profield class with the same 5020,to find out how terrible a big block Deere is at that light of weight! So then it was a 8700# pro stock tractor for 2 years and now will be a 9500# limited pro stock.

Sorry to ramble on but there has been a LOT of things that we have had to do to be and stay competitive over the last 10 years. Everything that we have done was to rule changes that I feel bettered the association. To help our president sell the class to promoters and to get new members and tractors.

My pulling career will probably never see as many wins as I have seen you make in the last two years alone. Your Pup tractor is a VERY IMPRESSIVE RUNNING TRACTOR. I am truely sorry that you think that the board is against you or that a puller in your class is against you. My opinion is 350ci is 350ci no matter if you go up or down to get it. I will make a bet on any given night that the Pup will be in the top 3 no matter how much the rules would change. I feel that if the board would allow a 360ci limit we will see more tractors in your class. AND that is GOOD for everyone.

I also feel that every time you get on here and bash MSTPA and our board members that YOU and I and every other member voted for only hurts the rest of YOUR fellow pullers and class mates that like and respect you very much.
I know that you have every phone number to every board member that there is so please call them and express your feelings to them rather than smeering MSTPA's good name on the internet. We all 100 plus members have an investment in MSTPA in making it a great show for the money spent and we dont need 1 angry member running us down. I'm sorry if I am being harsh please think about it before you scream down my throat.

Austin Ritter

Re: Eugene March 10, 2009 01:49AM
Come on Eugene, it is called progress. I can remember Alan Licthe coming out with his little 4050 John Deere at the Misssouri State Fair for his first hook of the season about 10 years ago and he kicked your butt. You had him protested on the spot. Roberts machine had built the engine and took a 359 cubic inch engine and destroked it to meet the 350 limit and becuse they had honed the old stock sleeves it was 3 cubic inch over the limit and Alan was banned for a year. Same as for the Cole's and their John Deere tractors. They kicked your butt, so you kept pushing for lower weight for them till they were down to about 5000 lbs and they were still kicking your butt. The big losers here was the fans that wanted something that smoked in a class of all gas burners. You didnt like it, but the crowd loved them smoke blowers and that is what MSTPA needs if they are going to sell tickets to the pulls. Go pull antiques if you dont like it, time for change.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,955, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,038.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009